Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-MAN SQUAD v THE VERMIN

21-MAN SQUAD v THE VERMIN

The squad has been announced, and there is no surprises really. Matto retained at 5/8, only really the final bench make up to speculate over, with SOS named in the 17 this time.

1. James Tedesco
    2. Daniel Tupou
    3. Latrell Mitchell
    4. Joseph Manu
    5. Blake Ferguson
    6. Ryan Matterson
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. JWH
    9. Jake Friend (c)
    10. SST
    11. Boyd Cordner (c)
    12. Isaac Liu
    13. Victor Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Dylan Napa
    15. Zane Tetevano
    16. Mitchell Aubusson
    17. Sean O'Sullivan

RESERVES:
    18. Nat Butcher
    19. Kurt Baptiste
    20. Matt Ikuvalu
    21. Lindsay Collins

Play SOS or don't pick him at all.

Go with Collins instead.

Comment

I wasn’t too confident winning this match minus Keary but considering they are missing Inglis,Jennings and Douehi the pendulum swings back our way,no excuses..

Go Easts!

Comment

It's going to be a cracker. If we match them in the forwards we'll have too much strike power in the backs.

Comment

Vermin squad....

1. Alex Johnston
          2. Campbell Graham
          3. Hymel Hunt
          4. Dane Gagai
          5. Richard Kennar
          6. Cody Walker
          7. Adam Reynolds
          8. Thomas Burgess
          9. Damien Cook
          10. George Burgess
          11. John Sutton
          12. Angus Crichton
          13. Sam Burgess

INTERCHANGE
          14. Braidon Burns
          15. Cameron Murray
          16. Jason Clark
          17. Tevita Tatola

RESERVES
          18. Billy Brittain
          19. Kyle Turner
          20. Dean Britt
          21. Tyrell Fuimaono

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            It's going to be a cracker. If we match them in the forwards we'll have too much strike power in the backs.
            Their backline is a joke. And so is their bench.

Their starting pack is all they have.

Comment

Apparently Phone Chukka's been on TV denegrading our team. No doubt trying to fuel crowd numbers, but I really hope he trips over his Book of Tools and lands on his ever growing fat @rse !

https://www.msn.com/en-au/video/watc...cid=spartandhp

Comment

I agree, Aubo can play the utility role, another big body on the bench would be great to combat the burger boys.

Comment

wouldn't be surprised to see Napa start to combate their big burgess boys roll on early. We need to get on top of that ealy and stay on top of it to win. They just rolled through us at will last time. I know we have improved a lot since then but Napa is definitely capable of nullifying that better than anyone else in our team i think. Hitem f$#@ken hard early and make them think twice next time they cart it up. To me their bench looks pretty weak but i haven't been following them at all this year so wouldn't know if they have uncovered some talent their or not.

Comment

Cook is their real weapon, slow him down and they won't win.

Comment

radley to put burgess and cook on their arses?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Play SOS or don't pick him at all.

Go with Collins instead.

Agreed. Playing with one less forward on your bench achieves nothing. All we need is one forward to hobble off and we are playing against one of the best packs in the comp using a 2-man bench (assuming they would not put SOS into #6 and Matto into the forwards).

Also, there is zero chance that we will be up by 20+ against Souffs, enabling SOS to play.

Thought though... is the tactic such that SOS gets practice preparing for an NRL game (invade he is needed during the finals) and the team gets experience playing with a smaller bench than the opposition (in case there are injuries during the finals that force this)? I get that this could actually be decent training for something, but highly doubt that it is.
                        Last edited by ism22; 08-07-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Their backline is a joke. And so is their bench.

Their starting pack is all they have.
                          Don't forget the refs.

They are Souffs equal biggest asset.

Comment

We'd be a bit light if our 6,7 or 9 go down, but Radley and Aubo could do a job and Boyd's been feeding scrums of late. I'd go for Collins in SOS's spot. His last game wasn't the best but before that he'd been killing it. He could be useful in the semis.

Incidentally, when Luke comes back Matto's time in the halves and Jake's good form means we can have four forwards on the bench no problems.

Comment

Its funny you know...I look at those two squads and (on paper) we should be firm favourites.

It emphasises again to me what a good job that Seibold fella has done.

Comment

Working...
                              X