Roosters vs Knights match discussion Friend to start on the bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
    I hope Robbo spends 10k if not 100k tonight and calls out the officials cheating.
    was just thinking the same thing

Comment

I hope Robbo spends 10k if not 100k tonight and calls out the officials cheating.

No point doing it like that. If the club had a solid case, they should submit evidence as to why we're penalised and why don't we receive the same when others do it to us. How hard is it to collate video evidence and then send it to the NRL and Archer for a please explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

No point doing it like that. If the club had a solid case, they should submit evidence as to why we're penalised and why don't we receive the same when others do it to us. How hard is it to collate video evidence and then send it to the NRL and Archer for a please explain?
        It's best to do it after a win, so it doesn't look like sour grapes. The absolute refusal of the refs to give us penalties is blatant. The non penalty to Keary a disgrace, the non policing of Newcastle standing offside was as clear as day. There is no doubt whatsoever they are under instructions from Archer to keep the game close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

C'mon PeeGee I want just one full positive post from you before 2017 is out.
          Yeah point taken R6. So I'm a negative prick. I'm not the only one.

Actually I'd say I'm constructive, even if the truth hurts. Read my post again.

Read some of the other posts I'm not alone

Who used to write 'we play for premierships'.
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

It's best to do it after a win, so it doesn't look like sour grapes. The absolute refusal of the refs to give us penalties is blatant. The non penalty to Keary a disgrace, the non policing of Newcastle standing offside was as clear as day. There is no doubt whatsoever they are under instructions from Archer to keep the game close.

I agree with the grievance but it's been done before after a game by Robbo, Toovey, Hassler and the rest and nothing gets done except cop a fine and the coaches looking like 'sour grapes . If it hasn't been tried before, then hardcore evidence may be the way to go...

Comment

• We are averaging about 4.5 penalties for a match, not sure where that sits in regards to the rest of the teams.

Comment

• Good improvement from last week. Ball control the highlight and more urgency in dee esp on our line.

Best on ground Cordner....next I thought Fergo, Gordon, Keary and JWH worthy of mentions.

Upside SST...hes back. Downside....Matto...hope not too serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
                  Much improved focussed Effort tonight BUT surely these bombs must be getting to you guys.
                  We still look so robotic. Farking hell.
                  No Cordner tonight, big worries.

I'm glad our scramble was better. I'm
                  Glad Gordon kicked well, Another SKD HEART STOPPING ERROR in the play the
                  Ball.

Refereeing was atrocious. If that's what we are up against all year, then good night

Now for the Merge next week.

Any news on Matto?
                  Robotic !! It's why I call them Robbo's Robots The socio demographic hang up towards our club and the Eastern Suburbs rared its ugly head again by corrupt officialdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    We are averaging about 4.5 penalties for a match, not sure where that sits in regards to the rest of the teams.
                    The Knights conceded an average of 7 penalties in their last three games... but, as so often occurs when teams play the Roosters in front of a vocal home crowd, they miraculously improved this week.

Comment

• Lack of penalties usually means we are going ok.

The NRL are scared we might have a chance of winning the comp.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Very average tonight need to really improve for the next game - 11 day break a big help if utilised by Robbo-needs to really work on attack /defence and improving the skills of individuals and their choices in games etc- better teams would have put the Knights away well before half time- time for de-structured footy as this wear the opposition down stuff over the years is strangling the games evolvement and player development and skills. If Artie was playing in this time the coach would ban him from any offloads for sure- teams game plans are so structured and this has to change - Need another revolutionary like Big Jack Gibson to change the way the game is currently played. How many times will Pearce kick to Toops on the 5th knowing it wont work and hasn't worked all game but will continue to do it as it's the structured game plan to do so?
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-14-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          Very average tonight need to really improve for the next game - 11 day break a big help if utilised by Robbo-needs to really work on attack /defence and improving the skills of individuals and their choices in games etc- better teams would have put the Knights away well before half time- time for de-structured footy as this wear the opposition down stuff over the years is strangling the games evolvement and player development and skills. If Artie was playing in this time the coach would ban him from any offloads for sure- teams game plans are so structured and this has to change - Need another revolutionary like Big Jack Gibson to change the way the game is currently played. How many times will Pearce kick to Toops on the 5th knowing it wont work and hasn't worked all game but will continue to do it as it's the structured game plan to do so?
                          The only team that has put the knights away all year is Penrith, and we beat them at home.

The Anzac Day game is usually a cracker, pretty hard for the team to not lift for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                            Friend struggling with something?
                            ​Friend is number 4 QLD Dummy half behind Smith/McCullough/Granville on current form- his game has stagnated and rather gone backwards over the past 18 months or more- cannot solely be a tackling machine at dummy half- need to have tricks up your sleeve - running and kicking game for an example- he is behind these other three in that department and this also affects the teams attack as our attack then relies on Pearce too much
                            Last edited by King Salvo; 04-15-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

The Knights conceded an average of 7 penalties in their last three games... but, as so often occurs when teams play the Roosters in front of a vocal home crowd, they miraculously improved this week.
                              It is a point... they seem to shy away from making calls that a big crowd will hate because they'll get reviewed due to the noise being made. So... 50:50? Go towards the home team.

We never get that and it's partly because our fans never show up!! Besides that awesome Asian dude who always shows up with his banners no matter where we are. Give him a medal!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It is a point... they seem to shy away from making calls that a big crowd will hate because they'll get reviewed due to the noise being made. So... 50:50? Go towards the home team.

We never get that and it's partly because our fans never show up!! Besides that awesome Asian dude who always shows up with his banners no matter where we are. Give him a medal!!
                                Giggetty
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X