No announcement yet.

Jennings Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm loving this legal 101. Better than legal aid I say. Someone asks a question and our legal minds turn their's towards the question to respond. Don't have to pay a bill for the advice.

TBH I think a massive fine would have sufficed in Jennings instance. We the Dragons have got a massive three kick as his confidence would have soared since SOO. Massive game in context of the season, you need all hands on deck. So much so that it is a bigger three kick than laying down for penalties.
    Last edited by snogard_v2.0; 06-22-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post

You are way off the mark mate. As I said in another post, most police wouldn't charge someone for calling them all that anyway. The exception is if it's within hearing of the general public. Because IT IS OFFENSIVE TO THEM. The problem with your response and some others on here is that you are alluding to the fact that all police are the same. There are good and bad in most professions and I would say the vast majority are good. Most Police would not charge someone forswearing at them without a member of the public hearing.

And to send offensive texts is illegal under the Telecommunications Act to be honest.
      Thanks JC

Comment

• Thanks JC and ism. Great stuff.
        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Which section of the Crimes Act?
          Really? If you are an aspiring law student Ism then I suggest you study harder. Of fences to do with Public Places, Offensive Behaviour/Conduct, Offensive Language etc are found in the Summary Offences Act of 1988. They are deemed minor Offences and therefore dealt with by the Court with a fine. Not jail time. That's why I said the biggest problem Jennings had was not the court, but his club.

This will be my last post in this thread. I don't want to be seen as the ' Police defender'. I know better than any of you that there are some people in the Force that don't deserve the responsibility. But honestly they are very much in the minority. I wish some of you could walk in their boots for a couple of months and see what it's like to be constantly abused on a daily basis, particularly by drunk kids. One thing I will always remember is that 99% of the time you deal with the criminal element. The other 1 % of the time where you are dealing with normal decent people it's because they have had their car stolen or their house broken into. It is a thankless job.

But some of your comments are obviously made without any real knowledge of how the process works. None of you were there and witnessed what happened. Including me. Yet you all have an opinion of how the Police should have dealt with it.
          2026 your comments in regards to racism are just plain offensive. I have no idea how old you are but really, they are out of line.

Ism your comments are no better. You are just tarring everyone with the same brush. Let me tell you a fact about off behaviour or off language. Let me give you this example. I'm working at the football and some idiot starts unloading on me calling me a @&$/$&. @&$)( pig or similar. Does that offend me? No it does not. But the mum and dad that are sitting there with their 8 yr old daughter having a good day at the footy find it disgusting. So I charge the idiot because what he said was offensive to those people. Not necessarily me. And if I did nothing. Just walked away from it? What do you think that mum and dad would think of me as a police officer? Off behaviour is usually associated with alcohol. And you can guarantee that if Jennings was also charged with Hindering, it means he was told repeatedly to settle down and let the police do their job. He obviously was very pissed, didn't have his senses about him, and ignored their directions. So he got hit with it. But for you 'that's just something they tag on so something sticks'.

Over and out from me on this thread.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Very intelligently and fairly summarised, JC. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post

Really? If you are an aspiring law student Ism then I suggest you study harder. Of fences to do with Public Places, Offensive Behaviour/Conduct, Offensive Language etc are found in the Summary Offences Act of 1988. They are deemed minor Offences and therefore dealt with by the Court with a fine. Not jail time. That's why I said the biggest problem Jennings had was not the court, but his club.

This will be my last post in this thread. I don't want to be seen as the ' Police defender'. I know better than any of you that there are some people in the Force that don't deserve the responsibility. But honestly they are very much in the minority. I wish some of you could walk in their boots for a couple of months and see what it's like to be constantly abused on a daily basis, particularly by drunk kids. One thing I will always remember is that 99% of the time you deal with the criminal element. The other 1 % of the time where you are dealing with normal decent people it's because they have had their car stolen or their house broken into. It is a thankless job.

But some of your comments are obviously made without any real knowledge of how the process works. None of you were there and witnessed what happened. Including me. Yet you all have an opinion of how the Police should have dealt with it.
              2026 your comments in regards to racism are just plain offensive. I have no idea how old you are but really, they are out of line.

Ism your comments are no better. You are just tarring everyone with the same brush. Let me tell you a fact about off behaviour or off language. Let me give you this example. I'm working at the football and some idiot starts unloading on me calling me a @&$/$&. @&$)( pig or similar. Does that offend me? No it does not. But the mum and dad that are sitting there with their 8 yr old daughter having a good day at the footy find it disgusting. So I charge the idiot because what he said was offensive to those people. Not necessarily me. And if I did nothing. Just walked away from it? What do you think that mum and dad would think of me as a police officer? Off behaviour is usually associated with alcohol. And you can guarantee that if Jennings was also charged with Hindering, it means he was told repeatedly to settle down and let the police do their job. He obviously was very pissed, didn't have his senses about him, and ignored their directions. So he got hit with it. But for you 'that's just something they tag on so something sticks'.

Over and out from me on this thread.
              Very well said JC.

Comment

• Is it just me or has nobody else picked up the fact that this may have opened the door for a certain L Mitchell to debut on the wing? With SKD moving back to the centres.

Comment

• Thanks John Corey for bringing some sense into the conversation.

Supporters who are criticising the police and the justice system just don't get it - the real issue here for the Roosters is that Jennings was out drinking at 2.30 am in the morning 3 days before a match.

As a highly paid professional who has been a passenger in our team all year and has quite frankly played shyte, his behaviour is totally unacceptable, whether he is charged by police or not!

The police charges may well be dropped down the track, but does that absolve Jennings of all blame for the situation he put himself in - I don't believe so.

The Roosters have taken the correct action in punishing him for not adhering to the team and club rules, which are well known to every member of the squad. The NRL can decide if he deserves any further punishment re the police charges.

I would like Laurie Daley to punt him for SOO3 because that, more than anything else, will have Jennings come to his senses and realise the cost of breaking the rules. But I doubt it will happen because Daley is a hyprocrite, and morals and ethics are only important when it suits his selection process.
                  Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj_sta View Post
                    Is it just me or has nobody else picked up the fact that this may have opened the door for a certain L Mitchell to debut on the wing? With SKD moving back to the centres.
                    SKD's a right winger and Jenko's a left centre, only way he comes in if he goes to left centre.

I think Elliot comes in or Maubs goes to centre, either way is pretty good. Only problem with Maubs going to centre is Manu comes in who I'm not a huge fan of.

Comment

• it takes 48 hours to hydrate for a game of footy., we all know drinking dehydrates you bigtime.

back to the gibson jc
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                        Thanks John Corey for bringing some sense into the conversation.

Supporters who are criticising the police and the justice system just don't get it - the real issue here for the Roosters is that Jennings was out drinking at 2.30 am in the morning 3 days before a match.

As a highly paid professional who has been a passenger in our team all year and has quite frankly played shyte, his behaviour is totally unacceptable, whether he is charged by police or not!

The police charges may well be dropped down the track, but does that absolve Jennings of all blame for the situation he put himself in - I don't believe so.

The Roosters have taken the correct action in punishing him for not adhering to the team and club rules, which are well known to every member of the squad. The NRL can decide if he deserves any further punishment re the police charges.

I would like Laurie Daley to punt him for SOO3 because that, more than anything else, will have Jennings come to his senses and realise the cost of breaking the rules. But I doubt it will happen because Daley is a hyprocrite, and morals and ethics are only important when it suits his selection process.

Is dropping a player from a game any real punishment? I mean, do they really care? I suppose it depends on the player but it seems to me that the only ones hurt are the club and the fans (especially with such an important game).

Comment

• I think it is.

Knowing he let the boys down is the hardest punishment. No one wants a win tonight more then Jenko.

Comment

• Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                            SKD's a right winger and Jenko's a left centre, only way he comes in if he goes to left centre.

I think Elliot comes in or Maubs goes to centre, either way is pretty good. Only problem with Maubs going to centre is Manu comes in who I'm not a huge fan of.
                            Can Fergo play left centre? IMHO looks like Robbo has decided it is Elliott, however I wouldn't mind seeing Mitchell make his FG debut this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Is dropping a player from a game any real punishment? I mean, do they really care? I suppose it depends on the player but it seems to me that the only ones hurt are the club and the fans (especially with such an important game).
                              Dropping Jennings from the game tonight in reality makes not a scrap of difference to the team, as he's contributed little all season anyway. He's been a passenger. His replacement last week in Elliott showed a hell of a lot more enthusiasm and commitment.

That's why I would prefer if Jennings doesn't get the opportunity to play in SOO3, you can be sure that would cut him up far more than missing a Roosters game. It shouldn't but it would.

The Roosters have stood Jennings down because they know that's what the NRL expect and just want to get the punishment out of the way. Just like they did with Pearce. Fining players like Jennings has less impact on them than missing a match - they just hand over the money without thinking about it. To them it's no different than backing a losing horse, or putting it through the pokies. No great loss.
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj_sta View Post

Can Fergo play left centre? IMHO looks like Robbo has decided it is Elliott, however I wouldn't mind seeing Mitchell make his FG debut this season.
                                Probably but I think it'd disrupt the teams development.

I think Mitchell coming into centre would be alright, hell Inglis played there and they're similar players. Which means little but it could help.

Though I'd rather just bring Elliot in and let Mitchell develop properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X