This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the man/woman behind the Keyboard

Not directly footy related but better to post this on the main forum if anyone knows what is going on?

Wondering whether there is a problem with registering or just that nobody wants to register on the Chookpen anymore. I doubt that as I would imagine Mickie Lane and Honkers might be sweating a bit if they are not on 1 or 2 week bans.

The reason I am wondering this is I noticed that the newest member Stermamun (see below) has been our newest member since mid February. Now it is late May so I find it hard to imagine no one has since tried to register as a member of this great place.

Maybe new registrants were stopped during the upgrade to stop the spammers infiltrating this site but the concern I have is that we are a dwindling community. Addiotnally former posters who may have lost or forgotten their passwords are unable to get back on to join the discussion here.

stermamun

Last Activity: 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
    Last edited by Red.; 05-31-2017, 01:50 PM. Reason: As requested
    Originally posted by tigerstragic1994
    It looked like a light hearted cheap shot, but as a 10+ year Roosters member who attends home games regularly it does make the blood boil

Shit website, shit moderators, shit forum posters and shit fanbase.

Just look at this place, it's a mess. There's often three different threads on the home page all discussing the same thing and more often than not, there's some sort of personal attack going on.

There's many reasons why esteemed and well-liked posters such as stsae, chook56, filthyralph etc left the forum and why hardly any new people join.

Comment

Originally posted by keggs View Post

Just look at this place, it's a mess. There's often three different threads on the home page all discussing the same thing and more often than not, there's some sort of personal attack going on.

There's many reasons why esteemed and well-liked posters such as stsae, chook56, filthyralph etc left the forum and why hardly any new people join.
      If everything is 'shit' as you say WTF are you doing here ?? I know if i had all those thoughts on a site I can guarantee you I wouldn't waste my time logging onto it!

Comment

Thanks Keggs!! 🙄
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

dc kegs is still upset he lost game day thread privileges

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
            Not directly footy related but better to post this on the main forum if anyone knows what is going on?

Wondering whether there is a problem with registering or just that nobody wants to register on the Chookpen anymore. I doubt that as I would imagine Mickie Lane and Honkers might be sweating a bit if they are not on 1 or 2 week bans.

The reason I am wondering this is I noticed that the newest member Stermamun (see below) has been our newest member since mid February. Now it is late May so I find it hard to imagine no one has since tried to register as a member of this great place.

Maybe new registrants were stopped during the upgrade to stop the spammers infiltrating this site but the concern I have is that we are a dwindling community. Addiotnally former posters who may have lost or forgotten their passwords are unable to get back on to join the discussion here.

stermamun

Last Activity: 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest if they have (by accident i hope) tuned the vbulletin settings to allow no new members.

Although the website owners/administrators hearts are in the right place - and i thank them for running the forum - this website must surely change hands soon, otherwise it'll simply die off. They simply aren't up to the job - fair enough, not all of us are good at running websites.

But forums like this are critical to fostering community around our great club.

For the past 2 years it has been rife with technical problems - missing posts on threads, posts not uploading, inadequate server space purchased, other problems with the host etc.

For this reason, i dont come back here nearly as often as i used to. There is another small close knit rooster forum however that i frequent.

Comment

I didn't notice that there have not been any new posters. I'm still relatively new here so don't really know what to look for.

I'm guessing by all the accusations on here after I joined, that there are users with multiple IDs so maybe someone was checking to see if the banned people have resurfaced under a new knick.

There's a thought... if Mickey was to register again, what would his new name be?

I will go with Schizo Lane
              I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Keggs nobody is forcing you to be here. Why don't you Logoff!

Comment

Couple of simpletons in this thread already.

I enjoy coming here, posting occasionally and speculating about possible signings (eg Teddy).

That doesn't detract from the fact that of each NRL clubs unofficial forums, ours is the worst by far.

Comment

I'm offended.

I like this website.
                    The moderators have defamation and legal restrictions as to what appears in writing at this site...as I see it.
                    Also forum rules to enforce.

Personal attacks on other forum members are not allowed at most sites, as I see it.

This site is "the internet" ... buy a ticket to ride it ... get ready for different opinions, and people from all walks of life.

Comment

Couple of simpletons in this thread already.

I enjoy coming here, posting occasionally and speculating about possible signings (eg Teddy).

That doesn't detract from the fact that of each NRL clubs unofficial forums, ours is the worst by far.
                      That's a matter of opinion.
                      I like this site and hope it continues for many years to come.

And I thank greatly those who are providing it, and the work they do to keep it going.

Comment

Well, to be fair, that was a shit post. You've balanced things out well.

Despite tech problems I wouldn't understand, I think this site is a good layout and easy to navigate.

Moderators are human and make mistakes, but the ones here seem pretty fair. I don't think R6 likes me at all but I haven't been banned.............yet.

Not all posters are shit. You still post occasionally, and you're simply the best.

Shit fanbase???????????????
                        Roosters fans are the best in the world bar none.
                        Fair dinkum, we've had to put up with so much crap for so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post

I'm offended.

I like this website.
                          The moderators have defamation and legal restrictions as to what appears in writing at this site...as I see it.
                          Also forum rules to enforce.

Personal attacks on other forum members are not allowed at most sites, as I see it.

This site is "the internet" ... buy a ticket to ride it ... get ready for different opinions, and people from all walks of life.
                          I actually agree with keggs on some of what he said. Usually if someone speaks their mind and is somewhat truthful, it does cause offence.

I'm happy to be allowed to post here so I won't make any public complaints even if the place isn't perfect or follows it's own rules from time to time.

Comment

I'd put you in top off the list of the major turnoffs with this website
                            Your abusive nature and general patheticness knows no bounds
                            My first interaction started with you calling me a troll just because my nick
                            ended with 1971. Lol. Tosser.

Comment

Originally posted by liver1971 View Post

I'd put you in top off the list of the major turnoffs with this website
                              Your abusive nature and general patheticness knows no bounds
                              My first interaction started with you calling me a troll just because my nick
                              ended with 1971. Lol. Tosser.
                              You is OLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X