Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you honestly believe that the Chooks can make the 8 and why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 - 4 and 4 - finished 1st
    2015 - 3 and 5 - finished 1st
    2016 - 2 and 6 - finished 15th after JWH, Cordner and Pearce missed than half a season.
    2017 - 6 and 2 - finished 2nd.

Too early and too many trolls around talking BS and starting the same BS threads who love listening to the sound of their own voice.
    Robbo has never been one to give away all his secrets in the first half of the season while other teams and their supporters cream themselves in April.
    Last edited by BUDDY; 04-29-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Salvo is the new Troll King of the Chookpen.

Of course we'll make the top 8. Look at the dreadful state of the competition this year.

Take out the Dragons and Storm and it's a ****ing dogs breakfast.

An injury to one of the Dragons halves and given that no one goes b2b we're probably still equal faves to win the comp.

Comment

Yes because:
        - We are already in the 8 despite a series of poor performances.
        - We have a roster capable of finishing tpp 4 if they get things together.
        - We are yet to play most of the teams below us, but have blown away the ones who are or kept them to zero. Losing to the Tigers, Dragons and Warriors means we have only lost to top-4 ranked teams. The Bunnies have been playing alright in recent weeks too, so I dont think we have lost to any flogs yet. The Sharks and Bulldogs are particularly physical teams who we often struggle against, so I think we can feel proud about beating them.
        - Teams are currently training to beat us, so have tactics like asking Sims to smash Cronk (rather than focussing on building a sophisticated game plan). When we gel, tactics like this will misfire because they are short sighted, and only work when you are ahead (mostly as a result of lower error rates - something we can squash over time).

Comment

Too many poor teams for chooks not to make it, second half of the season with no injuries should see us get better and finish top 6.

Comment

Simple answer ... Yes

Apart from the storm and merge, everyone else has been hot and cold. Warriors got found out. The riff are running out of players. Very even comp. Injuries is the key for us. Stay healthy and possibly top 4. Cream always rises to the top.

Comment

We are playing the most terrible, atrocious, worst footy of any team in the comp. We are the most error prone. We are in complete disarray on field. In the worst form possible yet we stand on 8th on percentages.

Imagine if we hit form. Imagine if we gel. Imagine if we play much better. We can make the top 4 easily with just a little improvement. To be playing so bad and still be on 8th means just a tiny improvement will make us a huge threat again.

Its got to happen sooner or later that we find our form and mojo and when it does look out everyone. GO ROOSTERS!

on top of atrocious form we’ve had the refs and video ref against us yet still 8th? The proof of a great team is to ride the tough times.
              Last edited by roosterchook; 04-29-2018, 03:49 PM.
              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                Too many poor teams for chooks not to make it, second half of the season with no injuries should see us get better and finish top 6.
                Bingo. I think one of our challenges is that we have come up against teams (only 4 BTW!!!) that have low error rates, so dont give us any possession. Thus, we have largely been a defensive team.

IMO our chance will come. We will play Manly, Broncos, Titans, Knights, Cowboys, Raiders...etc and probably flog most of them (including a few moments where the media are jizzing themselves about the performance of Tedesco, Keary, Cronk, Cordner...etc). Amongst all that, we will beat the Warriors, Merge or Tigers (at least one of them) and find a bit of confidence.

Right now what we lack is confidence! We drop the ball and run sideways because we dont back ourselves to score!!! All we need is a few decent wins up our sleeve and we will gain momentum.

2013... werent we about the same? If I remember rightly we won ~50% of our games and then hit a point where we stopped losing as muchand started shutting teams out of the scoreboard. If I also remember rightly, the minor premiership involved Souffs slipping up quite seriously towards the end of the season.

Are we forgetting that Merge ALWAYS starts the season looking great and then collapses? With all their possession they only beat us by 2 tries. They will be faaaarked when our attack starts firing because we will set the target for them to catch and then defend like we have all season, making it very difficult for their desperate attack to catch us. Not quite there yet, but clearly something is wrong with our attack that WILL improve as the season goes on and we gain a bit of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  We are playing the most terrible, atrocious, worst footy of any team in the comp. We are the most error prone. We are in complete disarray on field. In the worst form possible yet we stand on 8th on percentages.
                  Comments like this are garbage. We are playing nowhere near as bad as Parramatta, Canterbury, North Queensland, Manly and even to a lesser extent Canberra and Gold Coast. I don't think that we are a top tier team but jeez we aren't on the level of those teams either.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rooster View Post

Oh and push a few offlloads please, we’re going to drop the ball anyway may as well be interesting.
                    Actually really point! Balls going to be dropped anyway.

I don’t understand how ball security can be so bad for so many seasons. I go back to Robbo’s alarming comment last year “ as long as we compete in the big moments then the errors don’t matter”. It’s somewhere between optimism and stupidity. Well we aren’t competing in the big moments and I’d say ball security has a lot to do with it.
                    I also don’t understand if it’s a technique issue or mental lapses- either way considering there’s a coach for everything these days in the support team then why is it not being addressed??? Considering it’s been happening for a few seasons you’d have to say it’s become chronic

Comment

At about the same time of the season (or maybe a bit later, I forget) in 2005 I thought we wouldn't make the eight., but we'll make the eight this year.

It's a funny comp even the bottom two teams atm can make the eight.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        Can the Chooks win enough games to make the 8 at least?? [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                        Of course we can, and we will. The back third of the comp is when we will see our best football. We’ll finish 3rd - 6th in all probability.

Why? Because you don’t think we will, and your always wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          Based on 30 points for a top 8 finish at least- the Chooks currently will need to win 9 out of their remaining 16 games - just over 50% of the games to reach 30 points (factoring in the 4 points from the 2 byes).
                          There is only 1 bye this season, round 17, first week of July.
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

The Tigers have been one of the form teams so far this year and are on 10 points. The Roosters are playing poorly and are on 8 points.

The Tigers have already peaked and the Roosters have yet to click into gear.

The Dragons are leading the competition so far, but their good form at the moment will cost them when Origin comes around.

The Roosters will make the eight and then some.
                            Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                              We wil make the 8. We couldnt play any worse than we have and we are 4 and 4.
                              We'd need to improve drastically though to make an impact in the finals and i have zero faith in the coach to take us to the next level. With a few new forwards, a year behind Cronk & Teddy and hopefully a new coach if the Messiah gets the punt, 2019 will be a lot better
                              Who would you like to see coaching us next year? Hasler? Toovey? Can't wait.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

There is only 1 bye this season, round 17, first week of July.
                                First bye round is round 13

Comment

Working...
                                X