You've got to be kidding me! :mad:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikolas66 View Post
    Is there a reason that the media has been leaving Smith and coaching staff alone? does anyone know why the telegraph has not been hammering his performance? is there some protection there from someone?
    Cause they can't print farked and shit in the article

Comment

Is there a reason that the media has been leaving Smith and coaching staff alone? does anyone know why the telegraph has not been hammering his performance? is there some protection there from someone?
      Phil Rothfield ‏@BuzzRothfield
      How long can Brian Smith last at the #Roosters Uncle Nick?

The c0ck still has his pot shots

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post
        Somebody pass me the Kool-aid.
        Just like we all had to take our dose of Kool-aid back in 1994 when Mark Murray used to find "some positives" at the presser after each and every depressing loss.

Never thought I'd say this again in the history of the Chooks... but this side and this coach is worse than 1994... it's only a fraction away from 1990 proportions....

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Yep obviously some of you guys haven't heard of Rothfield. He mentions it at least twice a week!

Comment

For me Muppet Murray lived up to his nicknmae. Sticky became quite strange in his later years with us. Then we sign Opes and the very sad Roosters show continues. Now Smith & I have no idea whats going on.

The sad thing is this side we have has potential, their position on the ladder doesnt reflect their ability. A decent coach with this side would be getting better outcomes. Clearly by his comments Smith is blind to what everyone else can see. And that's really really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Maybe someone should start listening to him. Smith is a ****ing dud

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                Maybe someone should start listening to him. Smith is a ****ing dud
                As much as I despise him I have to agree with him

Comment

Even living up here in NQ I knew that Rothfield was a complete fark knuckle, but I always wondered why he was referred to as Beetroot Face. Then I saw an article on TV the other day about the immortal voting and they showed a picture of him, wow I bet his mum had to tie a piece of steak around the dogs neck just to get it to play with him. He is one ugly mofo.

Comment

Somebody pass me the Kool-aid.
                    I don't want to be a pedant but you mean pass the Flavor-Aid. Jim Jones had his followers suicide with Cyanide laced Grape Flavor-Aid in 1978.

The Kool Aid misreference comes from The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test - a book by Tom Wolfe about Ken Kesey (author of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and his friends, who were a counterculture stable in the late 60s)

It's ironic that many people make the mistake because the Flavor-Aid represents conformity and Kool-Aid is an anti-conformity reference.

So drinking the Kool-Aid is rebelling not conforming.

Comment

He says “I wouldn’t mind another crack at them in a few weeks. We are an ever improving side, there’s a gap at the moment, but it’s definitely closing.”

We played them in rd 11 & lost by 8 in a game we could've won...
                      Today (rd 16) we lose by 38...
                      The only thing we're improving is the oppositions for & against margins...

When we win, Steggles throws money into the Charity Nest (the amount depending on our winning margin)...
                      Perhaps the players should throw the money in when we lose (the amount depending on our losing margin)...

Comment

Last week we played a wet weather style in relatively dry conditions and it worked. I'm not sure why Smith has decided to go away from this, way too much lateral ball movement and high risk plays. 58% completion rate is woeful.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          So drinking the Kool-Aid is rebelling not conforming.
                          Only in your world, John.

Comment

News worthy factor ZERO that's why. Even my friends have stopped the sledging as we really don't matter. Even Souffs when they got kicked off the comp got more coverage.
                            Last edited by ROC181; 06-25-2012, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Only in your world, John.
                              I thought I explained it well. Sorry you don't see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Rampage View Post
                                the difference between brian smith and wayne bennett (besides all the trophies ofcourse) is that when his team is playing crap he calls them on it and doesn't shy away form admitting it and addressing the problems (like he's doing with the knights at the moment) you don't hear all this "oh the opposition were very good...we have the belief...i feel like we can score at any time" bull****

i'm sick of it, same crap every week, on the field and at the presser, wonder what they'll say if/when we lose to parra?
                                where the coach accepts mediocrity, the players too have come to accept mediocrity knowing that Smith won't kill them. it's infectious. it's shit. and it stinks likes souffs

99% of our squad is not playing up to their potential. Smith's job here is surely done.

Comment

Working...
                                X