Bench FROM

Matto
    STI
    Tetivano
    Watto
    Evans
    Radley
    Collins
    I actually saw both of them in the gents last night & they are both practically the same size. They were both polite & happy to have a chat.

Comment

I cant work out why you pick Toops in the 17 & only give him what was it 7 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        I cant work out why you pick Toops in the 17 & only give him what was it 7 minutes.
        I reckon Mickie that Robbo thought Toops was not 100% but was close. So he put him on the bench and would bring him on if our attack looked flat. It never looked flat at any stage so he kept him on ice but when the Broncs hit back and got to the lead he knew we needed one more try and put him on. As it turns out he wasn't 100% - i hope the talk that it's just scar tissue tearing is true and he is good to go in two weeks. However we are proving hard to beat even with second rowers in the centres! At times it doesn't look good but we just keep finding the extra little bit to win games. It's such a great sign for our chances this year IMO. If we can keep winning big games by 2 points that will do me for two more games. Mitchell - what a try!

I thought we looked very sharp in attack Friday. Remember we had two tries disallowed, and two guys fall over or pull up just short of the line. We created opportunities almost at will. Just some dumb form us got them back in it, and some individual brilliance from Hunt. I also reckon Oates dropped that ball the same way Mitchell did so their score was flattering to them.

BTW how quick does Aubo look when he finds some space, granted he cant seem to find the right pass to ever hit Fergo and finish it off but i am really surprised by the pace Aubo has shown a few times in the last four games.
        Last edited by The Lip; 09-11-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Queen Salvo hasn't seen the MRI scans for the initial tests for Toops - scarring is a result of the injury- Intensive rehab required and possibly surgery maybe required at seasons end- depends on the grade - man those MRI's do my head in -such a small space - I've actually recently done my Rotator cuff full thickness tear - Supraspinatus and also Biceps Brachii muscle full thickness tear - requires surgery - 6 to 8 weeks in a sling and 6 to 12 months rehab recovery - not had the surgery yet - I suspect the injury was from my baseball pitching days- weakening of these muscles and tendons -age as well
          That's what they call Tommy John surgery. right?
          SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

They have to take the risk in sudden death.
            We took that same risk with Pearce 2 years ago when he was not ready, medicos advised he should not play, he played and lasted 10 minutes, Hope Toops does not end up the same way
            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I actually saw both of them in the gents last night & they are both practically the same size. They were both polite & happy to have a chat.
              TMI. When I'm in the gents I mind my own business and just look straight ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

No, that's surgery at the elbow on the ulnar collateral ligament, not shoulder surgery.

Comment

Fairly common with baseball pitchers for obvious reasons.

Comment

Injury report on the website says toops is fine - no damage done and is back to full contact training today. Hopefully with Physio and the week off he is 100% in two weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
                      Injury report on the website says toops is fine - no damage done and is back to full contact training today. Hopefully with Physio and the week off he is 100% in two weeks!
                      We tend to be pretty honest about injuries, so that is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

No - Tommy John is surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow- replacement tendons are used from another part of the body or from a cadaver to replace the torn ligament- It's called Tommy John surgery after a US Major league Baseball pitcher of the same name -used the relevant tendon from his other arm - had the surgery in 1974 and had 1975 off as well for rehab - came back in 1976 and pitched professionally until 1989(26 years as a pitcher in the US Major league Baseball- 1963- 1989) - first player to have this surgery thus how it got it's name- LARS surgery for ACL's are similar using tendons from other parts of the body/artificial or from cadaver's -

Back in the mid 1970'S they didn't have c scans or mri's - only x-rays which cannot determine ligament/tendon/muscle damage and surgery wasn't up to the type required to fix such injuries mostly - why many sports people retired with similar injuries especially ACL's earlier before surgery caught up - c-scans and mri's greatly helped to determine these injuries and what management was required- surgery/rehab etc.- New surgical techniques were thus developed and have been developing ever since.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VDRVRV

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VDRVRV

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...0D4A&FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3&&FORM=VDRVRV
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 09-13-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          Fairly common with baseball pitchers for obvious reasons.
                          Growing issue with pitchers- we used to be limited in junior baseball on how many pitchers you threw per game and when a pitcher could throw off speed pitches such as curve balls for instance. - under 14's was 40 pitches- no curve balls / under 16's 60- start practicing curve balls and under 18's 80 including when you could throw curve balls in a game- baseball you have 4 seam fast ball//two seam fast ball/curve ball/slider/split finger fast ball/cutter/fork ball/knuckle ball/change up etc

These pitchers (fast balls) high 90 MPH even 106 MPH some of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqehPE88eg

Nolan Ryan I remember was recorded as the fastest pitcher in MBL - 108.1 MPH

http://www.efastball.com/baseball/st...major-leagues/

always funny to these - bad calls in Baseball - many of the batters being ejected from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N43uj4MBNU
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 09-14-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

No sign of Toops in the weekly training photos.

Comment

He normally wears the bucket hat. There are a few in the snaps but I think you might be right they might be Evans?

Comment

Getting Toups back into the team should make a huge difference. Credit to Matto for doing his best but with Toops back on the wing and Latrell back in the centres our left side should be deadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X