Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've got to be kidding me! :mad:

http://www.roosters.com.au/news-disp...-of-loss/57872

Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith believes his troops aren’t too far away from competing with the top NRL sides after their 52-14 loss to the Sea Eagles on Sunday afternoon.
    Click here for a full Match Report.
    Speaking after the match, Smith conceded the Sea Eagles were too good on the day, but felt his men are still improving.
    “I thought the game was kind of strange for us,” Smith said. I thought we were great physically in the early part of the game. We put some great hits on, but unfortunately some poor communication meant we just couldn’t stay with them.
    “We looked good at times out there, I thought there were some promising aspects today, our problem was that we couldn’t maintain it.
    “I wouldn’t mind another crack at them in a few weeks. We are an ever improving side, there’s a gap at the moment, but it’s definitely closing.”
    One man who certainly impressed the Roosters coach was interchange Mose Masoe, who caused constant headaches for the Sea Eagles defence with his powerful running.
    “Mosse’s run of the kick-off was sensational. I haven’t seen someone open up a defence of Manly’s standard like that in a long time.
    “It was a high quality play from a high quality player. However, as is the story with us, in the same play Mose lost the ball. There was no doubt it was good work by Watmough, but still, we need to learn to take advantage of situations like that.”
    Smith also gave high accolades to his opposition, saying that the Sea Eagles performance was amongst the best he’s seen this season.
    “Manly were exceptional today, I didn’t think we were too bad, they just played great football, their execution was excellent - that’s where we need to be.”

The man is clearly insane.

Comment

He's a perennial loser and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        yeh and so is this bloke, unfortunately it seems only one of them is going to be leaving the club at the end of the year.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news-disp...--Anasta/57878

Roosters captain Braith Anasta has praised the Sea Eagles attack after his side’s 52-14 defeat to the defending premiers at Allianz Stadium on Sunday.
        Always a player to give credit where it’s due, Anasta felt the Sea Eagles performance was of the highest standard the NRL can offer.
        “They jumped us at the start, we were physical but they outsmarted us, and ‘Choc’ [Anthony Watmough] cut us up through the middle a little bit,” Anasta said after the game.
        “They [Manly] are a quality side, they got good play the balls and they seemed to score off any opportunity they got. They got off to a good start, and you can’t let a side like manly get off to a lead that big.
        “In saying that, we had the belief out there, especially with the ball. We certainly have no dramas in attack and I feel like we can score at any time. I guess it’s just disappointing the way it ended up, you never like to have 50 put on you.”
        Coach Brian Smith agreed with his skipper, saying the Manly performance was amongst the best of the season.
        “They were too good for us,” Smith said. We were really geared up for this one today, we’re hurting pretty badly.
        “The execution they showed today was the best we’ve seen this season. The quality of their defence and attack was excellent even when we had them under pressure.
        “They also created plenty of opportunities, they kicked the ball beautifully, even at top pace. They got the ball to stop and bounce where they wanted and they chased really well. They were right on the money with everything they tried today.
        Despite the solid performance from the Sea Eagles, Smith was adamant his men were ready for the tough confrontation.
        “We were a hundred percent ready for this game, we were prepared physically and mentally and had some good confidence coming off last week. We knew what they would be like because we played them a few weeks ago. I guess that makes it hurt even more.”

Comment

I'm sure Manly are shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing us again.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            He has been for a few decades now someone should tell him to get his head out of his arse.

Comment

Firstly he said we are improving then he said that dropkick Masoe was good then he said he was surprised by our loss. Then he said there were promising aspects of the game then he said we didnt play too bad. Is he insane 56-14 is the biggest deficit in the whole season closely followed by our loss to Cows. He needs to be sacked if he thinks that there are positives out of these kinds of performances!!!!

He is a nutcase.

Comment

Smith is a Full Blown Farking Idiot!! This carnt really has no idea!!

Comment

He said he wouldnt mind another crack at them and thinks we didnt play too bad. Hes insane.

Comment

Ask smithy if his co ck can touch his ass so he can go f u c k him self malakas

Comment

the difference between brian smith and wayne bennett (besides all the trophies ofcourse) is that when his team is playing crap he calls them on it and doesn't shy away form admitting it and addressing the problems (like he's doing with the knights at the moment) you don't hear all this "oh the opposition were very good...we have the belief...i feel like we can score at any time" bull****

i'm sick of it, same crap every week, on the field and at the presser, wonder what they'll say if/when we lose to parra?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                        I'm sure Manly are shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing us again.
                        Fark i wish we could play us every week, then again???

Comment

Originally posted by LOYALCHOOK View Post
                          Ask smithy if his co ck can touch his ass so he can go f u c k him self malakas
                          I've got a better solution ask Elliott to jab him in the arse the poustithes.

Comment

Somebody pass me the Kool-aid.

Comment

Is there a reason that the media has been leaving Smith and coaching staff alone? does anyone know why the telegraph has not been hammering his performance? is there some protection there from someone?

Comment

Working...
                              X