Roosters vs Knights match discussion Friend to start on the bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It is a point... they seem to shy away from making calls that a big crowd will hate because they'll get reviewed due to the noise being made. So... 50:50? Go towards the home team.

We never get that and it's partly because our fans never show up!! Besides that awesome Asian dude who always shows up with his banners no matter where we are. Give him a medal!!
    Hi name is Wayne and he even goes to watch Bondi United under 8s with that flag of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

​Friend is number 4 QLD Dummy half behind Smith/McCullough/Granville on current form- his game has stagnated and rather gone backwards over the past 18 months or more- cannot solely be a tackling machine at dummy half- need to have tricks up your sleeve - running and kicking game for an example- he is behind these other three in that department and this also affects the teams attack as our attack then relies on Pearce too much
      Is this inside info?!

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post

think Robbo is trying things to fix our horrific second half fadeouts, Carter will play 20 minutes and Friend the final 60 minutes.
        Seems to be.
        80 mins for a tackling machine these days is a lot too long, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          Hi name is Wayne and he even goes to watch Bondi United under 8s with that flag of his.
          I can't remember the last time I haven't seen that flag in a crowd home or away, good life when you can follow your team around from nth qld to NZ for 6months!

Any idea what the flag means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
            bondi boy will be happy.

Didn't read this forum before travelling to the match.

At the match couldn't really see all that well.

I was very confused.

Took me a while to work out what was going on...Manu in 3...'replacing Latrell'...all good.
            Next minute I saw him on the right with Fergo on that wing.
            Then I saw SKD was in no 5 and playing centre next to Toops.

Manu scored at right centre.
            "Leave him there" I thought to myself. .."but what happens to Latrell?"

I liked SKD back at centre
            Fergo played well on the wing, from what I could see.

What I didn't like was Toops being passed on the outside as the Knights winger or whoever waltzed over in the corner.
            If Toops had covered the sideline, our defence that came across could well have stopped the centre from scoring..

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It is a point... they seem to shy away from making calls that a big crowd will hate because they'll get reviewed due to the noise being made. So... 50:50? Go towards the home team.

We never get that and it's partly because our fans never show up!! Besides that awesome Asian dude who always shows up with his banners no matter where we are. Give him a medal!!
              If you had to sit anywhere near him you would give him a muzzle not a medal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

If you had to sit anywhere near him you would give him a muzzle not a medal.
                Haha, I sat in front of him once, realised who was making that noise and vowed I would rather walk to the pub across the road and watch the match on Tv if I was ever in that situation again.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Haha, I sat in front of him once, realised who was making that noise and vowed I would rather walk to the pub across the road and watch the match on Tv if I was ever in that situation again.
                  What noise does mr giggetty make?
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

I sat near him at Belmore back in the 90's. I vowed never to be stuck in that situation again. Then tragically on the roosters origin thing a few years ago they sat me and my wife in front of him. It was my wife's first ever game. For some reason she has never wanted to go again.

Don't get me wrong. I really admire his passion. But I would prefer it a few decibels less and every five minutes instead of every five seconds.
                    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 04-15-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post

What noise does mr giggetty make?
                      Axeman you really gotta experience it for yourself.

I too admire his passion, but I compare it to the sound that jim Carey makes in the movie dumb and dumber where he asks " do you know what the most annoying sound in the world sounds like?"

How he still has a voice that can do that for 80min is astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

​Friend is number 4 QLD Dummy half behind Smith/McCullough/Granville on current form- his game has stagnated and rather gone backwards over the past 18 months or more- cannot solely be a tackling machine at dummy half- need to have tricks up your sleeve - running and kicking game for an example- he is behind these other three in that department and this also affects the teams attack as our attack then relies on Pearce too much
                        Rubbish. Friend has been really good this year - far better than what he dished up last year.

His service has been first class and his defence goes without saying. He's even managed a few decent kicks as well.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Rubbish. Friend has been really good this year - far better than what he dished up last year.

His service has been first class and his defence goes without saying. He's even managed a few decent kicks as well.
                          The 40/20 against the Dogs was terrific.

Keary was interviewed after the game saying Nugget was crook and couldnt train during the week. That was rhe reason for him not starting apparently.
                          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

I'm not sure his service has been that great.

When passing right to left, he seems to lean back and throw an flat pass. By the team the receiver gets it he is under pressure.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• I agree with Vasco. I don't rate friends service,

Comment

• Go the Chooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X