No announcement yet.

A performance worthy of the best side in rugby league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bennet has had great success as a coach and a record of leaving the clubs he has coached as basket cases. but it's beside the point - he's not coming here. his time to come here came and went a long time ago

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
      bennet has had great success as a coach and a record of leaving the clubs he has coached as basket cases. but it's beside the point - he's not coming here. his time to come here came and went a long time ago
      No he’ll be going to Souths … and I’m not looking forward to that.

As for leaving teams in the doghouse? geez … I don’t know about that. He got forced out at the Broncs … after they rejected his succession plan … Souths infamously knocked us out after he left. The Knights were a mess on many levels … he chose to sack himself.

The Dolphins will be that much stronger going forward having had him build the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

No he’ll be going to Souths … and I’m not looking forward to that.

As for leaving teams in the doghouse? geez … I don’t know about that. He got forced out at the Broncs … after they rejected his succession plan … Souths infamously knocked us out after he left. The Knights were a mess on many levels … he chose to sack himself.

The Dolphins will be that much stronger going forward having had him build the team.
        look at robbo - he's committed to the roosters. if he doesn't get sacked (which is a possibility for every nrl coach) you know he's going to want to leave the roosters in good shape.
        bennett? as great a coach as he is he's at least as interested in protecting his own position than worrying about the future of the clubs he's coached. dragons have been a basket case after he left, ditto, knights, ditto broncs, ditto souths

Comment

look at robbo - he's committed to the roosters. if he doesn't get sacked (which is a possibility for every nrl coach) you know he's going to want to leave the roosters in good shape.
          bennett? as great a coach as he is he's at least as interested in protecting his own position than worrying about the future of the clubs he's coached. dragons have been a basket case after he left, ditto, knights, ditto broncs, ditto souths
          Mate Dragons hadn’t won a premiership in 30 odd years … you don’t want to give the Don any credit for that? Yes I know it was at our expense … but are we being objective here?

Robbo has in fact not been all about the Roosters these last few years … that has been obvious and that has been the problem … too fat and too luxurious … it would happen to just about any coach in his hallowed position

Now that reality has bitten him on the arse again … i.e., his position here is not guaranteed without suitable performance … which is pretty much what he asks of every player … I expect the team to play to its level this year … that is after all the bare minimum for any coach

Comment

Mate Dragons hadn’t won a premiership in 30 odd years … you don’t want to give the Don any credit for that? Yes I know it was at our expense … but are we being objective here?

Robbo has in fact not been all about the Roosters these last few years … that has been obvious and that has been the problem … too fat and too luxurious … it would happen to just about any coach in his hallowed position

Now that reality has bitten him on the arse again … i.e., his position here is not guaranteed without suitable performance … which is pretty much what he asks of every player … I expect the team to play to its level this year … that is after all the bare minimum for any coach
            like i said he's a great coach. could easily have had 2 more comps in the last decade. but i forgot to add us to the mix of clubs that he's left in a bad spot after being linked to them

Comment

That Dragons win will be forever tainted by a try scored off a forward pass . I think it was to Gasnier

Comment

like i said he's a great coach. could easily have had 2 more comps in the last decade. but i forgot to add us to the mix of clubs that he's left in a bad spot after being linked to them
                That is fair enough … I don’t know the details behind why that occurred

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post

That Dragons win will be forever tainted by a try scored off a forward pass . I think it was to Gasnier
                  And we had one ruled out

Comment

I think the Bmoz foot over the touch line for the first try was the bigger travesty.

Comment

Hahaha they smashed us. Brett morris did step out for a try as well but they well and truly had it over us in the second half

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Hahaha they smashed us. Brett morris did step out for a try as well but they well and truly had it over us in the second half
                        Hardly. Archer rode them home in that 2nd half like Dittman on a good thing. Never gave us a prayer. Saints were the best team all year, but that game we could have easily won with a fair sucka the sav. Was the one that got away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Hardly. Archer rode them home in that 2nd half like Dittman on a good thing. Never gave us a prayer. Saints were the best team all year, but that game we could have easily won with a fair sucka the sav. Was the one that got away.
                          Didn't we get our first penalty in the 78th minute?

Comment

• Roosters run out of steam in the second half in that GF - Won 3 games to get there from 6th with wins over Wests Tigers , Penrith and Gold Coast.

Would have been better had they played the Wests Tigers in the GF but it was not to be.

Comment

Same way manly fans think the 2013 GF was tainted by James Maloney forward pass to mini.

Comment

What evidence do you have that Robbo has not been about the Roosters these last few years?

Comment

Working...
                                X