No announcement yet.

Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol this guy has millions in assets and investments but wants the perception of Easts fans to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Just think it's worth noting. I love the chooks as much as anyone but get turned off the pen by the extreme bias/victim narrative.
      I don't get turned off by it - let's not kid ourselves, we're a partisan website. (What gets my goat is posters being disrespectful to Rooster players who try their best.)
      But sure, partisan support of the Roosters is best when backed up by intelligent argument. While I very much doubt that the NRL is sending secret memos to refs to give us a hard time, the stats would suggest that, at times, the refs have a bit of unconscious bias going on. The reason we have a good record under Cecchin is because he's probably the fairest ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Souths we're given a rails run in 2014. I agree. But show all 16 teams stats that year. You can't cherry pick one or two stats and causally link it to the nrl wanting us to lose for the tenuous reason that we are a successful club.. It's idiotic. And if you truly believed the game was rigged and yet you still followed it religiously, then you're a fool.
        Thats what gets me.

The Chooks have been one of the most successful clubs since the NRL formed.
        The Roosters do alright they actually do better than alright over all the other clubs & have one of the most influential men in the game running the club. If Nick thought he was being stooged by the NRL Im sure he would get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post
          Lol this guy has millions in assets and investments but wants the perception of Easts fans to change.
          Yep. One of his best.
          ​​​​​

Comment

When Klein or Sutton are refs at the Broncos, expect some new rule to be invented...In favour of the Broncos, of course...

Comment

Penalty Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Are we poorly disciplined? Or do we just concede more penalties than other teams? It seems strange that over multiple rosters and different coaches we would have worse discipline than other teams. Also I see you didn't touch on the penalties we don't receive. as Tommy said, we went 35 games in a row where we received less than 7 penalties. Receiving penalties is not related to our discipline, it is the oppositions discipline. Effectively they become more disciplined when they play us. Funnily the game after Rothfield's article, we received more than 7 penalties. As to the next 50 games, what's the point of discussing what ifs? Only relevant to discuss what has actually happened over more than the last decade.
                It's the penalties we don't receive that's the issue.

Last year there were 6 games where we received 3 penalties or less. Against the Knights early on we received only one penalty in the match! In 3 other games we only received 2 penalties.

We were last in penalties received. A furlong behind the second last team, the Wests Tigers.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  It's the penalties we don't receive that's the issue.

Last year there were 6 games where we received 3 penalties or less. Against the Knights early on we received only one penalty in the match! In 3 other games we only received 2 penalties.

We were last in penalties received. A furlong behind the second last team, the Wests Tigers.
                  We were 3rd last, Tigers and warriors behind us.

We also won 10 penalty counts last year, there were a few teams with less and pretty much everyone else was around the 10,11,12 mark.

Comment

We have become the new manly of the 70s and 80s in terms of hatred from other supporters

Comment

Thank sweet Jesus... I thought this thread was going to have something to do with John Sutton.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                        Thank sweet Jesus... I thought this thread was going to have something to do with John Sutton.
                        Is it too late for that?

Comment

I am not a believer in conspiracy theories in general, and certainly don't think there is an agenda as to who wins the premiership. However there are biases that everyone holds that never go away. We are probably the most unpopular team in the comp with non Roosters fans. We are called Rorters, Latte drinkers, Show ponies etc. They say we try to BUY a premiership, they don't like our lack of local juniors , they think we are arrogant... and on and on.

It is natural to think that most of the Refs have had these opinions too, and even if they try to be impartial, old biases surface from time to time.

I also think vocal home crowds influence the refs, and when we play away, especially in places like Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne and Newcastle they get HUGE, VOCAL home crowds baying for penalties.....it has to have an effect. On the other hand, when we play at home to smaller crowds, our opposition are often well supported and it negates a lot of the home crowd advantage we should have.

Just an opinion, but maybe more valid that talk of an organised conspiracy against us.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

We were 3rd last, Tigers and warriors behind us.

We also won 10 penalty counts last year, there were a few teams with less and pretty much everyone else was around the 10,11,12 mark.
                            Shhh, the papers might find out.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              I am not a believer in conspiracy theories in general, and certainly don't think there is an agenda as to who wins the premiership. However there are biases that everyone holds that never go away. We are probably the most unpopular team in the comp with non Roosters fans. We are called Rorters, Latte drinkers, Show ponies etc. They say we try to BUY a premiership, they don't like our lack of local juniors , they think we are arrogant... and on and on.

It is natural to think that most of the Refs have had these opinions too, and even if they try to be impartial, old biases surface from time to time.

I also think vocal home crowds influence the refs, and when we play away, especially in places like Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne and Newcastle they get HUGE, VOCAL home crowds baying for penalties.....it has to have an effect. On the other hand, when we play at home to smaller crowds, our opposition are often well supported and it negates a lot of the home crowd advantage we should have.

Just an opinion, but maybe more valid that talk of an organised conspiracy against us.
                              Sorry, but sensible posts like this don't belong on this forum. You're banned.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Is it too late for that?
                                Oh pls no! I would rather cover myself in honey and sit on an ants nest.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X