Back flip about to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
    The promises he made last year after taking Nikorima and Copley out to drink short dogs were not fulfilled.
    This is where Pearce lost me he was co Captain and the players were given orders after the Australia Day function to go home and he didn't he took two new players out partying and the rest is history. Pearce does what Pearce wants and stuff the consequences.

Comment

The Roosters would not have signed Cronk if there were any chance of Pearce staying. The promises he made last year after taking Nikorima and Copley out to drink short dogs were not fulfilled. So they bought Cronk. Like the song goes "You don't have to go home (Wests Tigers) but you can't stay here."
      Problem is they re-signed him 2017 - so he can stay for the next 2 years. His home is at the Roosters - he has never played for the Tigers. He is not even a Tigers junior.
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Problem is they re-signed him 2017 - so he can stay for the next 2 years. His home is at the Roosters - he has never played for the Tigers. He is not even a Tigers junior.
        I was thinking more going to his father's home. And you know contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, he's going.
        SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Pretty sure he played for the North Ryde Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I maintain that he and Cronk can't be in the same side. You can't spend $800K on a player who will pay 20 mins a match off the bench. That's a $200K player. And the result is that our squad is all out of kilter. We need at least a prop and a three-quarter desperately.

Pearce has to go - but my money is on him staying.
            Exactly right.

I was personally on the Pearce side of things prior to Cronk signing.

But...now that the deal is done, he can't stay surely. They are very very similar players, with Cronk's key advantage being maturity between the ears. You can't afford to have them both in the team - it's irresponsible cap management, and that will lead to the loss of important players like SST, Latrell etc when they test their value on the market.

I fully expect Pearce to sign with Manly once Green is out of the picture. I struggle to see how else things will pan out. Can;t see him going to Newcastle. Can't see how Robbo can send out such an unbalanced squad next year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Sorry Novice that is complete and utter rubbish, Politas and Robbo have saved his bacon, he is liked and respected by a minority of the players in the squad, he is disliked by many a sponsor, he lost the majority of players support over many incidents, some publicized, many kept in house, he oozes " I can do as I wish and can get away with it" of course publicly they will support him as they are professionals and need too. What is important to Pearce, is Pearce and in the past generally what Pearce wants he has gotten, that changed with Cronk signing
              If he is such a de-stabling influence it makes you wonder why the bloke was re-signed on an $800K contract less than 6 months ago. But the fact is, he has a contract and has every right to have it fulfilled. Cronk signing or not. That is what many don't want to accept, but that's simply how it is. If he leaves, it is on his terms, not the Chooks.

Comment

I was thinking more going to his father's home. And you know contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, he's going.
                Actually I am aware that contracts are legally worth something if one side expects it to be fulfilled. And there is nothing to say that any club wanting Pearce won't play hardball and expect the Chooks to pay some of the $800K he's entitled to be paid. You reckon Manly will happily pay $800K when they can offer $400K and force the Chooks to pay the rest?? And if the Chooks won't pay, then Mitch simply stays at the Chooks and gets his $800K. Simple really.

Comment

If he is such a de-stabling influence it makes you wonder why the bloke was re-signed on an $800K contract less than 6 months ago. But the fact is, he has a contract and has every right to have it fulfilled. Cronk signing or not. That is what many don't want to accept, but that's simply how it is. If he leaves, it is on his terms, not the Chooks.

Not disagreeing with you, if he wants to stay he will, he has every right too, I think his ego will get the better of him and he will go.

What I am disagreeing with is your comments that is is loved and respected by all his team mates and those at the club, that is total BS, Politas and Robbo love him, that is why he was re signed, obviously since that signing something has gone wrong on/off the field or both, this changed Robbos and the clubs position.

you and others may be disappointed to he is no role model or mentor to the young blokes at the club, he is often first to leave training when others are doing extras, he is very reluctant to attend club functions to mix with fans and sponsors, I have seen him at fan days mixing well with the kids but I am on the fence if it is for real or a show to appease club or fans, unlike blokes like SKD, JWH, SST, Gordo, Latrell, Keary, Toops that attend many a event both club or non club because they want too, not because they have too.

Pearce has and always will be about Pearce
                  Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Perhaps the whole "we want to keep Pearce" angle is so whichever club wants him has to play the full bill.

If we came across as desperate to be rid of Pearce then as NC said what's stopping Manly only paying half the bill.

Personally I think Pearce will leave. And the club is just waiting for all the dominoes to fall and Manly to pay full whack.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                      I haven't forgotten anything mate,all I know is Pearce and Cronk won`t work and he should do the right thing and take off!
                      Keary is the better option and should be the 6.
                      You obviously love the golden boy and his continual failures which is why you think otherwise..
                      Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you is a Pearce-lover. Forget that I paid out on the bloke for nearly a decade. I accepted Pearce not a champion halfback, and I also accepted that we don't need him to be a champion halfback. Our season was lost with SKD/Tupou and failing to address silly errors all season.

One thing some of you failing to see is Cronk is not a champion halfback either. He has played his entire career in the best coached side in living memory, with the best ever hooker watching his back. If we get rid of Pearce and Cronk fails to deliver we will end up in a worse position than 2016.

Comment

They would accept it if it was one of their faves in the same predicament though - such as Keary. I agree with you on this issue NC and I've argued this point a few times on here now but I am always brushed off as being a fanboy.

Comment

Alright so I’m on the keep Pearce bandwagon.
                          Couple of reasons.
                          Other than Cronk and Thurston who is a better halfback than Pearce. I’m not saying he is much better than Morgan etc. He will never be a great half back. But in reality I don’t think any kid running around at the moment is going to be.
                          Also in 2 Year’s time when Cronk leaves who do we have then? Surely people aren’t banking on Lam??

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you is a Pearce-lover. Forget that I paid out on the bloke for nearly a decade. I accepted Pearce not a champion halfback, and I also accepted that we don't need him to be a champion halfback. Our season was lost with SKD/Tupou and failing to address silly errors all season.

One thing some of you failing to see is Cronk is not a champion halfback either. He has played his entire career in the best coached side in living memory, with the best ever hooker watching his back. If we get rid of Pearce and Cronk fails to deliver we will end up in a worse position than 2016.
                            And won't that be 'funny' watching the Pearce non-fanboys reactions to that.

Comment

Originally posted by GC6 View Post
                              Alright so I’m on the keep Pearce bandwagon.
                              Couple of reasons.
                              Other than Cronk and Thurston who is a better halfback than Pearce. I’m not saying he is much better than Morgan etc. He will never be a great half back. But in reality I don’t think any kid running around at the moment is going to be.
                              Also in 2 Year’s time when Cronk leaves who do we have then? Surely people aren’t banking on Lam??
                              Stop on

Im on the fence about Pearce staying or going. I see both points of view, but GC6 you have made the most valid points so far IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Sorry I just can’t agree with you and am more than happy to leave it that way..

Comment

Working...
                                X