Pearce back in Australia future to be decided next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

not by the media, by the public, I can honestly say I only know a few people who like Pearce, no one I know wants him at there club, ( I’m sure that would change if he did go to one of their clubs because you become a bit defensive about your own) but they all think he is a d!ck.

After that Australia Day incident, he has very little respect out there, how many people that you speak to think highly of him on or off the field?
    A lot of people I speak to rate Pearce, think he has been unfairly treated and would love him at their clubs.

But that's no real surprise our experiences are usually biased as we surround ourselves with like minded people.

I said it before a few weeks ago but I think Pearce does have a lot of support it's just not deemed socially acceptable. Very similar to when Trump won, all the polls (based on asking people in the street) said Clinton would win comfortably. However all of a sudden when people could vote with the confidence of privacy he won comfortably.

You see this shit I cop on this place for defending Pearce... in all honesty what sane person would bother? He's too easy of a target for the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post

So you are essentially saying you would give up 2 weeks of leave a year if you had to work public holidays, which if we restrict the conversation to just NRL players it would be even more since half the public holidays each year are outside of the football season.

I know you like to defy every single piece of logic presented to you to defend Pearce to the hilt but I can tell you that yes 90% of people would accept 2 weeks extra leave per year if it meant they had to work on some public holidays throughout - understanding that the average FT worker in Oz gets 6 weeks a year made up of annual leave and public holidays.

Your blind loyalty to the Pearce cause and absolute inability to acknowledge any sort of critique of him is bordering on stalker levels and really is just plain odd...
      NRL players don't get 2 weeks worth of annual leave a year for public holidays, their extra leave only comprises of a few days as the a lot of the public holidays fall outside of the playing season.

If it was just public holidays I would agree with you, I I would and so would plenty of others but there's more than just the public holidays as I listed. You've just cherry picked your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not quite sure where Pearce was mentioned in all this maybe I am missing reading other posts- The fact is that the Roosters have a habit of treating players VERY poorly(SKD was the latest example and Watto too) - Pearce is a player that has played 10 years and should be treated with more respect than he has been by the club- Had to read in the papers they were after Cronk and his place/position in the team was under scrutiny for instance- took a long time before anyone at the club bothered to talk to him about it for instance. Rooster_6 may not have blind loyalty just wanting honesty and transparency with the Pearce issue perhaps - what this means to other players is your place in the squad is up for grabs if they feel another player is better suited for that players position but they don't have the guts to tell that player their intentions.

What would you think in your job position if your employer was sounding out someone else to take your place and you not about know this and hear of this from others - oh I suppose you would say it's their choice to replace you I suppose and or put you in a lessor position as a result - I would doubt many people would accept that
        You think the club did poorly in helping and defending SKD during his court case and the time off that was requested?

you think the club has treated Pearce poorly for all his public and private problems?

the club has been very generous to both and other players, why should the club go to such lengths to help these guys when they are out of the clubs environment?

Comment

Now that Pearce is “apparently” on the market. A lot of people I know have changed their tune on him. They all really want him. And to be fair to Mitchell he is in the top 5 of halfbacks running around today.

Any club would want that

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Led Zeppelin were not just a band, they were Gods....
            I have front row for Robert Plant at the Opera House very soon. Looking forward to it.

Comment

It's now next week!
              When will Pearce be deciding?
              Someone should make it today!

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                It's now next week!
                When will Pearce be deciding?
                Someone should make it today!
                He’s still on his well earned holiday,back on Wednesday..
                Poor Pearcey,hope he’s resting well..

Comment

Gee there is a lot of crap and verbal diarrhea here.

There are a lot of real workers in the country who work 7 days a week, many doing multiple jobs and working 12 hour days and many are lucky to see more than a week of holidays each year. Many don't have the ability or funds to take time off to go to fancy overseas holidays like these so called professional rugby league sportsmen who call themselves professional, get paid as professionals but many of whom (not all but many) are regularly on the piss and often take drugs. And most of the real workers I am talking about, are lucky to get paid a 10th of the amount each year that some of these so called professional league players get paid.

But poor league players have to play on Anzac day and good Friday.
                  Last edited by Half time; 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Not quite sure where Pearce was mentioned in all this maybe I am missing reading other posts- The fact is that the Roosters have a habit of treating players VERY poorly(SKD was the latest example and Watto too) - Pearce is a player that has played 10 years and should be treated with more respect than he has been by the club- Had to read in the papers they were after Cronk and his place/position in the team was under scrutiny for instance- took a long time before anyone at the club bothered to talk to him about it for instance. Rooster_6 may not have blind loyalty just wanting honesty and transparency with the Pearce issue perhaps - what this means to other players is your place in the squad is up for grabs if they feel another player is better suited for that players position but they don't have the guts to tell that player their intentions.

What would you think in your job position if your employer was sounding out someone else to take your place and you not about know this and hear of this from others - oh I suppose you would say it's their choice to replace you I suppose and or put you in a lessor position as a result - I would doubt many people would accept that
                    Just like Pearce went in to bat to save SKDs butt lol, for someone that supposedly knows a lot, you know very little
                    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

I'd agree if he hadn't disgraced the club publicity on 2 seperate occasions (that we know of) and derailed our season 2016.

Comment

one has to say you know shite about music then
                        Ah Salvo, the irony here is almost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I have front row for Robert Plant at the Opera House very soon. Looking forward to it.
                          You are a lucky Chook, Im jealous in a nice way....
                          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

You are a lucky Chook, Im jealous in a nice way....
                            Did I mention it’s for both nights?

I can’t stand the Spielberg’s that think they have to film concerts on their phones so I have a motto of “Front Row or I don’t go”. I walked out of Elton John a few years ago after two songs because some clown was actually filming on his iPad.

Luckily I have a few sources for tickets and usually get them. I also have them for Paul McCartney and Culture Club coming up. Best was The Eagles a few years back.

I wasn’t even a fan of Zeppelin until The Brain turned me I go them a decade ago.
                            Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 11-20-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X