We will win the comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I wasnt trying to ruin it for people I just get tired/frustrated/shitty with people who think Robbo should be sacked because the Chooks dont win every game. The comp is a marathon not a sprint & Robbo is alot smarter about footy then anyone on here. A pot shot towards the coach from a flee behind a computer is a weak act in my book. No-one puts in more effort than Trent Robinson who loves the Roosters as much as us supporters.
    I totally agree Mickie. Too many on here with way too high expectations so early in the season. I too am a passionate Roosters supporter and have been so for 40 years now! Just because I backed Robbo and could see the big picture from the start does not make me less passionate than those who demanded instant and perfect success. Some were calling for Robbo's head after 6 rounds. He was useless, the team was the dumbest in the comp, we obviously did nothing at training, we were predictable, we may as well throw in the towel already etc etc. The comp is over 25 rounds plus the finals not 6, and yet people were demanding mass sackings after 6 rounds. What is the point of coming roaring out of the gate when you know you have a stupid SOO series to get through and 25 rounds of football? How can new players like Cronk and Tedesco just slot into the team without any teething problems after Pearce has pretty much run the team for the past 9 years.

At the time when the nay sayers were in full swing, I did put my two cents worth in, but people like me were in the minority. Now that things have turned around and are looking up, why shouldn't those who backed Robbo be allowed to say so? I'm sure if things didn't turn around the negative nellies would still be on here demanding his resignation and ripping into the players, and rightfully claiming their right to do so as passionate fans. So why can't the fans who took the patient approach?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I totally agree Mickie. Too many on here with way too high expectations so early in the season. I too am a passionate Roosters supporter and have been so for 40 years now! Just because I backed Robbo and could see the big picture from the start does not make me less passionate than those who demanded instant and perfect success. Some were calling for Robbo's head after 6 rounds. He was useless, the team was the dumbest in the comp, we obviously did nothing at training, we were predictable, we may as well throw in the towel already etc etc. The comp is over 25 rounds plus the finals not 6, and yet people were demanding mass sackings after 6 rounds. What is the point of coming roaring out of the gate when you know you have a stupid SOO series to get through and 25 rounds of football? How can new players like Cronk and Tedesco just slot into the team without any teething problems after Pearce has pretty much run the team for the past 9 years.

At the time when the nay sayers were in full swing, I did put my two cents worth in, but people like me were in the minority. Now that things have turned around and are looking up, why shouldn't those who backed Robbo be allowed to say so? I'm sure if things didn't turn around the negative nellies would still be on here demanding his resignation and ripping into the players, and rightfully claiming their right to do so as passionate fans. So why can't the fans who took the patient approach?
      That's quite different to bumping posts from months ago to have a go at a poster who expressed an opinion that they felt at the time.

Let me try and understand. What do you think it proves and/or achieves?

Comment

Trent Robinson is the best coach we've had in my time watching the Roosters. I include Gibson in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

That's quite different to bumping posts from months ago to have a go at a poster who expressed an opinion that they felt at the time.

Let me try and understand. What do you think it proves and/or achieves?
          But this post was not bumped to belittle anyone so I’m the one who doesn’t understand.

As for the other posts that were bumped to draw attention to someone’s opinion, all I can say is this. I can see we’re you’re coming from but people shouldn’t take it personally. If you’re going to go out there with really bold and loud opinions that’s all good. As a fan you’re entitled to do that and I can appreciate and respect someone’s bravery in doing that. But that doesn’t entitle your opinion to be untouchable. We all have our thoughts and opinions on the game, coach, players etc. If you get it wrong, and we all do at times, be man or woman enough to admit it. If we’re talking about the Tedesco thread, the OP still seems to think he is right anyway. Last time I looked he’s still backing his opinion.

Also, seemingly it’s ok for our players and coach who have been abused on here by some with offensive names like retards and spastics or fat slugs etc while posters can say what they like.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            Trent Robinson is the best coach we've had in my time watching the Roosters. I include Gibson in that.
            That's a big call Eddie, I have Jack on top for not just what he did with us but every other club he was with .
            I have a huge opinion of Robbo as well, I prefer his quiet demeanor and calm manner over a ranting and raving coach.
            The only year we haven't contended since he took over the reins is when the dog dater from darlo got scrubbed and Jared was out with an acl. He prides himself on his defence and we have been an outstanding defensive team under his leadership, it's not sexy but it's effective.
            Some people have unrealistic expectations and whilst we all want to win every match and the comp every year it isn't going to happen.
            He is training us to peak at the pointy end of the season with a cup like preparation not to win a maiden first up at Kembla Grange.
            His in the top echelon of coaches and I wouldn't want anyone else bar Bellamy in charge. How much do coaches actually contribute to a win? I wouldn't put it at anymore than 10-15% , I think the players have a much bigger influence than coaches.

Comment

Haha I've probably called Friendy a fat slug and a gimp many times this year.

I regret nothing. It's all heat of the moment stuff and I've never claimed to be perfect.

Comment

It's good to see the team doing we but we haven't won yet and plenty will be calling for heads if we falter again at the prelim final.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I regret nothing. It's all heat of the moment stuff and I've never claimed to be perfect.
                  Agree with you Tommy,no regrets for comments made based on poor efforts at the time from certain players/coach’s..

Thankfully those certain players/coach’s are turning things around now and happy to give credit where it’s due..

In saying that we still have a ways to go before amending last years end of season let down..

Go Easts!

Comment

Well that’s my point Tommy. JT is saying posters are being belittled by having their posts bumped. But if we’re going to excuse the abuse of players and coaches as being down to passion in the heat of the moment, than I think we’re getting a bit precious about threads being bumped. Big mike was happy to lay into Teddy on several ocassions and the club for spending so much money on him and anointing him the worst buy in Roosters history. I think he should be prepared to accept there’s going to be a few posters out there who will disagree with him.and may even consider his claim to be quite out there. You can’t lay into players and expect complete immunity. As you say, you regret nothing. I assume Large mike doesn’t either as he hasn’t said anything to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Well that’s my point Tommy. JT is saying posters are being belittled by having their posts bumped. But if we’re going to excuse the abuse of players and coaches as being down to passion in the heat of the moment, than I think we’re getting a bit precious about threads being bumped. Big mike was happy to lay into Teddy on several ocassions and the club for spending so much money on him and anointing him the worst buy in Roosters history. I think he should be prepared to accept there’s going to be a few posters out there who will disagree with him.and may even consider his claim to be quite out there. You can’t lay into players and expect complete immunity. As you say, you regret nothing. I assume Large mike doesn’t either as he hasn’t said anything to the contrary.
                      I agree.

I've slammed players for past efforts. And in return fans can slam me for doing so.

More over if Jake Friend ever gets wind of my 'fat slug' comments he's welcome to tell me to **** off too.

I'm a big boy I can handle that.

Though truth be told I think we all respect and appreciate 95% of players to wear our jersey when all is said and done. I have huge respect for Jake. He almost died playing his guts out for us.

I just occasionally run my mouth when he kicks it dead lol And I have little issue with being called out on it.

Comment

I agree.

I've slammed players for past efforts. And in return fans can slam me for doing so.

More over if Jake Friend ever gets wind of my 'fat slug' comments he's welcome to tell me to **** off too.

I'm a big boy I can handle that.

Though truth be told I think we all respect and appreciate 95% of players to wear our jersey when all is said and done. I have huge respect for Jake. He almost died playing his guts out for us.

I just occasionally run my mouth when he kicks it dead lol And I have little issue with being called out on it.
                        Exactly. I choose not to abuse players because I know they don’t deliberately go out to lose and I know the coach and players know more about what’s going on in the inner sanctum than me. But if you say something on a public forum in the heat of the moment that’s abusive or offensive and then say it’s ok because you’re just a passionate fan than that’s not cool in my book. You need to own it and maybe think about in the future not posting while you’re still worked up and agitated.

Oh.....I may have once or twice gone off at Fergo or SKD in the privacy of my own home! Or a Jake blind side move or Anasta kick off on the full.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                          That's a big call Eddie, I have Jack on top for not just what he did with us but every other club he was with .
                          It's not an easy call, Gibbo is a club legend, and arguably was responsible for Arties career.
                          What tipped me in favour of Robbo is the fact that Jack could never commit to a coaching role longer than 3 years. He said his influence on the playing group went stale after time.

Comment

Jack was the best coach of all time, and still has others trying to be him.

Robbo is a very thoughtful and conscientious young coach who is making great inroads.

At the present however, it's chalk and cheese.

Comment

I think it all comes down to the finals. I’ve long criticised Robinson for being a very poor finals coach with 3 finals lost in a row beaten by lesser teams and knocked out of the grand final when we were the best supoosedly all year.

its the money end of the season that proves the true mettle of a coach so no matter how good a minor premiership or a top 4 spot looks it is not the goal of the season.

Those who want to praise Robinson for losing us 3 finals in a row please do so at your own peril. It matters not if we win all season only to be toppled in the finals by stupid coaching decisions.

So so let us wait and see if he can produce the mettle of a truly great coach by finally getting a result after 3 finals losses before we compare him to greats. He’s had enough finals losses to learn from his mistakes but will he is the big question. He is a good coach but his finals record is very poor so let’s wait and see if this year he finally rises to the occasion or not. Gibson was our greatest by far.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Robbo is doing very well, now however he has made some woeful tactics in the past and yes he got us to the MP a few times...ho hum! But he has had good players and missed the big show since 2013. Now this year once again we started bad and yes it has taken time for the team to gel but the tactics earlier had nothing to do with the new look team. Now he’s had a rethink, along with Fitzy and Taylor and it’s good to see cause earlier this year those boring tactics of one out and take the tackle just wasn’t working. Everyone in RL land knew it and Robbo and co have finally come up with some exiting stuff so credit to them. So this thing of calling for his head had merit, then, because no one wanted to see another year with at least not being in the GF.

Are we going for the big prize this year? Well we are doing very well thanks to all!

Comment

Working...
                                X