Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
    I am not a believer in conspiracy theories in general, and certainly don't think there is an agenda as to who wins the premiership. However there are biases that everyone holds that never go away. We are probably the most unpopular team in the comp with non Roosters fans. We are called Rorters, Latte drinkers, Show ponies etc. They say we try to BUY a premiership, they don't like our lack of local juniors , they think we are arrogant... and on and on.

It is natural to think that most of the Refs have had these opinions too, and even if they try to be impartial, old biases surface from time to time.

I also think vocal home crowds influence the refs, and when we play away, especially in places like Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne and Newcastle they get HUGE, VOCAL home crowds baying for penalties.....it has to have an effect. On the other hand, when we play at home to smaller crowds, our opposition are often well supported and it negates a lot of the home crowd advantage we should have.

Just an opinion, but maybe more valid that talk of an organised conspiracy against us.
    vocal home crowds don’t help the Raiders and funnily enough, a lot of people going to Suncorp don’t even know the rules and can be very quiet when they should be firing up and getting vocal. I’ve been there with die hard Broncos supporters and their theory is that a lot of attendees aren’t actually footy fans but there to start a night out.

Your post makes a lot of sense but the best way to combat it is to take the crowds out of it early. Start to dominate early and get early points to eliminate the crowd influence.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
      I am not a believer in conspiracy theories in general, and certainly don't think there is an agenda as to who wins the premiership. However there are biases that everyone holds that never go away. We are probably the most unpopular team in the comp with non Roosters fans. We are called Rorters, Latte drinkers, Show ponies etc. They say we try to BUY a premiership, they don't like our lack of local juniors , they think we are arrogant... and on and on.

It is natural to think that most of the Refs have had these opinions too, and even if they try to be impartial, old biases surface from time to time.

I also think vocal home crowds influence the refs, and when we play away, especially in places like Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne and Newcastle they get HUGE, VOCAL home crowds baying for penalties.....it has to have an effect. On the other hand, when we play at home to smaller crowds, our opposition are often well supported and it negates a lot of the home crowd advantage we should have.

Just an opinion, but maybe more valid that talk of an organised conspiracy against us.
      Great post Kiddo.

I do wish , however, that I could believe match officials have NEVER touched up a result. I can't.

Im sure its very rare...but less rare is them making it very difficult for one team to win on occasions. See it too often.

Comment

Bronco's record in the same period in which they have won 14 in a row under Gerard Sutton under other top refs.

Ashley Klein: 2 wins, 4 losses
        Matt Cecchin: 4 wins, 4 losses
        Ben Cummins 5 wins, 2 losses
        Gavin Badger: 3 wins, 2 losses
        Chris Sutton: 9 wins, 1 loss

Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I do wish , however, that I could believe match officials have NEVER touched up a result. I can't.

Im sure its very rare...but less rare is them making it very difficult for one team to win on occasions. See it too often.
          I wonder what the Coat knows?? It would’ve been around some interesting chats.

Such as Darcy Lawler and the pre-coat, pre Roosters days.

http://makingthenut.com/punting-prof...3-grand-final/

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            Bronco's record in the same period in which they have won 14 in a row under Gerard Sutton under other top refs.

Nothing to see here.
            I can see a common denominator

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              I can see a common denominator
              At least we can rest assured knowing that the referee's boss, Bernard Sutton will allocate Bronco's games evenly to all refs. No chance of there being any nepotism.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

I wonder what the Coat knows?? It would’ve been around some interesting chats.

Such as Darcy Lawler and the pre-coat, pre Roosters days.

http://makingthenut.com/punting-prof...3-grand-final/
                I think the Coat may have been hopping around the Australian bush when some of the "best" stuff went down.

The great man himself would have seen and heard plenty.

I think the Coat was lost, much to Big Jacks disappointment. His wife didn't really like it.

Comment

Jack and Arthurson had a lot of the SPs back in the day. Refs have a huge influence on the results of games. You would have to be mad to bet on boxing or nrl.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Nothing to see here.
                    Pure statistical coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Pure statistical coincidence.
                      Well we shouldn't be concerned because possibly they will lose the next 14 straight under Gerard Sutton.

Comment

Ashley Klein is such a shit referee how does he still get a top gig

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the Rothfield article on this as I can’t access the Telecrap subscription articles?

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
                            Ashley Klein is such a shit referee how does he still get a top gig
                            One of Archers Yes men...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

One of Archers Yes men...
                              I'm not sure I can publicly voice my opinion on A****r but suffice to say I am still angry about 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

That doesn't explain anything. So no, not simple.
                                Seems pretty simple to me.

Bias,
                                Noun
                                inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group.

Tip sheets are a way of pre judging a player. How many times do you hear JWH's name called during a game. He was even penalised for being inside the 10 a couple of games ago and Fox showed a replay to show he was onside. Tip sheets have been around how long, a decade?

Comment

Working...
                                X