No announcement yet.

We will win the comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigers choked the Storm out twice. Switch on the TV.

Dragons didn't beat us easily. Our forwards dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      $9 at SportsBet. The best odds you will see on our way to a premiership.
      I’m probably more optimistic than most but I would need about double those odds to have any interest in backing us at the moment. 4 tries in our last 3 games and two of those opponents aren’t favoured to do much.
      Last edited by Maxy Walker; 04-25-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Dice...if Friend goes I'll happily take the $9..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          Dice...if Friend goes I'll happily take the $9..
          Uncle Nick doesn't suffer fools.

Comment

Bump for Coggy. $6.50 now. With so many players out for SOO we will be vulnerable against the Tigers. However, I expect us to be premiership favourites sometime in July.

Comment

Bump for Coggy. $6.50 now. With so many players out for SOO we will be vulnerable against the Tigers. However, I expect us to be premiership favourites sometime in July.
              We need to get a move on for top 4. That Tigers game minus all of our Origin players is crucial. But also unfair against a side who won't be missing anyone.

We've seen glimpses of our best the past two weeks - and I sense our best is the leagues best - but we are showing no signs of ceasing the dumb errors. Until that happens we'll just continue to frustrate.

Comment

How anyone can summise that we'll win the comp is bewildering. Our play overall has been rubbish, to win the comp you need to finish in the top 4, the way we are playing we might just squeeze into the 8. We've already lost 5 games, if we aim for the top 4 we are only allowed to lose 2 or 3 more games.

Comment

I've put that loss in the garbage bin where it belongs, the trouble is the bin's almost full and it's only May. For those of you saying we'll win the comp well good luck to you, I hope you're right, the way I see it is we're a million miles from where we need to be. I thought we turned a corner after NZ but then we are hit by that rubbish on Friday night. We are now lwwlwlwlwwl hardly the signs for a team who believes they'll win the comp. At this stage we are heading for a 8 to 6 finish.It wouldn't surprise me if the Titans get us next week.

Comment

Agree with Coggy. There’s no way we’ll win it: between our own stupidity and the NRL’s clear bias against us, we’ve got nuthin.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                      How anyone can summise that we'll win the comp is bewildering. Our play overall has been rubbish, to win the comp you need to finish in the top 4, the way we are playing we might just squeeze into the 8. We've already lost 5 games, if we aim for the top 4 we are only allowed to lose 2 or 3 more games.
                      You no longer seem so confident about Cronk delivering us a premiership.

We will win the comp.

Comment

You no longer seem so confident about Cronk delivering us a premiership.

We will win the comp.
                        Not when we're up against 'perfect' teams like the Merge, Broncos, Sea Eagles, Souths, we won't.

Comment

I thought we'd win in 1980,81, 2003, 04 and 2015. We were the best team in those years but we didn't jag one comp in that lot. To suggest that this rabble will win it is just plain wrong, I have seen nothing that gives me hope, BTW I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I think it's a poor comp this year and any team that is in red hot form come September could walk away with the big prize. My feeling regarding us is that next year will present us with a better chance. Crichton can be huge for us....Teddy hopefully gets into the swing of things and Mitchell and Manu are a year older / more experienced. Mind you, I thought in 2013 that we were building for 2014 and managed to jag it early. But that team was a completely different beast altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                              I thought we'd win in 1980,81, 2003, 04 and 2015. We were the best team in those years but we didn't jag one comp in that lot. To suggest that this rabble will win it is just plain wrong, I have seen nothing that gives me hope, BTW I hope I'm wrong.
                              As Chicka said the opposition this year stinks. That's why we're still a hope.

If we somehow, against years of evidence admittedly, click and get it right for 4 weeks in a row in September/October then we can beat anyone.

The Dragons are the team to beat ffs. And our best can easily contend with theirs. We played like drunkards on Anzac Day and still only lost 16-6 after a try in the 1st set.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                As Chicka said the opposition this year stinks. That's why we're still a hope.

If we somehow, against years of evidence admittedly, click and get it right for 4 weeks in a row in September/October then we can beat anyone.

The Dragons are the team to beat ffs. And our best can easily contend with theirs. We played like drunkards on Anzac Day and still only lost 16-6 after a try in the 1st set.
                                And a bunker **** up for their try.

Comment

Working...
                                X