Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS (Return to Sydney) ?

Hey Guys,

I read on one of those Facebook NRL pages that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (RTS) is contemplating on perhaps a return to the Roosters at some point after his contract ends at the end of the 2018 season. Obviously he signed a 3-year contract with the New Zealand Warriors on big money and the opportunity to play as Captain but from what I read was that he has had enough of the "bro culture, the warriors poor performance in the last two season and the departure of Foran" Even with an international spine the Warriors have been a massive let down and I wouldn't blame RTS for wanting to play for a club that is 1. professional 2. plays finals footy.

Would it be worth to get RTS back to the Chooks ? Perhaps after Mick Gordon leaves next year he could play outside Ferguo on the wing ? or would it be more wise to blood a young gun from the lower grades in ?

I'm no player manager or expert but I'm guessing RTS would have to take a big pay cut to come back to the Roosters.

Thoughts....?

Cheers,

Isn't he on close to a million a year at the Warriors?

Sad to wave him goodbye at the wharf, but that ship has sailed. (Even sadder to hear that it is taking on water and is slowly sinking into the Tasman Sea)

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      Isn't he on close to a million a year at the Warriors?

Sad to wave him goodbye at the wharf, but that ship has sailed. (Even sadder to hear that it is taking on water and is slowly sinking into the Tasman Sea)
      Um mate I believe he is on about $850K a season with the NZ Warriors. Still that's a fair bit of coin !

($850K NZD is approx $770K AUD)

Comment

Amazingly we have a better fullback now.

RTS is not needed and nor is he affordable.

Let him rot under Stephen Kearney and play for spoons.

Comment

I reckon if he leaves the warriors he will go back to rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Um mate I believe he is on about $850K a season with the NZ Warriors. Still that's a fair bit of coin !

($850K NZD is approx $770K AUD)
            I think you will find he is on $850K AUD. Their cap is in AUD not NZD.
            They also have a much lower tax rate than ours so I would imagine the Aussie equivalent would be much higher to match his current take home pay.
            I doubt the Roosters would take back an ex-girlfriend where it wasn't an amicable split.

Comment

The Roosters have secured the services of the players' player winner for 2017 in James Tedesco. Thus the Roosters have no need for RTS. I agree with "The ticket" - I see Roger going back to rugby.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If he turns up at the front door, we should treat him like you would a gyppo offering to tarmac your drive.

Comment

Let's bring him back to tie Teddy's laces.

Being a spine player he could demand and would get huge money elsewhere. We already have a fullback. So why would he come back to us?

Comment

No thanks to RTS. I suspect he has picked up some bad habits over the ditch that may take him some time to forget. He has been a shadow of the player he was for us, espec since the knee injury.

We have some good young kids we can bring through, just like we did RTS. And at a much cheaper cost. And then there's Teddy at the back, and I doubt RTS will want to spend the next few years playing on the wing.
                    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

no thanks, go talk to sbw about rugby?

Comment

RTS siblings and both parents live in Sydney.

Comment

i thought he said a couple of years ago his dream was always to play for the all blacks, and being an ex rep of NZ at school level i wouldnt be surprised him taking the jump across codes, not sure if he will earn the same amount or not. Sad to say but his time has past, he missed his chance to be one of the best in the game when he came back home. Sorry RTS we've moved

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one out. Not sure where we would fit him but I'd welcome him back. My daughters love him and will never forget the feelings he gave them watching him play

Comment

I'd love him back as a winger on winger's money but that's just not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X