Tupou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
    By the time the first two blokes are ready, Mini will have retired, and there will be a vacancy in the backline.

First grade wise, I reckon Toops is way in front of Moga anyway.
    I agree.. These other guys will have to bide there time and I doubt they will ever be better than Toops anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
      Unbelievably missed the NRL rookie team of the year and he was eligible given he only played 3 first grade games last year. The rule for eligibility was playing no more than 3 NRL matches in 2012. The NRL picked Feki from Cronulla and Nofoaluma. Nothing short of embarrassing that he missed out.
      Whoever picked that team is an absolute muppet. How Feki beat Tupou to a spot is beyond me. And as if Paul Vaughn has had a better season than Isaac Liu!! Also, is Sam Moa eligible for rookie of the year seeings he had only played one first grade game prior to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
        Whoever picked that team is an absolute muppet. How Feki beat Tupou to a spot is beyond me. And as if Paul Vaughn has had a better season than Isaac Liu!! Also, is Sam Moa eligible for rookie of the year seeings he had only played one first grade game prior to this season.
        No, otherwise James Graham would have won last season and Sam Burgess 2 years before.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
          Vaughan has been very good this year, I definitely would've picked him ahead of Liu but I agree on Feki, he is a prank selection.

Interesting looking at Liu's stats, he's made 0 errors and only missed 5 tackles this year. Exceptional for a rookie.

Comment

can anyone tell me how old lui is? I tried looking on the roosters website but had no luck. am just curious is all as he's been great for us this year and really consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostarz View Post
              No, otherwise James Graham would have won last season and Sam Burgess 2 years before.
              Yep fair call. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ale le coq View Post
                can anyone tell me how old lui is? I tried looking on the roosters website but had no luck. am just curious is all as he's been great for us this year and really consistent.
                He's 22, he was always a solid performer in the 20's but not a standout by any means. Just shows how important it is to get a good reserve grade competition going, Liu could have easily been one of the ones who were lost to the game.

Comment

Yeah fair enough R6 just checked out his stats and he's got good metres for the minutes he plays. From the games I've seen of him though he doesn't look as good a defender as Liu and certainly has more dropped balls and penalties in particular in him. Might have caught him on a few average games though.

You say Liu was never a standout in NYC but geez at the end of 2011 in the run towards the semis I thought he was as good as Evans. We lost him to injury for the semis and his absence was felt massively imo. Had a solid but quiet year last year, but boy is he the personification of consistent this year. Can't wait til he feels confident offloading a bit. And to go with those stats you mentioned I believe his tackling efficiency is still number one at the club and possibly close to that for the whole comp, but I could be wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by ale le coq View Post
                    He's either turned 21 or about to. This is his 1st year out of NYC.

Isaac is yet another insightful signing by the best recruitman man in the business - POS . I believe he doesn't receive the credit he deserves for our success. If you go through our squad - Tupou, RTS, JWH, Cordner, Moga, Samisoni, Napa, Lui, youngsters recruited to our club as potential 1st graders and now firing. Others recruited and who imo will play 1st grade over the next couple of years include Willis Meehan, Rhyse Martin & possibly Nene McDonald. Braden Uele who's stepped up from this year's SG Ball squad has been rather impressive coming off the bench in recent weeks. The guy hits like a mack truck!!! Fair dinkum opposition players struggle to get to their feet.

Comment

he doesn't know how much Talent he has

Comment

We seem to get quite a few penalties on his kick returns for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X