Mitch Pearce to Manly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
    I wish Mitchell would just Pearce off now and sign with another club and get on with it.
    I'm sure you do. Unfortunately he's signed with Easts for another 2 years. It's up to him to leave.

I am convinced that the club rolled the dice in signing Cronk to try to push Pearce out. Dick move if you ask me.

Originally posted by jism
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

It doesn't happen often at all.

The only recent standouts that you could argue DOMINATED as teenagers in the Nrl are Inglis and Freddy. 99% of players reach their peak with experience.
      Agreed. The closest I’ve seen from this generation is what... Cleary and Ash Taylor? However, both players have their flaws. Munster his the stage flying I guess you could argue? I think that’s more to do with him being in a stacked team that has the entire Australian spine to support him though (i.e. chuck him into Newcastle 1st season and you woulda seen a different story).

Maloney, DCE, Milford, Hunt, Austin, Sezer, JT, Cronk...etc all took time and they are all still baking. IMO finding the right opportunity’s a big thing too.

Comment

Why would pearce go to manly when he can get probably 2 to 3 hundred k more at newcastle.Hes 28 years old ,you can get a carear ending injury in any game you play and if you do you have done yourself out of a sizeable chunk of your payout. i realize that there are other factors that come into play but he should take the cash imo.Theres not a lot of thanks for loyalty in this sport take the cash mitch.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
          Why would pearce go to manly when he can get probably 2 to 3 hundred k more at newcastle.Hes 28 years old ,you can get a carear ending injury in any game you play and if you do you have done yourself out of a sizeable chunk of your payout. i realize that there are other factors that come into play but he should take the cash imo.Theres not a lot of thanks for loyalty in this sport take the cash mitch.
          BUT he would be the man in Newcastle and he can't hide when he cracks under pressure.

With Manly he can hide behind DCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

BUT he would be the man in Newcastle and he can't hide when he cracks under pressure.

With Manly he can hide behind DCE.

He left us because he wanted to direct the team around the park, to be the man.

Newcastle ticks that box. He can take ownership of that team (and get well paid in the process).

If he wins a premiership with another club, he will feel vindicated for leaving us. But if he wins a comp for the Knights, considering where they have been recently, that would be an achievement that would stop people obsessing about his lack of success at Origin level.

Comment

Didn't DCE say he would play 6 so pearce could lead the team?

Comment

Quite simply he will just go to whoever offers him the most money. To state the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Quite simply he will just go to whoever offers him the most money. To state the obvious.
                  Then he is going to Newcastle, which I would love.

Comment

I've got 9.60 in my wallet, if I pitch that in, will we be able to never speak of that goof again?
                    SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Apparently he decided on Manly a week ago,not sure why it’s dragging on?!?

Comment

Fact that Hastings is looking elsewhere is more proof

Comment

I don't know if this will be the case? A lot of players have already knocked the knights back despite the money on offer.
                          I'd find Manly an appealing club to play for, living on the northern beaches ahead of Newcastle etc (and im an inner west tragic)

I think the Manly option would be taking into consideration their cap issues and possible penalties?

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                            Cause money isn’t a problem for him. If he’s smart he’d never have to work again after what he’s earned. 10 years in the top grade. Current salary circa 800k. Where would you want to live Newcastle or manly? Play finals football or go to a club who’s marquee signing is Aiden guerra?

Comment

I actually think the Knights have a brighter future than Manly.

For the first year Manly might look better but the Knights are headed in a great direction and they still have lots of cap space.

Ponga, Lamb, Pearce, Watson, Levi... that's a very handy set of playmakers. Young Dan Saifiti is arguably the most promising young prop in the game. Add a couple more props and an outside back and they'll be back in the top 8 come 2019.

I also ****ing hate Manly so would hate to have to cheer against Pearce where as I'd be delighted at any success both he and the Knights have.

Comment

But we always have a problem with Manly and lose more than win...If Pearce goes there, then one objective of beating us becomes easier... good for the ego.
                                Last edited by ROC181; 11-28-2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X