No announcement yet.

Robbo's Captains run interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt long ago there was talk of Friend being moved on but instead he was resigned until the end of 2020. Victor Radley is a gun, already a massive hit with the supporters and does everything at twice the speed and intencity as Friend. Robbos comments were more meant to take the pressure off Friend but if he doesn't start running into form the push for Radley amongst the supporters will be deafening.

Comment

Good interview from Robbo. He showed resolve. Despite being under pressure from sections of the Chookpen, he made himself available to the media for as long as they wanted to question him ...

Btw, what is the Chookpen for?
      We're all Roosters tragics, that's a given, and a day doesn't go by when we don't think about rugby league, but is the Chookpen a place where we go to to find out what's going on and offer constructive comment, or a bit of a 'wailing wall', the forum equivalent of horn tooting where we can comfort ourselves by making some noise - or a bit of both?

Put it another way - do you think the players and coaching staff would understand the game better if they were forced to listen to some of the muck that is thrown at them on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        Lol Robbo said "Victor knows his role in the team and it's to support Jake and bring energy to the team"

He never said anything about Radley knowing his place, and he's right Radley's role is to be that utility who brings energy, I think calls for him to start are hugely misguided and well off the mark. Radley is doing a good job off the bench for us but lets not oversell that.

The Jake Friend witch hunt is becoming quickly nauseating because people are twisting the story to suit their agenda.
        Lol.... bit pedantic aren't we ? PLACE in the team, or ROLE in the team ? Anyway... Trent said Victor knows his ROLE......and that's to SUPPORT Jake.....actually he said it THREE TIMES. Petty clear indication that Victor should not even think about starting and just SUPPORT JAKE. I'm fine with the coach supporting a player who has made big contributions in many games and throws in a bad one. But Trent actually said Jake has been our BEST in a couple of games this year, He went on a bit about Jake being our CAPTAIN, our STRONG LEADER. He said that a few times as well. Also said no one in the team would say a word against Jake because he had covered their asses in the past. All good, I respect that, every one can have a bad game, let's hope Jake gets the message that even his biggest fan Trent says. Stop trying to do things you can't do and concentrate on the things you do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          Robinsons loyalty to Jake....whether genuine or coerced...is killing us.
          Reminds me of Ricky and Finch.

Though Jake can be salvaged if he improves his service, has the occasional run and never kicks.

Comment

Well, Jake needs to repay the faith shown in him by Trent. He needs to deliver crisp service for our halfback and forwards tonight.
            The worry is what does Trent do if he has another ordinary game.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Lol.... bit pedantic aren't we ? PLACE in the team, or ROLE in the team ? Anyway... Trent said Victor knows his ROLE......and that's to SUPPORT Jake.....actually he said it THREE TIMES. Petty clear indication that Victor should not even think about starting and just SUPPORT JAKE. I'm fine with the coach supporting a player who has made big contributions in many games and throws in a bad one. But Trent actually said Jake has been our BEST in a couple of games this year, He went on a bit about Jake being our CAPTAIN, our STRONG LEADER. He said that a few times as well. Also said no one in the team would say a word against Jake because he had covered their asses in the past. All good, I respect that, every one can have a bad game, let's hope Jake gets the message that even his biggest fan Trent says. Stop trying to do things you can't do and concentrate on the things you do well.
              The phrase “knows his place” implies he is subservient or less important. “Knows his role” implies he has a clear understanding of what he needs to do for the team to be successful.

one if the key strengths of Bellamy and the Storm is that every player knows their role and focuses on their role to make the team successful. We could do with a bit more of that at our club in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                Hopefully victor dosnt get the shits with being put in his place and dosnt go looking for another gig.
                Now that's the "Roosters Style ".... : P

Comment

Jake can have half a dozen really bad games and still not get dropped , so we are stuck watching this crap

We have no dummy half speed or threat until Radley comes on , and he's not a real threat but he's better than what we have running on.
                  We are not going very far in this comp without all the working parts of a modern team.
                  We are lacking forwards with offloads and a dummy half threat. This means our backs and halves will only get us out of trouble half the time.
                  It will be a win one lose one season and we might scrape into the top eight if we are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                    We're all Roosters tragics, that's a given, and a day doesn't go by when we don't think about rugby league, but is the Chookpen a place where we go to to find out what's going on and offer constructive comment, or a bit of a 'wailing wall', the forum equivalent of horn tooting where we can comfort ourselves by making some noise - or a bit of both?

Put it another way - do you think the players and coaching staff would understand the game better if they were forced to listen to some of the muck that is thrown at them on this site?
                    1. Agreed. IMO a forum is for public discourse and as always, participants are of varying levels of expertise on the topic. If people dont get worked up and talk shyte occasionally, they are not true fans. Rugby league is all about anticipating a game, smashing a few cans of booze, watching the game and then either boasting about a win or blaming the refs (or a player you dont like) for the loss. This helps us to avoid the inconvenient truth that Souffs actually played some decent footy and dominated our forwards into submission on the night due to no fault of the refs, Jake Friend, Phil Gould, Buzz Slothfield, the upper tiers of NRL management or Rupert Murdoch. Admitting that would be no fun! The journey/drama is all and itd be boring without conspiracy theories/shyte talking.
                    2. I dont think players or staff would bother because THEY are the insiders. As most would know about their job, the media always has NFI. My employer has been on the radio for months now regarding various matters and I know the exact status of the stuff they are speculating about. It is all bullshyte. When I hear a journo talking about the laws I work with every day (on a professional basis) it really is t worth listening because they have NFI jow they operate (I am talking high quality journos here BTW - they are not lawyers and just sorta cobble together an understanding by using Google because they are not trained in statutory interpretation...etc). Same with the footy! What can Bull Slothfield (aka ‘ the lurker ‘) or some flog from a forum (e.g. the famous Jizz Meister) teach Robbo and Friend about what is going on in their training sessions and private time? Short answer, NOTHING.

Comment

Good interview from Robbo. He showed resolve. Despite being under pressure from sections of the Chookpen, he made himself available to the media for as long as they wanted to question him ...

Well said Zac,we follow the same team with differing views which we are all entitled to express..Hence why this forum is available to all of us..

Comment

It is starting to seem pretty clear that Friend will not get dropped whilst Robbo is our coach. If he hasn't been dropped yet for his performances over a long period of time then he never will be.

I have been one of Robbo's biggest supporters but I am quickly losing confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post
                          It is starting to seem pretty clear that Friend will not get dropped whilst Robbo is our coach. If he hasn't been dropped yet for his performances over a long period of time then he never will be.
                          It seems that way. Though from recent games, Trent is 'managing' Friends workload and bringing Radley into first grade.

Friend will I'll have his work cut out tonight having Woods, Klemmer, Jackson working him over. Pay would definitely target him.

I'm expecting a big game from Friend to make up for last weeks shite

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

It's not just the chookpen. It's other fans and the media as well.

Comment

The main thing that I have taken from Cronk on Big League Wrap & Robbos interview is that Jake is the man that everyone respects the most at the Roosters & that it is Jake who sets the culture of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                                It seems that way. Though from recent games, Trent is 'managing' Friends workload and bringing Radley into first grade.

Friend will I'll have his work cut out tonight having Woods, Klemmer, Jackson working him over. Pay would definitely target him.

I'm expecting a big game from Friend to make up for last weeks shite
                                Big slow forwards are friends bread and butter. He'll eat it up. It's the constant inside balls, switches and dummy half scoots while he's at marker where he gets found out.

Comment

Working...
                                X