21-MAN SQUAD v THE VERMIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    Cook is their real weapon, slow him down and they won't win.
    Cook best player in the comp

No team can control him for the 80 mins

Can easily think of 4 games where he's won it for them in the last 10 min
    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post

Cook best player in the comp

No team can control him for the 80 mins

Can easily think of 4 games where he's won it for them in the last 10 min
      Even if that was true, you cant just say it here.

give yourself a 3 hour ban for that.

Comment

Before I take time out,

I might add that a simple stiff arm & a stretcher is the tonic

Can SOS do us the favour
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Smith is still the best hooker by a mile.

The Storm would be languishing outside the top 8 without him. What a difference he makes.

But Cook has been awesome. His speed from dummy half is lethal so we need to dominate the ruck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
            Play SOS or don't pick him at all.

Go with Collins instead.

I would definitely play Butcher ahead of Collins, he knows how to pace himself, Collins goes at 100 MPH but fatigues quite quickly and can be exploited in the defensive line. We have 4 front rowers in the rotation anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
              wouldn't be surprised to see Napa start to combate their big burgess boys roll on early. We need to get on top of that ealy and stay on top of it to win. They just rolled through us at will last time. I know we have improved a lot since then but Napa is definitely capable of nullifying that better than anyone else in our team i think. Hitem f$#@ken hard early and make them think twice next time they cart it up. To me their bench looks pretty weak but i haven't been following them at all this year so wouldn't know if they have uncovered some talent their or not.
              Yep I like it.
              The Roosters have a better team if you look at it player by player but Souths under Seibold IMO are the toughest team in the comp led by Sammy boy. Reynolds on his day is deadly & Cody Walker is a very good attacking player who has been in top form over the last 3 months. The Roosters wingers are superior to the Souths wingers who I think the Roosters will target. If the Chooks can play with heaps of aggression I think they can win but if they dont get over Sammy boy & he ends up the top dog then I think Souths will win.

Comment

i don't think we can win without keary .Matto just does not cut it for me at pivot .

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                  i don't think we can win without keary .Matto just does not cut it for me at pivot .
                  Sure, Keary is a special player and creates things with speed and running at the line while keeping his option to pass, but I think we can win with Matto. There's nothing wrong with just giving more early ball to Latrell and Teddy who can create stuff out of nothing. Plus Matto is a big body and can stop the Souths forwards getting a roll on, thus nullifying Cook's danger to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Sure, Keary is a special player and creates things with speed and running at the line while keeping his option to pass, but I think we can win with Matto. There's nothing wrong with just giving more early ball to Latrell and Teddy who can create stuff out of nothing. Plus Matto is a big body and can stop the Souths forwards getting a roll on, thus nullifying Cook's danger to an extent.
                    Agree, no depth player is ever going to be able to replace a 5/8 who is probably the 3rd best in the league (behind Maloney and Munster), am glad we have Matto at the club and his ability to cover centre, 5/8 and play back row. He is our Maubs when he eventually leaves or retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Its funny you know...I look at those two squads and (on paper) we should be firm favourites.

It emphasises again to me what a good job that Seibold fella has done.
                      Yep. Brisbane will get themselves a good coach next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Play SOS or don't pick him at all.

Go with Collins instead.

Collins will dead set get killed around the rucks when he is on the field if he plays I would rather play with 16 than have Collins defending in the middle Butcher would be by far the better option over Collins
                        Last edited by Andrew Walker; 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM.
                        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Collins will dead set get killed around the rucks when he is on the field if he plays I would rather play with 16 than have Collins defending in the middle Butcher would be by far the better option over Collins
                          think you're right there re collins around the ruck - cook will carve him up as he tends to gets gassed quickly and then seems to get a bit lazy at marker and around the ruck in defence. Need to get his minutes up to improve that as he has the mongrel and determination to succeed i think - but just not this week v cook who will punish lazy ruck defence with points more often than any other player in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

So don't play SOS = too small
                            Collins = too slow
                            Butcher = perfect?

Comment

Collins did make a huge defensive blunder against the saints but he’s a beast when he takes the ball something Napa is missing. I’m sure he’ll be more careful next time but he needs more game time to get used to the speed of the game. If Robbo is going to have SOS sitting on the bench and be given minimal time when the game is in the bag or not given given time, I much prefer Collins there. Let him come on to make an impact in attack late in the game and show those burgarses some pain. Maybe put a big hit on grubby Sam...even if he gets a week off, I’m sure all league fans will like to see him on his arse.
                              Last edited by ROC181; 08-08-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I've got a horrible feeling that this one could be decided by the game managers.

Comment

Working...
                                X