Salary Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap

Ennis had a pop at us last week laughing us off as not being salary cap compliant.

The chickens have come home to roost, pal.

Is this from back when Cocaine Keogh was running the club?? Hope they take the premiership away!

Comment

Im hearing breaches so far a 750 grand and climbing...rumoured over 3 years.
      its not surprising...im certain obe of t gf eir digruntled sponsor donbed them in ye as rs ago....which was in papers..etc..t gf en nothing came of it.
      Think it was a security company...club insisted he pay cash to the players...his money was tax declared..to the tune of 300 grand a year or so...a bit vague on it now so dont quote me
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I would be suprised it it isn't swept under the carpet or made to look like it wasn't much at all, but I seem to remember Easts copped it big time when RTS education allowance was put under the microscope.... But that's Easts so it's different.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
          Im hearing breaches so far a 750 grand and climbing...rumoured over 3 years.
          its not surprising...im certain obe of t gf eir digruntled sponsor donbed them in ye as rs ago....which was in papers..etc..t gf en nothing came of it.
          Think it was a security company...club insisted he pay cash to the players...his money was tax declared..to the tune of 300 grand a year or so...a bit vague on it now so dont quote me
          E Group security.
          Not surprisingly they lost their contract soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
            I would be suprised it it isn't swept under the carpet or made to look like it wasn't much at all, but I seem to remember Easts copped it big time when RTS education allowance was put under the microscope.... But that's Easts so it's different.
            The education allowance is unlimited. Don't think RTS finished that degree at ACPE anyway... did a couple of semesters part-time or something? (It was more of a backup... clearly his $1M a year footy career took over).

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

The education allowance is unlimited. Don't think RTS finished that degree at ACPE anyway... did a couple of semesters part-time or something? (It was more of a backup... clearly his $1M a year footy career took over).
              I remember reading somewhere when he signed that Cronk was getting an education benefit/allowance.
              Players need to provide proof of money spent on actual education expenses like fees and laptops, etc. to be able to be reimbursed by their club.
              There is also the RLPA Education Grant that is available to all NRL Contracted Players with reimbursement of 75% of fees up to $3,000 per year.

Comment

They can have their clueless jokes and smears about us all they want. Saw a comedian on the alleged comedy show The Professor last week play up to the audience, yelling 'how the hell can the Roosters afford Tedesco AND Cronk?' Notice too, that our club is the only one constantly referred to by the media as 'star-studded' (even though we only have ONE current Australian international in our ranks). The fact is there have been deliberate, massive breaches over the years by the likes of Canterbury, Melbourne, The Warriors, more recently Parramatta and Manly, and now allegedly Cronulla. That is nearly half the teams in the competition! Go through the minor breaches (largely account-keeping errors) and the Roosters still finish among the also-rans on that list! I wonder whether reality will ever hit the blinkered conspiracy theorists and they will just have a look at the way the club operates, signing young and developing, and letting players go they can't afford to keep. (Hope Cronulla enjoyed having their premiership steered by James Maloney! Hope the Warriors are enjoying the sight of RTS stepping his way through opposition defences! Hope the Knights are enjoying winning a few games for a change! Hope Parra are enjoying Kane Evans.....well, can't win 'em all). But facts matter little to those blinkered by jealousy and hatred. The Roosters a few years back were the ONLY club honest enough to stand up in a meeting and say that the salary cap needed to be drastically raised. Of course, they were severely criticized for it, but some clubs are so poorly run it wouldn't matter how much the cap was!
                Last edited by ccfc bondi; 08-29-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

we dont care what others think, just feed on the hate and envy of others big laugh if sharks lose their 50 year premiership!

Comment

Haters gonna hate

Comment

Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that these illegalities relate to the seasons before and after their premiership in 2016 but not that year itself? How do we know whether or not these payments were crucial in assembling the premiership winning team - i.e. players sign in 2015, get a pocketful of cash, then go on to win the GF in 2016. Surely that is dodgy - like the Dogs being able to keep their illegally assembled squad to win a premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                        Does anyone else find it a bit suspicious that these illegalities relate to the seasons before and after their premiership in 2016 but not that year itself? How do we know whether or not these payments were crucial in assembling the premiership winning team - i.e. players sign in 2015, get a pocketful of cash, then go on to win the GF in 2016. Surely that is dodgy - like the Dogs being able to keep their illegally assembled squad to win a premiership.
                        Yeah, agreed. But the NRL doesn't want to wipe out clubs, so they turn a blind eye to those 'residual benefits'.

Comment

Well spotted. Convenient as the nrl won’t strip the premiership.

if the integrity unit was doing its job, I’d want to know when this was first discovered. In other words how long have they sat on this.

i will be watching to see if this matter is handed to the police as aml/ctf is arelated crime that austrac and police would be interested to investigate
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Meanwhile, Melbourne are lauded by all and sundry on shows like NRL 360 as a "development club" to be admired whilst the Roosters "have no juniors and poach the best talent in the game", then fit them all in under the "salary cap sombrero". Cue the smirking dopes. I know it shouldn't bother me but the injustice of it all - the inability and/or unwillingness to recognise the hard work of the men and women that make our club great - well, it just shits me to tears. Small minded fools.

Comment

Yes, and it was pointed out on NRL 360 that it was only 'as far as we know'. Not only that, there is still a flow-on effect in following years from the money saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X