• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It it aint broke, please dont fix it.

Best RL stadium in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
      Despicable waste of money.....and for what??? What benefit?

This is hallowed turf they are gonna destroy. All our modern history and memories.

I can still remember the spot Gary Bridge broke his leg in game 3 season 1988, first yr on that ground. And the great Dancing Dallas graced that hollowed turf...and well as other muppets like Fittler etc. The stadium is hardly old..

No respect of history in the age of the god moolah.

Take photos, frame them, there are your memories.
      Nothing lasts forever...the Turner Stand at the old Sports Ground is no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

This should be a no brainer, but i really doubt it.

Dont forget where you are living: Australia - the land of over-regulation, knee-jerk reactions and safe thinking.

We ain't getting steep seats unfortunately.
        "Over-regulation" is good...makes people get pink slips so they're not driving around in unsafe cars.

Safe-thinking is great, saves lives.
        People leave here and go to Bali, Thailand etc...hoon around[or not] on motor scooters/bikes, thongs and no helmets..."weeeee"...next minute they have serious head injuries and their legs amputated.

Comment

Hopefully our Club/Board/Uncle Nick won't overreact and take us off to some inferior suburban ground permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
            Original articles on SMH cited that there were problems with safety. Apparently fire regulations around exits.

Seems scetchy to me, but if the risks stack up the government would have little choice.
            Some issues with fire exits and we need to knock the whole thing down and rebuild. Yeah right..

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
              They are saying knocked down & re-built.
              WHAT A WASTE OF TIME & MONEY.
              Unreal ain't it.
              Our political system is broken beyond repair.
              Dumb decisions after stupid decisions , all carried out by morons who treat money like confetti.

QLD ain't no different.

Comment

2020 GF to be played at the new SFS

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

"Over-regulation" is good...makes people get pink slips so they're not driving around in unsafe cars.

Safe-thinking is great, saves lives.
                  People leave here and go to Bali, Thailand etc...hoon around[or not] on motor scooters/bikes, thongs and no helmets..."weeeee"...next minute they have serious head injuries and their legs amputated.
                  God you exaggerate. 1 in every 100,000 that would happen to.

Comment

So is Olympic Park. Sounds like some NSW Govie corruption where they MUST build new stadiums because one of Salim Mehajer or Eddie Obeid’s mates is on the take for the contract...

Seriously, why do we need to knock down 2 perfectly good, EXPENSIVE stadiums that aren’t even that old and are rarely used to their full capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                      Hopefully our Club/Board/Uncle Nick won't overreact and take us off to some inferior suburban ground permanently.
                      Nick told me we’re moving to ES Mark’s... although Stuart Ayre said he’s gonna knock that one down too.

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      NSW Government just approved the demolition and rebuild of both Allianz and ANZ Stadiums at a cost of more than $2 billion.

Allianz gets bulldozed at the end of 2018 and ANZ at the end of 2019.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stadium-bi...23-gzrbjj.html
                      Salim Mehajer will be building the new stadium... Mehajer stadium. It’s gonna look fully sick and all bling bling and shyte. GLASS staircases, strobe lights... like a full disco and shyte, bro!!! Oh and like a helicopter pad, worlds biggest sauna... aaaw and this fully sick fountain out the front with a gold statue of Lord Hazem El Masri and Robbie Farah in the middle, with champaign and diamonds flowing out of their mouths and shyte. Be farking sick bruh!!!

Oh and it’s gonna be in Auburn ay. Part of the project will involve building a high-speed subway from Central to Auburn, changing the Roosters to the Sydney Habibis, having HSPs at all the food stands and like oh... it’s all gonna be near this fully sick apartment block I just happen to be building, which will pump up the price and shyte. Whatcha think ay? Pretty sick!!
                      Last edited by ism22; 11-23-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
                        2020 GF to be played at the new SFS
                        What in front of 45,000 people with no roof?
                        It's the dumbest idea I have ever heard of pulling down the current stadium & building another one.
                        It could be the end of the Chooks ever playing there again. The new stadium may be to much to rent for the Chooks & they may get a cash offer to play home games at Gosford & Adelaide.

Comment

they only want to knock down anz cause it was built by the alp for rthe olympics?

Comment

Dear Uncle Nick.

Please buy us our own home ground for Xmas.
                            We have been the backbone of rugby league in this country since before Victor Trumper passed away.
                            Why do we need to cop crap 100 years later.
                            Hate being a tenant , along with soccer and yawnion as part of a state government revenue hassle.
                            We are better than that.

I know you've done so much already.
                            A lot you don't get credit for.
                            But if Murdoch can buy the showground for a fraction of its value, and White City went the same way ...............................

I'm sorry.
                            I'm a greedy supporter.
                            I will settle for one , two or three more premierships before I die.
                            That will be justice we deserve after what the share the trophy crowd have done to our game.

ROOSTERS.

Best regards.

eddie

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Some issues with fire exits and we need to knock the whole thing down and rebuild. Yeah right..
                              I'm sure with a careful think/read you might be able to come to a conclusion as to why that might be.
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

I wonder where we will end up playing for that period?

Comment

Working...
                                X