Taupau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post
    I mentioned in the other thread he was coming, was hoping to midseason but was always looking like 2019.
    A friend of mine family is good friends with him from his time at the Tigers.
    He hasn't been happy at Manly for a while and wants to win a premiership, he sees us as his best chance achieving this.
    It would be good news if Marty Towpow joined us.

His offloading skills could be the missing link for us and help us to another permiership.

Cronk, Tedesco, Latrell, JWH Christon, Radley, Cordner, Keary and Towpow wow.

I even think Toopoo would excel in that sort of team.

Seeyaa Nappysan.
    Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
    South Sydney Forever

Comment

Not coming. It’s a media beat up probably driven by his management trying to drive up his price.

Move on, nothing to see here folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
        Not coming. It’s a media beat up probably driven by his management trying to drive up his price.

Move on, nothing to see here folks.
        Don't ruin it for us Maxy. It is OK to dream in life.

Comment

Robbo has rejected reports the Chooks are after him

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/we...oosters/449369

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
            Robbo has rejected reports the Chooks are after him

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/we...oosters/449369
            The coach protests too much, methinks. I called it months ago, Taupau might well be in the tricolors next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

The coach protests too much, methinks. I called it months ago, Taupau might well be in the tricolors next year.
              If so, he is inadvertently contributing to the "salary sombrero" conjecture - he said that we only have enough money in the cap to accommodate one or two low-pay players. Taupau stands to earn $900,000 next year from Manly. If we suddenly sign him, people will rightly ask what changed.

Comment

We don’t need him but I bet we wouldn’t say no.

If only to shit opposition fans I would like to see the big braided animal in our colours.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                  We don’t need him but I bet we wouldn’t say no.

If only to shit opposition fans I would like to see the big braided animal in our colours.

How do we not need a prop who can offload? What if Napa or JWH goes down? There is no depth at prop. That’s why we have had to convert a backrower into a prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

How do we not need a prop who can offload? What if Napa or JWH goes down? There is no depth at prop. That’s why we have had to convert a backrower into a prop.
                    Mate we have done fine with the current roster and our style of play. The whole offload myth and small prop garbage is not something I buy into personally.

We focus on defensive forwards and electric backs.

It obviously works hence our success under Robbo.

That said a Kapow would not hurt us.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

success? We’ve bombed more Finals campaigns than I care to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                        ....and GFs
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

at least we are there to compete...........odds fall our way occasionally.....& soon
                          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

If so, he is inadvertently contributing to the "salary sombrero" conjecture - he said that we only have enough money in the cap to accommodate one or two low-pay players. Taupau stands to earn $900,000 next year from Manly. If we suddenly sign him, people will rightly ask what changed.
                            I would like it duly noted I said "might" because I do not want to look the fool if it doesn't happen.

Comment

Would you prefer we were competing for spoons most seasons?

Or even worse like The Faiders most talent in the comp but can only get it together when the pressure is off and they can’t make the 8?

Cmon man successful clubs can’t win every season.

All this bleeting and whinging about about being successful do you know anyone who supports the shit sides like the tigpies or Faiders or Poocastle?

It will be too late to enjoy it when it’s gone.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Agree this level of performance by our club won't last forever.

There will be some really bad years, we have always had them in the past. Just hope it is not like the bad eras, example, the majority of the 1983 to 1995 period. (1987 being a weird wonderful season)

I used to shudder thinking about what happens when Uncle Nick is no longer at the helm.

Sure we have plenty of money backing the club ,but Uncle Nick is different to every other super wealthy individual, he bleeds for the club, its family to him.

Methinks, that is why people like Robbo, Cronk are now at the club, in addition to their obvious coaching and playing talents in Cronk's case but to also provide leadership in the post Politis years.
                                Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 09-02-2018, 01:27 PM.
                                Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
                                X