GAME DAY THREAD - Brisbane Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

If he does it will be because he is told to.
    What do you mean by that mickie

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron 31 View Post
      Lots of my friends writing this roosters side off on account of the games against the Titans and Tigers, but they aint seen nothing yet. This roosters side never seems to play well against the cellar dwellers. Im expecting route one footy straight down the middle of the park with limited handling errors tonight from our big men and Tupou also coming in and taking a strong run. We've just gotta play the game in their half and not give up cheap possession and territory. Broncs defense is the worse Ive seen it in a few years and I reckon Abuson will have a field day down Roberts edge. Big win tonight for the chooks.
      Most people out there would prefer to see Roosters lose, I'd say. Stuff em !

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post

Most people out there would prefer to see Roosters lose, I'd say. Stuff em !
        Just read a few interesting stats
        Roosters are 3rd worse in errors this year
        Brisbane are 2nd best

But we have em in line breaks. Over 5 more on average per game. Should be more with their hooker and Sims out.
        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Just read a few interesting stats
          Roosters are 3rd worse in errors this year
          Brisbane are 2nd best

But we have em in line breaks. Over 5 more on average per game. Should be more with their hooker and Sims out.
          I don't know whats gotten in to me today, and this is not robbo in disguise, but we just need to worry about getting ourselves bang on, and not worry or predict or get caught up in Broncos... they're not mysterious... an 80 minutes of hot potato ad lib plays are coming our way.

And If i have to hear one more person hype up how Benji is going to have a blinder.. WTF! yeah ok That could happen, A broken clock is right twice a day, too.

Comment

Wayne Bennett still hasn't been able to beat Robbo at the SFS.

0 from 5 attempts.

Usually I don't read a lot into these short of things but just found it interesting that Bennett said he was confident going down to Sydney so thought I'd look into the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron 31 View Post
              Lots of my friends writing this roosters side off on account of the games against the Titans and Tigers, but they aint seen nothing yet. This roosters side never seems to play well against the cellar dwellers. Im expecting route one footy straight down the middle of the park with limited handling errors tonight from our big men and Tupou also coming in and taking a strong run. We've just gotta play the game in their half and not give up cheap possession and territory. Broncs defense is the worse Ive seen it in a few years and I reckon Abuson will have a field day down Roberts edge. Big win tonight for the chooks.
              Our downfall in our last two final losses was our discipline and Brisbane easily put us away 31-12. A vastly different Easts must turn up tonight to have even a remote chance.
              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                Wayne Bennett still hasn't been able to beat Robbo at the SFS.

0 from 5 attempts.

Usually I don't read a lot into these short of things but just found it interesting that Bennett said he was confident going down to Sydney so thought I'd look into the stats.
                likewise, I saw a headline last night about how this is like a home game for them and they're so comfortable at Allianz, I nearly choked on my hot cocoa.
                You cant be that comfortable if you don't even sit in the Coaches box then, Wayney boy !!

Comment

Our big advantage is in the middle third and through our forwards. If we can play for maximum possession, meaning no potplant penalties and striving for a repeat six rather than risky sideline or rushed plays then we will wear their defense out. Then it will be easy to post points. Their strength lies in their speed. But that's only useful when they have the ball. Dominating possession should be the key.
                  I think they will kick to our territory and try and force us into errors. They will probably also kick behind our outside backs and have their quicker men moving through. Last year at Suncorp they did the same and turned the game around after we led. When we were well on top they offered us the two points and stupidly we took them. That decision changed the game. If it happens again we can't be tempted into cheap offerings when momentum is ours and their defense it tiring.

Go for the extra six as there's every chance you will score, get another drop out, or at the least get another offer of a penalty. But as long as they are tackling our big men and not running them around then we will tire them and without a lot of possession their speed men and offloads are a reduced risk. It's a matter off patience and control. Admittedly not one of our best assets but needed from here on in..
                  '.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

Our downfall in our last two final losses was our discipline and Brisbane easily put us away 31-12. A vastly different Easts must turn up tonight to have even a remote chance.
                    Keeping JWH & Pearce on the field and not throwing stupid intercept 50 seconds will be more helpful.

Comment

Thaiday, who I believe to be a fat lard arse, for some reason always saves his best for JWH. Just seems to take it personal against him.
                      We gotta stop their offloads. And we gotta stop the piggy back penalties.

What's the weather like down there?
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

It's sunny but cool and a little breezy down here in Syd. Perfect early Spring day actually. Will get a little chilly tonight though, espec at the game
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Meant to be 13 degrees at game time.

Comment

What crowd are you expecting?

I'll guess 21,013

Comment

Yo I reckon there or abouts. Maybe 19,732. This is like guessing how many jelly beans are in the jar you know what Im sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                                Meant to be 13 degrees at game time.
                                Any late mail on the dew point

Comment

Working...
                                X