No announcement yet.

Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Along with Cronks backstory...how about one of the reasons Sonny Bill came to play for us? Because his dad was also a fanatical Roosters supporter....

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post

Was thinking the same. Moley reads the Chookpen.

Andfor the haters, I like Tony Adams. One of the few that interacts on Twitter and doesn't block unless it's for a good reason.
      Agreed, he's one of the best

Comment

• I think Cronk is strongly leaning towards retiring but only wants to announce it when he's 100% sure.

Comment

• Apparently Paul Kent reckons the roosters have made enquiries with the NRL about the NRL's expectation of how to fit Cronk under the cap. Apparently Kent was pretty confident of his source about that information.

A good sign if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronterooster View Post
            Seeing that it's the off season I thought i'd share a bit of info on Cooper Cronk for those who'd like to add a little fuel to the current rumour of him joining the Chooks.

Firstly, Cooper's uncles Gary and Steve were both Bronte locals and surfers, Gary Cronk was a particularly well known and respected surfer at Bronte. When Gary passed away approximately 5 years ago the Storm wore black arm bands.

Steve and Gary's other brother was Cooper's Dad (who's name eludes me at the time of writing). Cooper's dad wasn't a Bronte local, more of a Bondi Boy I think, but he was a full on Bondi United man, both a player and clubman. He was also a madly passionate Rooster's fan. An old friend who knows both Cooper's Dad and I said to me the other day "He was as crazy for the Roosters as you are".

But alas, like many others of that generation the changing Sydney city life wasn't for them and Cooper grew up a Queenslander!

So there's a bit of background info.

Now I will add - Three weeks ago a friend of mine who is a high roller bookie told me about Cronk joining the Roosters. I laughed at the idea. He said it was all the talk in gambling circles. I'll admit It is true that the big time punters are always hunting for and often the first to find out the early mail. There's big money in it for them.

Anyway, make of it all what you will.

I have no legitimate inside info on the situation but my gut feeling is that he'll be at the Roosters next year. For 2 years I reckon. Surely he can't retire, he's injury free and playing too well, and the money is way better than any tv gig. He's moving to Sydney, we know that, so if he does play on I can't see any other Sydney club being a better fit. Nick has influence and it's the type of deal that I could see him making. It just reeks of Uncle Nick... And Cronk's got Rooster blood for god sake!

We'll see I guess?
            Classic. The Mole plagiarized you, just about word for word. Hit him up on twitter for your commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

Yep spot on Jack,but i hope its not with us.Probably cost a million dollars,Pearce would have to move to hooker then what do you do with friend .Do we really need Cronk? we have a very good roster add tedesco to our lineup,Stop playing forwards in the backline and get tough with a couple of our forwards that are not delivering every week and we will be there for the big dance next year imo.
              I keep reading this on here, but I don't think Robbo was left with much choice. Mitchell and Manu both struggle to cope defensively when defending in the centres, so he looked to do the only thing he could to shore up those deficiencies and that was to play Maubs and Matto there to try and stem the flow of points that were being leaked on both edges. I really don't think our results would have improved if we had played Mitchell and Manu in the centres. We might have scored an extra try or two, but probably would have leaked an extra 2 or 3 each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I keep reading this on here, but I don't think Robbo was left with much choice. Mitchell and Manu both struggle to cope defensively when defending in the centres, so he looked to do the only thing he could to shore up those deficiencies and that was to play Maubs and Matto there to try and stem the flow of points that were being leaked on both edges. I really don't think our results would have improved if we had played Mitchell and Manu in the centres. We might have scored an extra try or two, but probably would have leaked an extra 2 or 3 each game.
                Maybe headless, but when latrell moved to the center against the broncs he won us the game.Thats the only reason our season didn't end right there.We will see if robbo persists with this ploy but i doubt it.I reckon Manu will start at right center and latrell will start at left.Both will be doing plenty of work with tedesco under the watchfull eye of Mr Taylor.Lethal combination, if you look at the roosters backline for next year its lethal theres no room for matto and aubs in it.It really hurt the pack this year without Aubo running wide in the forwards.,We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I think this Manu can't defend thing went over the top. We won 12 of 15 when Manu played. You still have to score tries to win. Our attack was very limited with both Maubs and Matto in our backline.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                    Our attack was very limited with both Maubs and Matto in our backline.
                    Limited isn't the word or word's I would have used, non existent would be more like it, We had Latrell and that was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Thanks for the education lesson man.
                      Cheeky bugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X