Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me do my job, pt1: A question for non-members

Hello all.

I've been asked to come up with some strategic ideas around signing-up more members to our beloved Roosters footy club, and whilst I already have a bunch of broad-brush ideas, I was thinking that to canvass you sorry lot would be a great starting point.

Basically, I'm grouping non-members into 3 categories:
    • Engaged Roosters: Watch most games either live, on TV, online streaming, radio, forum members, etc
    • Lapsed Roosters: Used to be into Easts, but have become disinterested over the years
    • Potential Roosters: Live in the area but don't have a team/don't understand the game

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to engage with the poll and where possible, provide your thoughts/opinions on why you are uninterested in becoming a Roosters member for 2013 (and beyond).
    It costs too much
    11.11%
    I don't see value for money
    5.56%
    There's no pack that suits me
    27.78%
    The idea of membership seems pointless
    16.67%
    Other
    38.89%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Salvatori Grubber; 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Thanks to the 3 peeps who've done the poll.

Shit - I find it hard to believe that of the 160-odd people who've viewed this thread, only 3 aren't members

For those of you who have engaged, it would be great to know why you've chosen your answer - eg for the 'there's no pack that suits me', it would be very helpful if you could post a brief elaboration as to what/why that is. If you don't want to publicise your reasons, feel free to PM me.

Thanks again - I don't work for Easts, but I'm trying to create a strategic partnership between my business and them (in case you were wondering).

Comment

Sorry but I'm a member. I'll take part in your next poll if I can.

I'm sure you'll get some more responses when more people see it, maybe the mods can sticky it.

Comment

Heh. Look - it's entirely plausible that 90% of forum members are/will be members, so it may be a long-shot.

Mods - if you could hook me up, Geohood-style that would be much appreciated.

Comment

I would buy a membership even if I lived in the north pole and could never get to a game see a game or hear a game. I hope that helps lol
          " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

No it doesn't you monkey, but thanks for the bump!

Comment

No games in SE Qld,so no membership for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God:277775
                Same for me Horrie. But I bought a membership anyway... Stupidly. The dude tried to sell me the interstate pack with 2 tickets. When I told him they were not coming up here he played dumb.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

The $99 bronze membership should be a bare minimum for any Chooks fan. The value is fantastic.

Comment

I've been in Perth the past four years and have had a membership for three of those. Love your club, support your club.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                      Just so I'm clear then, are you saying you didn't purchase this year out of protest at there not being an SE QLD games?

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                        Same for me Horrie. But I bought a membership anyway... Stupidly. The dude tried to sell me the interstate pack with 2 tickets. When I told him they were not coming up here he played dumb.
                        Which one did you buy? The $39 one?

Comment

I didn't join due to bringing up a family, I have been putting my money into the Kids
                          education and sport. Not much left for me unfortunately. I probably only get to one game a
                          year and it is a 7 hour round trip. Will probably get to more games in five to six years when
                          the kids are less dependent.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                            I am basically with Horrie. I will buy a membership (for about 10th year in a row) but will do so getting nothing for my money. Will only do it to 'represent' the Roosters so to speak. People still don't realise what a strong following there is in sth east qld.

Comment

This is probably a silly question, but can you buy any membership pack at the SFS on game day? Given that General Admission tickets are now about $30, it would be quite appealing for some to buy, say, a five game limited membership (with a Roosters cap) at a price point under $100.

If you can buy memberships at the SFS, do you need to go to the supporters' shop at the main entrance to do so? I've never seen any memberships on sale at the ticket office, but that would be the obvious place to cross sell such special deal memberships.

Comment

Working...
                              X