No announcement yet.

Toops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few pics of manu and latrell together, maybe tupou doing a little rehab or rest and manu just training in his spot?

Comment

wont see Toops training till next week
      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
        few pics of manu and latrell together, maybe tupou doing a little rehab or rest and manu just training in his spot?
        Latrell and Joey were a dynamite combination in the U-20's and both junior internationals. They have great improvisational skills and natural attacking flair which hasn't been trained out of them. Defence is the worry, although Manu is strong in positional cover, evidenced by him running down speedster Bevan French over 80 metres last year. Front on he has struggled this year against the stronger wide running second rowers.
        Toops and Latrell also have a great combination and Toops has stepped up in responsibility. He is concentrating a lot better and not giving up possession or throwing impossible passes in our danger zone. Hope he can get back in shape for the big ones. But I also think Joey has learnt his defensive lessons and will do the job if needed. Good to have such depth.

Comment

Agreed Louis. I'll reserve Joey judgment until mid 2018. I expect a major improvement.. he is only young
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

How good is Latrell Mitchell. I just love this guy. Hope he spends his entire career with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Latrell and Joey were a dynamite combination in the U-20's and both junior internationals. They have great improvisational skills and natural attacking flair which hasn't been trained out of them. Defence is the worry, although Manu is strong in positional cover, evidenced by him running down speedster Bevan French over 80 metres last year. Front on he has struggled this year against the stronger wide running second rowers.
              Toops and Latrell also have a great combination and Toops has stepped up in responsibility. He is concentrating a lot better and not giving up possession or throwing impossible passes in our danger zone. Hope he can get back in shape for the big ones. But I also think Joey has learnt his defensive lessons and will do the job if needed. Good to have such depth.
              Nah, Joey is not ready and we cannot possibly risk a semi final by relying on him to suddenly start defending well against most of the remaining teams who have exceptional wingers, centres, and wide running back rowers.

He's gonna be a super star, thats a given IMO. But he won't be ready until he learns to tackle front on and no more of this arms only type defence. He has to tackle with his body front on - see Luke Keary. I think this will get easier with time and experience and then be natural for him. He definitely needs to work on his size also. He needs to bulk up a bit, and work on his strength. Until this happens, I see flash in the centre's next year or wing rotating with either Fergo or Latrell when attacking. But then again the Flash experiment may fail as really has lost a lot of pace as he gets older and won't get any faster.

For the remainder of 2017, I think Robbo will stick with Maubs and Matto in the centres when defending. We look much stronger defending with this combo. In attack there will obviously be rotation. Hope Toups is as close to 100% fit as possible - we really need him out there. If fit, maybe Matto will go back into the forwards, and latrell to smash his opposing centre in every remaining game, which WILL be 2.

GO ROOSTERS
              Last edited by PeeGee; 09-14-2017, 11:11 PM.
              Roosters For Ever

Comment

Ive got my doubts about Toups for the remainder of this year. I think the groin is going to be a continual problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  Ive got my doubts about Toups for the remainder of this year. I think the groin is going to be a continual problem.
                  We cant win it without him
                  "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post

We cant win it without him
                    He has to be 100% fit for the Chooks to win it.

Comment

Working...
                    X