This weeks line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weeks line up

There are a number of returning faces to the squad this week, with Joseph Manu returning from suspension, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves returning after being rested and Mitchell Aubusson returning from a minor hamstring injury.

Ryan Matterson has been named in the extended squad and will be given every chance to prove his fitness ahead of kick off.

Victor Radley has been named in the starting line-up while the Club awaits the outcome of an enquiry regarding his suspension.

Dylan Napa will miss this week's match as he continues to recover from an knee injury and Boyd Cordner will be rested after State Of Origin III on Wednesday night.

ROUND 18 SQUAD
    1. James Tedesco
    2. Daniel Tupou
    3. Latrell Mitchell
    4. Joseph Manu
    5. Blake Ferguson
    6. Luke Keary
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    9. Jake Friend (c)
    10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
    11. Victor Radley
    12. Nat Butcher
    13. Isaac Liu
    INTERCHANGE
    14. Zane Tetevano
    15. Lindsay Collins
    16. Mitchell Aubusson
    17. Kurt Baptiste
    RESERVES
    18. Matthew Ikuvalu
    19. Sitili Tupouniua
    20. Ryan Matterson
    21. Sean O'Sullivan
    22. Paul Momirovski
    23. Poasa Faamausili

Interesting comment about Radley and an "enquiry" about his suspension. I wonder if possible selection in the NSW u20's team may have counted toward it?

so annoyed that Cordner once again plays for NSW and misses out playing for the Roosters, its getting ridiculous when the club doesn't even bother naming him to play the week after SOO.

Comment

Another bench spot for Baptiste - what a waste! Even Aubo can play hooker if need be as well as Radley. Robinson may as well throw in Ikuvalu for Collins or Tetevano while he's at it.
      "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        so annoyed that Cordner once again plays for NSW and misses out playing for the Roosters, its getting ridiculous when the club doesn't even bother naming him to play the week after SOO.
        I agree Fletch,it’s becoming a farce..

No player is bigger than the team and if Cordner is fit enough to play for NSW surely we can name him in the squad subject to fitness..
        I can understand 1 game but why all 3?

Same thing happened with JWH returning from NZ,most players backed up except him.

This is where I think Robbo is too soft,especially when every game now is crucial to nab a top 4 spot!

Comment

Well enough to play for NSW, but needs rest in the NRL...Friggin crappy priorities imo, another Gallen. May his next contract reflect his choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
            Well enough to play for NSW, but needs rest in the NRL...Friggin crappy priorities imo, another Gallen. May his next contract reflect his choices.
            too late for that he just signed a long term contract extension.

there is enough disruption with injuries/suspension that this is now a real danger game against the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              I suspect it will be a major miracle if Cords ever backs up from an Origin game again. The club will take the conservative view and rest him for those games in the hope he can then last the season if we are in contention for the title.

In reality, given his dodgy knees and continued calf problems, it is a big ask to have him play 2 games in a week. And we all know he will not give up rep footy, so we have to accept the situation for what it is, which the Chooks club obviously have, as they signed him to a long term deal knowing all the facts.
              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Re: Cordner, what he gains in Origin far outweighs half a dozen missed games.
                It snapped him into form this year.
                Then captained NSW to victory.
                Then captained the Roosters to ....... we shall see later this year
                Last edited by The Skeez; 07-10-2018, 05:50 PM. Reason: Spellcheck override
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  Re: Cordner, what he gains in Origin far outweighs half a dozen missed games.
                  It snapped him into form this year.
                  Then captained NSW to victory.
                  Then captained the Roosters to ....... we shall see later this year
                  He's in form ? What gains from Origin other than a heftier pay packet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

He's in form ? What gains from Origin other than a heftier pay packet ?
                    Aura. Especially with the younger players.
                    BIG game experience. Knowing you’re the best of the best.

And now that NSW have won, hunger to chase that winning feeling again. Hold some silverware aloft

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                      Aura. Especially with the younger players.
                      BIG game experience. Knowing you’re the best of the best.

And now that NSW have won, hunger to chase that winning feeling again. Hold some silverware aloft
                      Players wanting to play with the NSW captain too....

Comment

This is a massive danger game. I'm shiiting myself.

Comment

Anyway, I like the look of the team. And good to see the male model back in the extended squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Players wanting to play with the NSW captain too....
                            Possibly future Australian captain. Get on boys and girls

Comment

What's the story with Victor? I thought the club accepted the suspension.

As far as Boyd goes, you've got to play the hand your dealt. I suppose the thinking is that he'll be better for us, for the games that matter, if he takes a week off. Just the way it is and is going to be for the rest of his career.

Comment

Working...
                              X