Tupou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tupou

even forgetting about his try, his dummy half running in particular was magnificent last night

he could be anything I reckon

Touch wood, but he seems to be adding a bit of ball security to his game as well.

In the first half of the season, a few of those runs from dummy half out of our own 20 which attracted multiple defenders would have resulted in a dropped ball.

Not lately, though.

He's going great guns.

Comment

He was awesome last night. He's started to be a real handful when he takes the ball up.

Comment

Unbelievably missed the NRL rookie team of the year and he was eligible given he only played 3 first grade games last year. The rule for eligibility was playing no more than 3 NRL matches in 2012. The NRL picked Feki from Cronulla and Nofoaluma. Nothing short of embarrassing that he missed out.

Comment

A true winger too. Not (that I know) a winger with ambitions for centre or fullback. His speed is deceptive with those long legs. Also looks to be using his size more and driving through attempted tackles.

Comment

One of his best performances this year and his career...so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
              A true winger too. Not (that I know) a winger with ambitions for centre or fullback. His speed is deceptive with those long legs. Also looks to be using his size more and driving through attempted tackles.
              He's loosing his fear of the line, really pushes through tackles these days. Huge future.

Chook.

Comment

I wonder if they have thought about getting him to chase a bomb aimed not to the wing, but to the fullback? Little Billy Slater would be hard pressed leap as far as Tupou's navel.

Comment

I'm still not sold on him.

He makes too many simple errors, his commitment in defence is questionable and he doesn't win as many high balls as he should given his height.

The best facet of his game has been his metres coming out of our own end but he's still got a long way to go imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    Are you sold on Maloney yet or still think the club was too hasty in signing him?

Comment

He makes too many simple errors, his commitment in defence is questionable and he doesn't win as many high balls as he should given his height.

The best facet of his game has been his metres coming out of our own end but he's still got a long way to go imo.
                      haha

vintage 6

Comment

Originally posted by TheEye View Post
                        Are you sold on Maloney yet or still think the club was too hasty in signing him?
                        He's gone better than I thought he would but I still have my queries over how many points we can produce against the better sides. I don't base this entirely on Origin, but the Origin period proved at the core both Pearce & Maloney are similar players. Maloney is still yet to create tries against the top 4 sides which worries me leading into the finals series.

The one thing I definitely got wrong was saying that SBW isn't going to create enough tries for us in the forward pack to make up for having 2 organsing halves and a fullback who can barely even pass. He has, and his performances against top 4 opposition prove he's all class. SBW has glossed over a lot of the creative issues in the spine, he basically has been our 5/8 this year. I'm concerned when SBW leaves who is going to provide that spark...

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                          haha

vintage 6
                          Go back and watch last week against the Sharks, actually you only have to watch the highlight packages (which I'm sure it's all you do anyway) to see how poor his defence was.

I think he's got potential, I'm just not sold on him yet. Make an argument against if you wish...

Comment

He's gone better than I thought he would but I still have my queries over how many points we can produce against the better sides. I don't base this entirely on Origin, but the Origin period proved at the core both Pearce & Maloney are similar players. Maloney is still yet to create tries against the top 4 sides which worries me leading into the finals series.

The one thing I definitely got wrong was saying that SBW isn't going to create enough tries for us in the forward pack to make up for having 2 organsing halves and a fullback who can barely even pass. He has, and his performances against top 4 opposition prove he's all class. SBW has glossed over a lot of the creative issues in the spine, he basically has been our 5/8 this year. I'm concerned when SBW leaves who is going to provide that spark...
                            lol

like Maloney doesn't provide spark...

you're a freak 6

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                              even forgetting about his try, his dummy half running in particular was magnificent last night

he could be anything I reckon
                              The smartest thing you have posted in 1336 posts. Very Fairfaxish. Well done TOK.

Comment

Working...
                              X