No announcement yet.

This is it. The turning point for Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have faith T man...if nothing else Robbo is a student..a learner.

He's ready...we're ready.

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
      i wish him well and I truly hope he can overcome this blockage. I am right behind him but I am not confident. It just depends on how much growth he has gone through personally and professionally over the last year.
      Easts to win
      Nailed it Trew my ol mucka.
      The biggest issue is that we had a week off and they got hammered - and then hammered The Merge relentlessly for 80 minutes. It will bite in the second half if we capitalise.
      Can Robinson capitalise? Jury is out well and truly.
      God I hope he takes an angry pill and fire the boys up.
      Heart call : Easts by plenty
      Head call. The bast%$#s in one of their God forsaken fairytale finishes on the back of a Liu, Tupou or Fergo drop ball.

Comment

Our attack will suffer a lot with Latrell out.

But I think our defence is so good we won’t have to score a lot of points to win.

Roosters by 4.

Go Easts!

Comment

should we fail on Saturday I'm not sure the blame can be laid at Robbo's feet this time, the suspensions to Latrell and Napa are critical, Latrell in particular will learn a very tough lesson about poor discipline, that cannon ball tackle when we were up by 30 points against the Eels was so mind bogglingly stupid.

Comment

They showed footage of Souffs training in the heat today,surely come Saturday night there forwards will be gassed after 20 minutes..

Comment

Robbo will be fine. He is channelling Brian Smiths wisdom and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

It’s a bit difficult for us to have “the momentum” after having a week off. Souths are busted. Emotion? Why? You sound like a Souths supporter.

People are going to want Robbo hung in the unlikely event of a loss. He is going to cop it on here.
                Exactly. Similarly, how do you have 'the momentum' when you have had to play an extra week against a busted Dragons outfit (where you win narrowly due to a contentious penalty and use this stoopid 3 field goals tactic), having already demonstrated you don't have the goods to beat the Storm so will be a poor man's opponent to them if you make the GF? To top it off, Souffs have a played being done for DV and another one having to move out of home due to media hassling him about a dick pic (guessing him, his Mrs and his brothers will be a bit shaken from it all).

We have 'the momentum' having absolutely thumped Parra to secure the minor premiership and comfortably beaten the Sharks (who are a clone of Souffs), earning us a week off. My only fear is that losing Napa and Latrell kills our balance a little and stretches our bench a bit. However, we have had 2 weeks to adjust, form combinations and put together a plan to crack Souffs.

Like last year, the feather's in our court and WE SHOULD WIN - WE HAVE THE MOMENTUM TO WIN. Gus Gould says we should win easily. The bookies have us as favourites. Howevr, we have 2 stars out. How we adapt to this will define whether this season is one to be forgotten or one for the ages.

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                Our attack will suffer a lot with Latrell out.

But I think our defence is so good we won’t have to score a lot of points to win.

Roosters by 4.

Go Easts!
                I agree although TBH he has been quiet recently and Manu has been the standout IMO (Teddy too). Be interesting to see if this is because teams are over-commiting to Latrell's side. I guess the thing is... if thy start ignoring the side because Latrell ain't there, a quick pass from Keary to Cords then Toops or a pin point bomb from Cronk to Toops might remind them why you've gotta commit extra players to that side. Teddy will be bobbing around looking for ball on both sides too, so I'm not scared about our attacking ability. My worry is our defence.
                Last edited by ism22; 09-19-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  Hope so...If he gets somewhere near Smithys record across different clubs and countries he'll do me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                    there is a reason why Brian never won a GF
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      should we fail on Saturday I'm not sure the blame can be laid at Robbo's feet this time, the suspensions to Latrell and Napa are critical, Latrell in particular will learn a very tough lesson about poor discipline, that cannon ball tackle when we were up by 30 points against the Eels was so mind bogglingly stupid.
                      Agreed. Put it down to bad luck with suspensions if we lose. Not Robbo’s “personal growth” lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        If Sims doesn't get injured Souths aren't even playing this week. If Widdop didn't do his shoulder again vs Brissy they get lapped 13+.

They have arsed their way this far and I believe we'll run over the top of them after the first 20 minutes.

If the penalty count is low - say 5 all at most - they are ****ed if we control the ball like we did vs Cronulla.

Also Siebold is a wanker. Saying they have nothing to lose and all the pressure is on us. What a joker. A perfect fit for their club.
                        Heard him the other day going on about what an achievement was to come 'equal first.'

Shut up dickhead. You didn't even come top 2.
                        #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          No attention on us at all this week. Perfect.

Hopefully next week some chick can come out and say she was exposed to Cam Smith’s tackle.
                          I didn’t realise girls where playing too.

Comment

The girls are playing immediately before our main game on Saturday night.

Win and they could make the GF too.

Thirteen has advised me he will be leading the chants for the girls from Bay 35. He is bringing a pillow and an alarm clock (apparently)...

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                              i wish him well and I truly hope he can overcome this blockage. I am right behind him but I am not confident. It just depends on how much growth he has gone through personally and professionally over the last year.
                              Easts to win
                              I dont understand this post at all.
                              You are saying if we dont win it's all Robbos fault because he hasn't "grown" in the last year, yet later you post that it's a 50/50 game?????
                              Strange.

Comment

I believe we have the players capable to beat the FaceTime crew but I’m more concerned with the tactics Robbo will implement. We have had the best players out there and were probably favourites on each occasion but have failed the last 3 times.

If anything I feel that Robbo should do a Muhammad Ali. He’d apply total defense for the first few rounds and once the opponent wasted himself throwing punches, Ali would pounce. Souths are battered from some 2 tough games and they will try to win it in the first half but by the second they’ll start to tire out and hopefully they haven’t scored much if anything. That’s when they’ll panic and open up allowing Teddy, Manu and Fergo room to get through.

So am I confident? 50/50!
                                Last edited by ROC181; 09-20-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X