Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

True.
    Playing park footy is a big risk when you put it like that.
    I was more thinking 8 weeks off a year is probably needed for their bodies to recover from the physical demands of the game.
    I personally hope he stays & plays hooker to a higher level than what Friend does.I would release Friend if it was up to me.
    Does that mean Im a flogboy?

Most teams finish in September, they don’t start there season til March, for at least 4 months they aren’t playing with game day intensity, and their training should be helping there body, not to mention all the physio and massages at any time needed.

Let’s not sugar coat it, They have got it pretty good, they could always leave the game and go back to an average paying job and 4 weeks holiday if they don’t enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

he just doesn't think before he opens his mouth at times, 90% of all workers would die for 8 weeks off a year.
      5 weeks is what NRL players get as annual leave every year. The other 3 weeks are comprised of days in lieu (from working 6 day weeks) and days owed from Public holidays that they either train/play through as negotiated into all NRL contracts as standard.

I can't recall the exact specifics of what the 3 weeks comprise of but I had this exact discussion with an agent about 2 years ago and when you actually break it down it's probably fair enough. 8 weeks sounds awesome but how many people would actually choose it if you had to work through public holidays, travel on your days off & work 6 day weeks.

I doubt 90% of workers would... I certainly wouldn't. You?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Most teams finish in September, they don’t start there season til March, for at least 4 months they aren’t playing with game day intensity, and their training should be helping there body, not to mention all the physio and massages at any time needed.

Let’s not sugar coat it, They have got it pretty good, they could always leave the game and go back to an average paying job and 4 weeks holiday if they don’t enjoy it.
        The intensity, pressure & stresses of being a top level professional would surely be up there as one of the highest of all professions.

Forget the physical toll, the mental toll would be far more taxing.

There's no doubt the upsides to the job would be equally unmatched in most other professions and that's the dream, but this outrage culture of 'professional athletes' don't know how good they've got it is a load of shit.

If I was on my annual leave and I had a camera crew waiting for me every time I took a dump I don't know about you but I might not have been so subtle as Pearce was telling them to leave him the **** alone and let him enjoy his time off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

If I was on my annual leave and I had a camera crew waiting for me every time I took a dump...
          So that’s why Nate Myles retired? Tired of the surveillance every time he checked into a hotel....

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

The Beatles: Were just a band.
            Led Zepplin: Just a band.
            The Beach Boys: Just a band.
            The sex Pistols: Just a band.
            The Clash: Just a band.

one has to say you know shite about music then

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
              I know for a fact that he is leaving. I bumped into Mungo Jerry & he filled me in on whats going on.
              Apparently the Clash are keen on him joining their band.
              Ray Dorset will only join the remaining Clash members in the summer time though

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...104F&FORM=VIRE
              Last edited by King Salvo; 11-19-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

So that’s why Nate Myles retired? Tired of the surveillance every time he checked into a hotel....
                Let the man dump in peace.

Comment

The intensity, pressure & stresses of being a top level professional would surely be up there as one of the highest of all professions.

Forget the physical toll, the mental toll would be far more taxing.

There's no doubt the upsides to the job would be equally unmatched in most other professions and that's the dream, but this outrage culture of 'professional athletes' don't know how good they've got it is a load of shit.

If I was on my annual leave and I had a camera crew waiting for me every time I took a dump I don't know about you but I might not have been so subtle as Pearce was telling them to leave him the **** alone and let him enjoy his time off.

It only seems like a handful of players that are constantly in the news for some reason, Unfortunately Pearce and a few others fall into the Tomic character for being liked by the public now, easy to bait him and get a reaction, surely after being in the game for so long, he knows all this, yet he still hasn’t learnt how to handle the media with any class.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

The Beatles: Were just a band.
                    Led Zepplin: Just a band.
                    The Beach Boys: Just a band.
                    The sex Pistols: Just a band.
                    The Clash: Just a band.

I respectfully disagree. To music lovers like myself and others they contribute far more than just being a band.

Comment

It only seems like a handful of players that are constantly in the news for some reason, Unfortunately Pearce and a few others fall into the Tomic character for being liked by the public now, easy to bait him and get a reaction, surely after being in the game for so long, he knows all this, yet he still hasn’t learnt how to handle the media with any class.

Really you think Pearce's relationship with the media is in the Tomic category?

Come on..

Comment

Really you think Pearce's relationship with the media is in the Tomic category?

Come on..
                        not by the media, by the public, I can honestly say I only know a few people who like Pearce, no one I know wants him at there club, ( I’m sure that would change if he did go to one of their clubs because you become a bit defensive about your own) but they all think he is a d!ck.

After that Australia Day incident, he has very little respect out there, how many people that you speak to think highly of him on or off the field?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I respectfully disagree. To music lovers like myself and others they contribute far more than just being a band.
                          That ISM22 would also say Pink Floyd were just a band too - mmm 15 years in the US Top100 that Album " Dark Side of the Moon " - 1973 to 1988

Comment

5 weeks is what NRL players get as annual leave every year. The other 3 weeks are comprised of days in lieu (from working 6 day weeks) and days owed from Public holidays that they either train/play through as negotiated into all NRL contracts as standard.

I can't recall the exact specifics of what the 3 weeks comprise of but I had this exact discussion with an agent about 2 years ago and when you actually break it down it's probably fair enough. 8 weeks sounds awesome but how many people would actually choose it if you had to work through public holidays, travel on your days off & work 6 day weeks.

I doubt 90% of workers would... I certainly wouldn't. You?
                            So you are essentially saying you would give up 2 weeks of leave a year if you had to work public holidays, which if we restrict the conversation to just NRL players it would be even more since half the public holidays each year are outside of the football season.

I know you like to defy every single piece of logic presented to you to defend Pearce to the hilt but I can tell you that yes 90% of people would accept 2 weeks extra leave per year if it meant they had to work on some public holidays throughout - understanding that the average FT worker in Oz gets 6 weeks a year made up of annual leave and public holidays.

Your blind loyalty to the Pearce cause and absolute inability to acknowledge any sort of critique of him is bordering on stalker levels and really is just plain odd...

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post

So you are essentially saying you would give up 2 weeks of leave a year if you had to work public holidays, which if we restrict the conversation to just NRL players it would be even more since half the public holidays each year are outside of the football season.

I know you like to defy every single piece of logic presented to you to defend Pearce to the hilt but I can tell you that yes 90% of people would accept 2 weeks extra leave per year if it meant they had to work on some public holidays throughout - understanding that the average FT worker in Oz gets 6 weeks a year made up of annual leave and public holidays.

Your blind loyalty to the Pearce cause and absolute inability to acknowledge any sort of critique of him is bordering on stalker levels and really is just plain odd...
                              Not quite sure where Pearce was mentioned in all this maybe I am missing reading other posts- The fact is that the Roosters have a habit of treating players VERY poorly(SKD was the latest example and Watto too) - Pearce is a player that has played 10 years and should be treated with more respect than he has been by the club- Had to read in the papers they were after Cronk and his place/position in the team was under scrutiny for instance- took a long time before anyone at the club bothered to talk to him about it for instance. Rooster_6 may not have blind loyalty just wanting honesty and transparency with the Pearce issue perhaps - what this means to other players is your place in the squad is up for grabs if they feel another player is better suited for that players position but they don't have the guts to tell that player their intentions.

What would you think in your job position if your employer was sounding out someone else to take your place and you not about know this and hear of this from others - oh I suppose you would say it's their choice to replace you I suppose and or put you in a lessor position as a result - I would doubt many people would accept that

Comment

Unless one works in very physical and demanding jobs we have all got it pretty good to have 4 weeks annual leave or 6 weeks if the award allows for permanent shift workers - the most generous leave provisions in existence are teachers- 12 weeks annual leave which should be reduced to 4 weeks- based on a time when one parent (mother) would be staying home - impossible mostly nowadays when paying off a mortgage to not have both parents/partners working - cost of childcare could be greatly reduced by extending the school year to 48 weeks as after all the teachers are being paid for the full 52 weeks- 12 weeks leave plus pupil free days as well each term- curriculum hardly changes - need to change this as education standards are decreasing every year- Naplan results shows this- standard teacher at the top level wage is paid over 100k for 40 weeks(12 weeks leave) work for basically a 30 to 35 hour week and they complain how hard their job is still!!!!!!
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 11-20-2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X