Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you honestly believe that the Chooks can make the 8 and why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you honestly believe that the Chooks can make the 8 and why ?

Despite the so called easy draw the Chooks are 4 and 4 after 8 rounds - 30 points at least are required to make the 8 (for and against may come into that equation also) - Chooks next 4 games are against - Manly (H) - Warriors (A) - Bronco's (A) - Titans (H)- half way mark of the season - To truly make a statement the Chooks need to win all 4 although it is hard to see that happening one has to say.
    Based on 30 points for a top 8 finish at least- the Chooks currently will need to win 9 out of their remaining 16 games - just over 50% of the games to reach 30 points (factoring in the 4 points from the 2 byes).

Every loss will increase the percentage of games they need to win to make the 8. Why winning most games early helps towards the back end of the year - For Instance for the Dragons to make the 8 at least (30 points- depending on for and against) they only need to win 6 out of their remaining 16 games - Penrith and Warriors 7 out of 16 to make the 8 at least.
    Depending on these next 4 games for the Chooks ( half way point of the season in games to be played- 12 out of 24)- the wins the Chooks will need to make the 8 at least are as follows

Win 0 out of the next 4 games -Chooks will need to win 9 out of 12 games- subject to for and against to make the 8- 30 points.
    Win 1 out of the next 4 games -Chooks will need to win 8 out of 12 games - subject to for and against to make the 8- 30 points.
    Win 2 out of the next 4 games - Chooks will need to win 7 out of 12 games -subject to for and against to make the 8- 30 points.
    Win 3 out of the next 4 games- Chooks will need to win 6 out of 12 games -subject to for and against to make the 8- 30 points.
    Win 4 out of the next 4 games- Chooks will need to win 5 out of 12 games - subject to for and against to make the 8- 30 points.

Can the Chooks win enough games to make the 8 at least??
    Last edited by King Salvo; 04-29-2018, 04:08 AM.

I believe we will certainly make the 8. We will probably finish 5th or 6th. All the teams are struggling with inconsistent performances . We will win at least 2 of the next 4, our combinations will get better. Our defence is improved and our attack will come. Cordner's fitness will hopefully improve with every week, and the coach will recognise that Radley needs more game time and Jake needs more rest and an attitude adjustment.

Comment

We wil make the 8. We couldnt play any worse than we have and we are 4 and 4.
      We'd need to improve drastically though to make an impact in the finals and i have zero faith in the coach to take us to the next level. With a few new forwards, a year behind Cronk & Teddy and hopefully a new coach if the Messiah gets the punt, 2019 will be a lot better

Comment

Yes I believe we can make the 8 because all teams have shown insonsistency in their form. Not the top 4, and dedfinitely not confident of wiining the comp yet. The ore season hype was an overdone, and realistically we needed time to gel the new combo after releasing 9 players from our squad. The signing of Cronk was not going to be a magic spell that will make deficiencies disappear, but in due time things will get better, and we will be performing better. Come finals time, anything can happen as evidenced by the Cowboys last year, and Melbourne Victory in the A league last night.

Comment

On current form we finish 6-8.

Comment

Robbo has the experience to get the team there, the big question mark is the commitment of certain players - I’m not sure how many times we need to call our guys soft before they fire up. Keary and Latrell need to get their hands on the call more often. Jake needs a few weeks off, give Baptiste a run just for academic purposes, see what he produces.

JWH needs to start and maybe blood Collins. The players really need to feel the consequences of not having an adequate dig (I.e being dropped until their attitude improves).

Oh and push a few offlloads please, we’re going to drop the ball anyway may as well be interesting.

if Cronk has the time and space, he can direct us to victory on a lot of tight games. I think that’s the most we’ll get out of him this season.

Comment

Only because a lot of other teams are playing shite at the moment. Really we won't do fu6k all in the finals based on what we are producing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                Only because a lot of other teams are playing shite at the moment. Really we won't do fu6k all in the finals based on what we are producing.

We will definitely make the 8........................the bottom 8
                Roosters For Ever

Comment

I think we can but only because the top 8 rewards mediocrity and so
                  7 or 8 is where I think we land maybe 6th and then probably dumped in week 1

Comment

top 8 because we are ROOSTERS.

a new spine takes time. a new attack is all we need.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Will depend the other teams.

Comment

No. TR and his love affair with Friend.

Comment

I know I put up the whole flag but you are out of control. We will make the top four.

Comment

Honestly, yes
                            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

From what i seen our forward held there own against the dragons .We are playin clunky footy and are sitting 1 win off equal 4th spot. So yes we can make the 8 and a top 4 finish is definitely not out of the question. If there is a marked improvement we might even get the minor premiership

Comment

Working...
                              X