No announcement yet.

Go Forward - it goes missing every week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched a replay of the presser. Thought Robbo made some very good points as did Cords.
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

The amount of extra set of six and the mighty effort to hold the vermin out in wet conditions after a tough game only 5 days before showed how good this team can be. On the 5 day turnaround some players adapt/recover better than others whereas I think Napa may be better off the bench thru the season. He was hammered last night as he was against the riff.if only he had some speed.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

What do you mean ''You're .....happy'. I have 4 personalities. Please don't judge me.

Yes I see positives and negatives from the first 4 weeks. I was just about to say that a another positive is that we've only let in 2 tries in 2 weeks.

Please do tell, are you really happy about the first 4 weeks?
        ​Yeah mate, I am. We're 4-0 at the top of the ladder, 3 of those 4 being away games. Originally most of us were hoping we'd make the bottom end of the 8 - we're now second favourites to win the comp.

​No team ever plays mistake free footy - especially us, but the defence looks rock solid, and we're looking very lively in attack with plenty of options.

​We played last night without 4 of our first 17, and never looked like losing. Can you tell me the last time that happened?

Comment

The away games is a good point. 8 of our first 12 matches are away from home so this is a very great start to the sewson we're having.

We have a stretch of 5 straight home games from rounds 16-21 (rnd 19 is a bye).

And we could quite easily by 11-4 or 12-3 at that stage so this start to the season in a very even comp has put us in a fantastic position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post

​Yeah mate, I am. We're 4-0 at the top of the ladder, 3 of those 4 being away games. Originally most of us were hoping we'd make the bottom end of the 8 - we're now second favourites to win the comp.

​No team ever plays mistake free footy - especially us, but the defence looks rock solid, and we're looking very lively in attack with plenty of options.

​We played last night without 4 of our first 17, and never looked like losing. Can you tell me the last time that happened?

Well written. All valid and true.

I should just be enjoying the present moment and all the things you've pointed out.

However, my problem is that I can't help but see that we've been dominated in 4 out of 4 second halves of footy for various reasons. And around the corner lie Storm, Sharks, Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, and Sharks.
            Roosters For Ever

Comment

However, my problem is that I can't help but see that we've been dominated in 4 out of 4 second halves of footy for various reasons
              While it's clearly the case that we've played better in the first half in all 4 matches, I don't think it's fair to say that we've been dominated in the second halfs at all.

I mean, there have been periods where the opposition has had ascendency, and those periods have occurred in the second half more so than in the first, but that's called football.

Last night Souths only had ascendency at that one point where Matto had a brain fart and created the opening for them to have 4 or 5 repeat sets eventually resulting in a boring try out wide. We handled that adversity bloody well and went on to dish out most of the punishment after that anyway.

So yeah, I agree that we will lose some matches this year, but we are in great shape, let's be clear, and I think last night was a great performance across 80 mins.
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

The best sign is our incredible depth.

People are talking about the players the Vermin were missing but perhaps they didn't realise that we were missing 4 players - 3 of them key players.

Friend, Fergo, SST and Evans.

I suspect it wasn't noticed because of the quality of our replacements.

Again, our depth is going to take us a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  Imagine if we were 0-4 instead of 4-0
                  You'd be leading the charge for over the top hysteria and wrist slitting like last year

Comment

What do you mean ''You're .....happy'. I have 4 personalities. Please don't judge me.

Yes I see positives and negatives from the first 4 weeks. I was just about to say that a another positive is that we've only let in 2 tries in 2 weeks.

Please do tell, are you really happy about the first 4 weeks?
                    Bloody oath I am. We are 4 and 0 won 3 of those away from home man. Robbo generally builds up his teams over the course of a long season by getting the defence set first.

Case in point 2013 and 2015 if it wasnt for Pearce and JWH getting injured late that season, we would have probably gone onto win the big dance again.
                    Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

the walls being rebuilt, (bigger and better) zane was awesome last night, again. hits as hard as $hit, runs fast and runs straight. napa walked with little impact and manu keeps doing a crapley. leaving the d line too early looking to shut down the early ball. we are playing a short d line. you cant leave the line.
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

They know they are the superior team so they let their foot off the gas a bit in the second halves but I reckon if the opposition is getting to close they will go up a gear.
                        They are undefeated & really haven't looked like getting beaten so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                          They know they are the superior team so they let their foot off the gas a bit in the second halves but I reckon if the opposition is getting to close they will go up a gear.
                          They are undefeated & really haven't looked like getting beaten so far this year.
                          the riff game. luck had alot to do with it
                          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

In fairness to the players, and if anyone who has ever played team sports in very bad weather like last night would know, that tends to even teams out. Had the weather been good, we could have had a cricket score, instead, the heavy ground made it hard work for our bigger players like Napa & Jarryd. They all looked 'of their feet' last night but still managed to control the score. there was never a chance that they were going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                              Had the weather been good, we could have had a cricket score...
                              We did have a cricket score. A Virat Kohli v's Mitchell Marsh cricket score.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

We did have a cricket score. A Virat Kohli v's Mitchell Marsh cricket score.
                                I don't like cricket, oh no!!!I hate it!
                                By the way was having a look at twitter last night and saw a tweet from Warner congratulating the team...Didn't see any from Smith...Fair weather supporter I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X