No announcement yet.

What the hell has happened to wyong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So will Easts have a reserve grade team next year?

Surely there is something in the pipeline.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      - sadly the race track is gone at Oran Park -remember going there a lot for car/motor bike/ motor bike sidecar races - even seen the Italian world champion 500 cc Motor Cycle champion race there too- Giacomo Agostini-
      Oran park..................

I remember the african lion safari as well, was it seperate from Bullins animal world?

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Nice mate. Is that Massey Cup??? I have NFI about the structures now.

Yeah mate it is. Sean Garlick's son is the captain.

Sponsored by Garlos Pies LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

If the backs are turnstyles and arm grabbers, your halves clueless and your starting hooker has tunnel vision, your forwards have little chance to dominate, Wyong is the complete opposite to our first grade predicament
          You are taking the piss if you want to blame a dud forward pack on the halves and outside backs. When Vunaceke is a star it's a wrap on how legitimate these blokes are for first grade standard.

Comment

Why not just have a club called the Sydney Roosters 2nds that wears an identical jersey and plays at ES Marks?

Also, why name the best field in Sydney after Ernest Marks? He is just some flog politician with NFI about sport. Rename it to HD Messenger Field (ha-ha- like my pun?) or name it after a champ athlete like Reg Austin. Fark I would love to see a game af HD Messenger oval.

Comment

Originally posted by 200 IQ View Post

You are taking the piss if you want to blame a dud forward pack on the halves and outside backs. When Vunaceke is a star it's a wrap on how legitimate these blokes are for first grade standard.
              You really need to watch that team play, the backs drop the ball more than they catch it it, they cannot tackle, Manu reads plays better, the kicking game is pathetic, the hooker passes to 3 players and no one else, ThT Centrone could not catch crabs in Thailand, without exaggerating I would say 90% of tries against them are through the backs.Half the pack are carrying this team, the other half are blushers. The coach just does not give a crap, he cost them the GF last year by sitting 3 Rooster contracted players on the bench and picking Local product.

The whole place and set up is a basket case and was doomed to fail
              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                It really doesn't surprise me. They have the names to be playing a whole lot better than that. But most of these guys mentioned are training with the Roosters and then off to Wyong for a weekend game. So it's not as if Wyong Roos are training as a team together.

Unfortunately this experiment was never going to work as Wyong juniors are overlooked for the Rooster guys. So it benefits neither club. The Newtown connection didn't help our juniors but was more consistent as the players were training and playing in much closer proximity.

They did make the grand final last year but they seem to be playing without team spirit or cohesion. That is probably related to the lack of future prospects with Wyong pulling the plug. Last days of a marriage are never the best.
                The way it works is that he Roosters players get priority over the Wyong players. Thats the way those relationships work.
                Same as souffs/Norths Cronulla/Newtown. It benefited the Roosters as it game their fringe players a game in the NSW Cup and it gave the Wyong players a higher proffile.

Its no "experiment" and the relationship (aside from the pain in the arse drive) was as successful if not more successful than the relationship with Newtown.

The reality is that it makes sense financially to align with a club in the NSW cup as opposed to running your own. The best option is to have a pathway from NRL-NSW Cup-Ron Massey Cup-Sydney Shield.
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  Its no "experiment" and the relationship (aside from the pain in the arse drive) was as successful if not more successful than the relationship with Newtown.
                  Sorry KB, but I call bullshit on that
                  Of course it's a bloody experiment if it ain't a true reserve grade.
                  I see Rip Taylor and Mitch bloody Williams as speed bumps or at the very least, a poor compromise.
                  Screw Wyong

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Sorry KB, but I call bullshit on that
                    Of course it's a bloody experiment if it ain't a true reserve grade.
                    I see Rip Taylor and Mitch bloody Williams as speed bumps or at the very least, a poor compromise.
                    Screw Wyong
                    Yes its a compromise to some extent, but it isn't an experiment and aside from this season its been a successful "compromise"
                    Remember this is not there to source players, its there to give our non top 17 a run every weekend.
                    I would prefer a Roosters reserve grade too but I can't see it happening
                    sigpic

Comment

I would prefer a Roosters reserve grade too but I can't see it happening
                      I'm afraid you are right there.
                      It would be a lot better if the coach of the "compromise" team was employed by the Roosters .

Comment

It would be a lot better if the coach of the "compromise" team was employed by the Roosters .
                        They are bound by the agreement in terms of selections. did you know that Rip Taylor attends roosters trainging sessions at Moore Park?
                        sigpic

Comment

Oran park..................

I remember the african lion safari as well, was it seperate from Bullins animal world?
                          Yeh Oran park sadly is no more and is now a housing estate - African Lion Safari was a Bullen's venture as well - when Bullen's (based in Wallacia) closed it wasn't long before the African Lion Safari (Based in Warragamba) closed as well - New and established Residents were no happy that Lions roared at night and might escape - some did and a Bear too as they had more than just Lions in residence. Even the Greyhound track at Appin has been sold and earmarked for residential properties.

I wonder what happened to all the Animals they had at these two locations (Bullen's - Wallacia and African Lion Safari at Warragamba ) though ?
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 05-04-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yeh Oran park sadly is no more and is now a housing estate - African Lion Safari was a Bullen's venture as well - when Bullen's (based in Wallacia) closed it wasn't long before the African Lion Safari (Based in Warragamba) closed as well - New and established Residents were no happy that Lions roared at night and might escape - some did and a Bear too as they had more than just Lions in residence. Even the Greyhound track at Appin has been sold and earmarked for residential properties.

I wonder what happened to all the Animals they had at these two locations (Bullen's - Wallacia and African Lion Safari at Warragamba ) though ?
                            There is a wildlife sanctuary over that way that took a lot of those animals in, in fact they look after heaps of ex circus animals, exotic animals etc, I don’t know if it’s open to the public
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Just on Glebe, Willis Meehan is playing for them at the moment.

He is carving and a big factor in their unbeaten start to the season.

Comment

did you know that Rip Taylor attends roosters trainging sessions at Moore Park?
                                No I didn't.
                                One of my gripes with the Wyong compromise was having a non-contracted player at hooker. How were we gonna give any back up hooker enough game time, or god forbid, drop Friend?

Comment

Working...
                                X