Byron Ford suspended over cannabis test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my_dogs_named_fitzy View Post
    and phantom I seem to remember having a discussion about pot on the wall a few years back... (i think it was you haha) has ur stance changed since then? or whilst illegal, mind numbing and reflexing slowing, do you still believe it has no significant influence on ones mental health?
    Yes Chen I remember, and my stance will never change due to the fact that my brain cells have since grown back......

I still and always will believe that Cannibis does NOT cause mental illness, but does infact enhance any underlying illness that is already there......This I have seen first hand many times.....and in varying degrees.....

And as I said all that time ago, people can show me hundreds of studies that have been done in labs, and on animals, but I will still beleive the ones that have been shown to be true on actaul people......And that is my opinion...if other chose to beleive otherwise thats up to them....

And its still illegal....

Comment

Major studies are about to be conducted on the use of THC the active ingredient in Marijuana on glaucoma patients.

Short term uncontrolled studies indicate that all patients that took it had an instant lowering of eye pressure. The study involved inhaling the drug and oral method. But more studies need to be conducted to check of other toxic effects.

I think the fact has been established that it definitely has medical uses for pain relief.

Interesting...
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterNight View Post
        Major studies are about to be conducted on the use of THC the active ingredient in Marijuana on glaucoma patients.

Short term uncontrolled studies indicate that all patients that took it had an instant lowering of eye pressure. The study involved inhaling the drug and oral method. But more studies need to be conducted to check of other toxic effects.

I think the fact has been established that it definitely has medical uses for pain relief.

Interesting...
        As can a placebo.........

Interesting indeed.......

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
          As can a placebo.........

Interesting indeed.......
          Placebo is always a possibility which is why medical professionals conduct ''double-blind'' trial's.

Eye Pressure is measured with very sophisticated equipment so placebo does not come into the equation here as its not the patient saying 'I NOW HAVE LOWER EYE PRESSURE' but a device that measures eye pressure. And generally anything over 20 will give you pain .

Comment

so you can believe the science reports that say its harmful etc as you listed earlier, but not that it can be a cause of mental illness. your case of brain cells growing back and yourself not ending up with some form of mental illness reminds me of my mate when she justifies smoking during her pregnancy. her twin sister 12 months earlier, who did similarly, gave birth to a healthy baby girl. its crazy justification that because one person can defy the odds, that consequently you will.

i certainly blindly followed scientific reports up until about 12 months ago, cuz i've never touched illegal drugs, however i have since witnessed the steady decline in physical and mental health of my best friend as a result of years of drug (both legal and illegal) and alcohol abuse... at just 23. i have no doubt in my mind the demons are caused by cannabis, and the combination with alcohol and pain killers (and other drugs undoubtedly) that so frequently come with its use....

i guess we are still gonna have to agree to disagree!!!!!

Comment

so you can believe the science reports that say its harmful etc as you listed earlier, but not that it can be a cause of mental illness. your case of brain cells growing back and yourself not ending up with some form of mental illness reminds me of my mate when she justifies smoking during her pregnancy. her twin sister 12 months earlier, who did similarly, gave birth to a healthy baby girl. its crazy justification that because one person can defy the odds, that consequently you will.

i certainly blindly followed scientific reports up until about 12 months ago, cuz i've never touched illegal drugs, however i have since witnessed the steady decline in physical and mental health of my best friend as a result of years of drug (both legal and illegal) and alcohol abuse... at just 23. i have no doubt in my mind the demons are caused by cannabis, and the combination with alcohol and pain killers (and other drugs undoubtedly) that so frequently come with its use....
              i guess we are still gonna have to agree to disagree!!!!!
              Yes of course, If you abuse anything your going to face mental and physical decline. That is not the argument and i never ever disputed it.

I am talking about the benefits of the therapeutic uses for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterNight View Post
                Yes of course, If you abuse anything your going to face mental and physical decline. That is not the argument and i never ever disputed it.

I am talking about the benefits of the therapeutic uses for it.
                mate I wasn't even replying to you but...
                therapuetic use of pot is hilarious... what a cop out
                where the hell do you draw the line... i mean how do you decide who is in enough pain?!

Comment

mate I wasn't even replying to you but...
                  therapuetic use of pot is hilarious... what a cop out
                  where the hell do you draw the line... i mean how do you decide who is in enough pain?!
                  I knew you were refering to my post Fitzy, and you and I have had enough conversations over the years to know that after it all, we can still carry on civilly even if we dont agree......

Funny thing is, my brother has Cancer, he has just finished a BIG round of chemo and radiation treatment, and he is back in hospital.......He is a pot smoker, always has been...... and has confirmed that is is doing jack shit for his pain.......morphine is killing the pain....NOT pot.....

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
                    I knew you were refering to my post Fitzy, and you and I have had enough conversations over the years to know that after it all, we can still carry on civilly even if we dont agree......

Funny thing is, my brother has Cancer, he has just finished a BIG round of chemo and radiation treatment, and he is back in hospital.......He is a pot smoker, always has been...... and has confirmed that is is doing jack shit for his pain.......morphine is killing the pain....NOT pot.....

Different Kind of pain need ifferent Kind of treatment. As i said different receptors react to different chemicals. With all do respect but just because you know people that THC has no effect on it does not mean squat.

Comparing THC and morphine is insane at the moment. Morphine acts like heroin and is the king pain killer but that's where it ends, It is only used for the most extreme cases.

The ball is rolling for it use in glaucoma patients and its only a matter of time till they start producing a derivative of the drug.

They are trying target muscle /bone pain with the use of therapeutic marijuana and not terminly ill patients.

And when i say therapeutic marijuana i don't mean green leaf in a joint.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

too right Sue, mates are mates, never gonna agree on anything, but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X