No announcement yet.

Politis confirms Roosters after Cronk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of interest which one of you have had contact with the players and which ones are p!ssed off?

It is media speculation and assumptions by supporters. Do you think that Nick and Robbo would have done this and not advised the senior playing group or players who might be affected?

Pearce is p!ssed off and he is going to the Warriors, Pearce will play hooker and Friend is p!ssed off and he is off to the Tigers, Keary is p!ssed off because he is playing off the bench. It is all guess work. Nobody knows anything of what is happening inside the club. Not even King ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

So what happens if it's Keary who gets his nose out of joint - and quite rightly so if he's the one who is forced back to the bench rather than Pearce?

You'd be happy for Keary to be shown the door after the season he's had?? You'd be happy for Cordner to consider moving on because he doesn't like how the club is handling the situation, and realises that it may only be a matter of time before he's treated the same.

It may not be the fact that Cronk may be coming, but the lack of communication by those making the decisions that's got up the noses of some players. And that's fair enough, if there is a chance of snaring Cronk those that matter should be smoothing the pathway already with the senior playing group, and especially those who could be affected by his signing. It's a matter of trust and respect commonly called good business practice.

I doubt any of you would be too happy if the same situation was happening to you in your workplace and you wouldn't have the media spotlight.

The Roosters club is a pretty close knit one nowadays, and it would be really disappointing to have it fractured over a signing that may not even occur. Because it can become a cancer within the group, which means Cronk or no Cronk, the chances of success aren't great.

Personally, I'm not fussed if the Chooks sign Cronk or not. What concerns me is the fallout that could happen whether or not he comes to the club.
      Team comes first NC,and the Cronk move is for the betterment of the team..
      If players noses are out of joint to the extent of causing issues within the team than I have no issue with them moving on!
      The Club has high expectations and that won’t be compromised for players having a sook!
      All will work out in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
        Team comes first NC,and the Cronk move is for the betterment of the team..
        If players noses are out of joint to the extent of causing issues within the team than I have no issue with them moving on!
        The Club has high expectations and that won’t be compromised for players having a sook!
        All will work out in the end
        You must have been following a different team than I have for the past 20 plus years then - the lunatics (players) have been running the asylum for most of that time and not for always for the betterment of the team or the club. And the Great Greek has been involved all of that time and has indulged them more often than not.

I very much doubt Politis will move either Pearce or Friend on - any decision to leave will be there own and against his wishes. If Cronk comes, Politis will expect that they all play nice together, and someone else (eg Robbo) will have to take the fall if that doesn't happen. That's the Roosters way.

Every club has high expectations - not just ours. And high expectations mean jack shyte if there is no united front.
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

So what happens if it's Keary who gets his nose out of joint - and quite rightly so if he's the one who is forced back to the bench rather than Pearce?

You'd be happy for Keary to be shown the door after the season he's had?? You'd be happy for Cordner to consider moving on because he doesn't like how the club is handling the situation, and realises that it may only be a matter of time before he's treated the same.

It may not be the fact that Cronk may be coming, but the lack of communication by those making the decisions that's got up the noses of some players. And that's fair enough, if there is a chance of snaring Cronk those that matter should be smoothing the pathway already with the senior playing group, and especially those who could be affected by his signing. It's a matter of trust and respect commonly called good business practice.

I doubt any of you would be too happy if the same situation was happening to you in your workplace and you wouldn't have the media spotlight.

The Roosters club is a pretty close knit one nowadays, and it would be really disappointing to have it fractured over a signing that may not even occur. Because it can become a cancer within the group, which means Cronk or no Cronk, the chances of success aren't great.

Personally, I'm not fussed if the Chooks sign Cronk or not. What concerns me is the fallout that could happen whether or not he comes to the club.
          very well said and I agree 100%. As I’ve said before, the part that worries me is the collateral damage and destabilisation the whole Cronk affair could cause.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            My questions are;

1) What does it do to team morale?
            2) Does it affect how much we can offer Latrell Mitchell who will no doubt be asking for a pay rise soon & then are we putting at risk losing him?
            3) Does it mean we can no longer afford Chircton who I think in the bigger picture would actually be the more significant signing?
            4) If Mitchell Pearce or Luke Keary fail at dummy half what is our back up plan?
            5) Given Luke keary comes off contract next year where does it leave us with his negotiations in terms of offering him a much deserved pay rise? Can we even afford it? Clubs will obviously target him.
            6) What position does it leave us in to re-sign Cordner, Liu, Manu & Tetevano? Who all come off contract next year.

There's not doubting we're a better team for having Cooper Cronk, but it's a big disruption to a lot of other plans that would've been put in place long term... no doubt.

if the answer to most of above questions were negative, would you accept them as a trade off for a roosters tittle?

Comment

You must have been following a different team than I have for the past 20 plus years then - the lunatics (players) have been running the asylum for most of that time and not for always for the betterment of the team or the club. And the Great Greek has been involved all of that time and has indulged them more often than not.

I very much doubt Politis will move either Pearce or Friend on - any decision to leave will be there own and against his wishes. If Cronk comes, Politis will expect that they all play nice together, and someone else (eg Robbo) will have to take the fall if that doesn't happen. That's the Roosters way.

Every club has high expectations - not just ours. And high expectations mean jack shyte if there is no united front.
              Hearing you loud and clear NC,and I do agree certain players have run the asylum over the years..

I just believe after last years prelim debacle no player is untouchable and has no right to have a sook (with the intention of causing disharmony) if the powers to be are doing their best to better the team.
              After all the fans and members alike demand success and a player like Cronk is a win win ala SBW!
              Ultimately I believe Cronk will come and Pearce and Friend will remain also,and the team will be better for it!

Comment

I agree that Friend and Pearce will remain Lydon - I believe that if anyone is to go it will in fact be Keary, and that will be a shame because he fitted in so well into the Roosters system and is a very talented footballer.

But I suspect that if Cronk comes it will be Pearce that shifts to 5/8, Friend to stay at hooker and Keary will be dumped back to the bench - and after the year he has had I don't blame him for walking if that happens. Which will no doubt create angst amongst the Chookpen and the wrath of most supporters will be on the heads of Friend and Pearce.

I have noticed that in all Nick's public lovefest for both Friend and Pearce, Keary has not rated a mention ...

So in the long term, will the team be better for the departure of, say, Keary, should he choose to leave, given he is 10 years younger than Cronk??

Comment

I agree that Friend and Pearce will remain Lydon - I believe that if anyone is to go it will in fact be Keary, and that will be a shame because he fitted in so well into the Roosters system and is a very talented footballer.

But I suspect that if Cronk comes it will be Pearce that shifts to 5/8, Friend to stay at hooker and Keary will be dumped back to the bench - and after the year he has had I don't blame him for walking if that happens. Which will no doubt create angst amongst the Chookpen and the wrath of most supporters will be on the heads of Friend and Pearce.

I have noticed that in all Nick's public lovefest for both Friend and Pearce, Keary has not rated a mention ...

So in the long term, will the team be better for the departure of, say, Keary, should he choose to leave, given he is 10 years younger than Cronk??
                  I think otherwise NC,I’d be shocked if Keary isn’t partnering Cronk in the halves next year..
                  Mitchell Pearce is a 7 and Keary is a 6,if Cronk come on board I believe Pearce will move to 9 or the bench.
                  However if Keary is moved along as you suspect than I do agree with your initial point of the Cronk move causing issues..
                  I just can’t see Keary anywhere but 6,especially based on his spectacular form last year!

Comment

Lydon, I hope you are right but I fear you are under-estimating both Politis and Robbo's loyalty to both Pearce and Friend, which has been built up over a long period of time. Something Keary does not have in his favour.

I'm not saying it is fair or right, but I reckon Keary may get the rough deal if Cronk comes, and I'm not sure he has the personality to meekly accept it and happily wait in the background for the opportunity to play the lead role he did in 2017.

Comment

Lydon, I hope you are right but I fear you are under-estimating both Politis and Robbo's loyalty to both Pearce and Friend, which has been built up over a long period of time. Something Keary does not have in his favour.

I'm not saying it is fair or right, but I reckon Keary may get the rough deal if Cronk comes, and I'm not sure he has the personality to meekly accept it and happily wait in the background for the opportunity to play the lead role he did in 2017.
                      Surely Keary’s form last year is enough to hold his spot,but now you’ve worried me with the loyalty card..
                      I do hope you’re wrong NC,though I’m not sure what’s going on in Robbo’s mind..
                      What I am fairly sure about is a Pearce and Cronk combo won’t work,and as you said Keary would most probably walk..Which will be a disaster!

Comment

So what u r saying Novice is that Robbo is prepared to write his death warrant over his loyalty to Pearce and Friend. Cronk and Pearce in the halves has disaster written all over it. Keary is a perfect fit for Cronk which Pearce aint.

Pearce aint a 5/8. He wouldnt know what a classic running 5/8 even looks like. He has no spontaneity and telegraphs his runs and kicks. He couldn't spark up a firecracker let alone a backline.
                        Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 10-24-2017, 04:16 PM.
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

if the answer to most of above questions were negative, would you accept them as a trade off for a roosters tittle?
                          The whole CRONK = PREMIERSHIP perspective is so ridiculous and flawed i don't know where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                            Surely Keary’s form last year is enough to hold his spot,but now you’ve worried me with the loyalty card..
                            I do hope you’re wrong NC,though I’m not sure what’s going on in Robbo’s mind..
                            What I am fairly sure about is a Pearce and Cronk combo won’t work,and as you said Keary would most probably walk..Which will be a disaster!
                            I agree with all of this.

I can't fathom anyone being dumb enough to shift Keary from 5/8 - least of all our coach.

He's one of the most naturally talented halves in the comp and entering his prime after coming off an OUTSTANDING season.

But the more people mention the Pearce to 5/8 the more scared I'm getting. It'd be a disastrous move that'd probably see us lose Keary, not to mention be less dynamic on that left edge.

Surely SURELY Robbo isn't even contemplating this.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

The whole CRONK = PREMIERSHIP perspective is so ridiculous and flawed i don't know where to begin.
                              Cronk plus tedesco would equel rooster short priced title favorites. But it was a hypothetical question

Comment

Cronk or no Cronk, the Cowboys are surely title favourites.

You add Thurston, Scott and McLean to a GF team and that's looking ridiculous. Their pack could well abuse ours.

Lolo, Scott, McLean, Bolton, Hess, Lowe, Cooper... with THAT spine?

We shouldn't be favourites next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X