Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    Its a valid point I think.
    A team of champions will get beaten by a champion teams 9 times out of 10.
    Cronulla should have had a team in it before the Roosters.
    I thought the comment was a shocker in perpetuating the mindless stereotype of our club, whilst #nottalkingthegameup by a female broadcaster for the women's game ffs.

Why shouldn't Easts have a team in this competition? Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I thought the comment was a shocker in perpetuating the mindless stereotype of our club, whilst #nottalkingthegameup by a female broadcaster for the women's game ffs.

Why shouldn't Easts have a team in this competition? Please explain.
      I didnt say Easts shouldnt have a team in it I said Cronulla should have had a side in it before the Roosters.
      When the comp was put together a heap of the girls were already playing for the Sharks & because they never got a side in it most of those girls were bought by the Roosters.
      I think next year Thirteen should put his hand up to coach them.

Comment

2 straight losses, never mind, I'm still really confident we will finish top 4.

Comment

I didnt say Easts shouldnt have a team in it I said Cronulla should have had a side in it before the Roosters.
          When the comp was put together a heap of the girls were already playing for the Sharks & because they never got a side in it most of those girls were bought by the Roosters.
          I think next year Thirteen should put his hand up to coach them.
          Agree on the Coach.

Comment

Saw the girls coming out of the pool and they looked like Christmas had been cancelled. Wanted to hug them.

Still, we're not out of it. If Dragons beat Warriors tomorrow, and next week we beat Dragons and Broncos beat Warriors it comes down to F&A as to who plays Broncs in GF.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              Saw the girls coming out of the pool and they looked like Christmas had been cancelled. Wanted to hug them.

Still, we're not out of it. If Dragons beat Warriors tomorrow, and next week we beat Dragons and Broncos beat Warriors it comes down to F&A as to who plays Broncs in GF.
              You sound like a Wests Tigers supporter.......

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You sound like a Wests Tigers supporter.......
                It's against the odds, but far from impossible. Our F&A is okay.

Comment

And if we make the GF I think we will win.

Comment

Sounds like they played like a bunch of girls hehe..

When does this gimmick finish? Biatches should get back to the kitchen and bake us a cake
                    Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Why should Cronulla have a team, don't buy in to the bullshit of how much they have done for women's RL.
                      One of their junior clubs, Cronulla Carringbah has a team and the sharks run a Tarsha Gale team. Yes is more than the Roosters who only run a Tarsha Gale side but is so much less than many other clubs.

Illawarra is the district that has done more than any one.
                      Souths and Cronulla were so arrogant about their bid for a license they were laughed out of the NRL
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

one thing i hate is the way these women league players get to play on grand final day. they would have only played 3 or four games and yet they get to play on the biggest dau of the year in rugby league. play some real footy.
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                          one thing i hate is the way these women league players get to play on grand final day. they would have only played 3 or four games and yet they get to play on the biggest dau of the year in rugby league. play some real footy.
                          Will be a good excercise to settle the crowd. Relax everyone and make them feel docile before the big game.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            I fully agree, this total exercise is blatant pandering to some pathetic ideal of a womens game. Imagine they formed a mens netball team who had never played in a comp, and got them to play before a womens netball final. It is a total joke, more than that a disgrace. To call it a competition when there are only 4 games, the fourth one being called a Grand Final is nonsense. To give these teams the proud names of clubs who have played for decades and have a history in the game, when they are nothing but a gathering of blow ins is another joke. Only in the sick fantasyland we now live in is this crap possible. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy, a money grab. I farking hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Go The Roostetts
                              Why don't you do the weeks players ratings for this comp 13? You'd be the perfect judge...

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                                2 straight losses, never mind, I'm still really confident we will finish top 4.
                                LOL maaaate... aren't we knocked out now?

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

I fully agree, this total exercise is blatant pandering to some pathetic ideal of a womens game. Imagine they formed a mens netball team who had never played in a comp, and got them to play before a womens netball final. It is a total joke, more than that a disgrace. To call it a competition when there are only 4 games, the fourth one being called a Grand Final is nonsense. To give these teams the proud names of clubs who have played for decades and have a history in the game, when they are nothing but a gathering of blow ins is another joke. Only in the sick fantasyland we now live in is this crap possible. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy, a money grab. I farking hate it.
                                To be fair, they have been playing all year without a rest... just the womens comp isn't very mature yet. It has to start somewhere and IMO the amount of negativity towards the comp on here is pretty shyte to see.

Personally, the timing is great because (anecdotally) people switch off the men's game once their club has been knocked out. For example (currently undfeated) Brisbane are out of the NRL and there are no QLD teams left, so why would they bother watching Souffs v Roosters when they hate both clubs and wish both could lose? Enter the women's comp... they can now watch Brisbane because they have a team in the comp. Great idea IMO!!! If the Chooks get knocked out next week, the women's game is a great alternative. I can see it expanding too, if they keep the momentum up...
                                Last edited by ism22; 09-16-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X