Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The whole young squad rebuilding excuse....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a coach must be able to get into the players heads, its apohsyc game is footy! head strength is just asimportant as body strength at times!

Comment

You can't win NRL games with an Under 20s squad on the paddock.

The so-called "youth policy" is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
        They have an excuse. Their 6 is out and Buderus was injured for a while. Their players turned out flops. We have players who are good but are error-prone and have no gameplan or structure to follow. That is the problem. The problem at the Hunter is out of his hands until their playmaker comes back and Boyd starts to fire. It was bad recruitment that was the problem up there here it is the COACH.
        Please they have no excuse, especially with their roster and the players they bought over, but clearly they are under performing

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
          to me is purely a way for B Smith to keep his job.

Think about it if he only keeps young players and keeps saying he is rebuilding then no matter how crap the teams he coaches play he keeps his job! He knows he will never win a comp but may as well keep collecting the $500K a year or so

Smith just fark off. surely he must go. We are an absolute disgrace of a footy team.

We will rue the day we didnt sign McGuire
          The Broncos show how it's done, constantly refreshing the squad always rebuilding. Not by spending 2 years trialling young players and thereby accepting below standard performances as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie View Post
            A coach is only as good as the cattle..

Bennett doesn't seem to be performing too well at Newcastle as he did with Lock at the Broncs,

or a pretty decent dragons side in 2010..

Smith may not be the best out there but he did alright with a gun 6 in 2010

much like R. Stuart did with another champion 6 last decade..

Sometimes players make the coach.
            And sometimes the players can bring about the coach's demise

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              a coach must be able to get into the players heads, its apohsyc game is footy! head strength is just asimportant as body strength at times!
              This team is doing my head in

Comment

Why can guys like DCE perform when our boys need to be given 5+ years?

I think that by now we know that most of our young signings are myths.

Comment

Originally posted by Imadog View Post
                  The Broncos show how it's done, constantly refreshing the squad always rebuilding. Not by spending 2 years trialling young players and thereby accepting below standard performances as a result.
                  The Broncos always have a group of established senior players though, Smith's decision to a) release Myles, Ryles & Graham and b) to not replace them with experienced players is why I'll never cop this an excuse from him. What I do believe it can excuse is the performances (to an extent) of certain players who are being asked to step up in senior roles that they are some years off being ready to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X