Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Robbo's not the problem
    In the corporate world, if the business is not performing it's the managers that go first.

Isn't it Robbo's job as manager to have his staff (players) performing so the business is successful?
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post

In the corporate world, if the business is not performing it's the managers that go first.

Isn't it Robbo's job as manager to have his staff (players) performing so the business is successful?
      What are your expectations of Robbo? He's won 3 comps.

I'd imagine a number of players would've been made redundant if it were the corporate world.

Comment

This is our last year for a title for quite some time.

Jaz, Joey, Bondi Joe gone.

Gus probably gone.

Ted, Toops and Kez another year older.

Billy will be injured again.

it will be quite the rebuild over the next 5 years

Comment

I think Robbo has upset the NRL big time by calling out some of the indefensible bunker calls that have cost us at least 2 wins this year, that would have put us at 5 from 7.

Now there are media articles not only labelling him as a whinger who has lost the plot, but a coach who's "lost the dressing room" and is in danger of imminent sacking.

This after losing to Melbourne by a try that should never have been allowed by the bunker. And Penriff a couple of weeks ago with a similar bunker howler.

He is under pressure, and he has some serious problems to solve, but I sense a media pile on all of a sudden orchestrated by a vengeful NRL whose minions in the media, refereeing ranks and even judiciary (hello - Spencer Leniu 8 weeks for name calling) are ganging up on someone who dared to call them out.

Watch Klein tomorrow come up with some pearlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            Win or lose Robbo will still be the coach until he decides to walk away.
            100% this will be the case.....but are we now 1 from the last 18 against Penrith & Storm ?? I agree Robbo will be here as long as he wants the job but fark me that is embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
              Not saying anything is going to happen but I can guarantee you that those guys would know a hell of a lot on the going’s on within club land than 99% of us fans.
              You must not have ever seen an episode of NRL360.

My advice, don’t bother.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                I think Robbo has upset the NRL big time by calling out some of the indefensible bunker calls that have cost us at least 2 wins this year, that would have put us at 5 from 7.

Now there are media articles not only labelling him as a whinger who has lost the plot, but a coach who's "lost the dressing room" and is in danger of imminent sacking.

This after losing to Melbourne by a try that should never have been allowed by the bunker. And Penriff a couple of weeks ago with a similar bunker howler.

He is under pressure, and he has some serious problems to solve, but I sense a media pile on all of a sudden orchestrated by a vengeful NRL whose minions in the media, refereeing ranks and even judiciary (hello - Spencer Leniu 8 weeks for name calling) are ganging up on someone who dared to call them out.

Well said.
                1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

you are correct about the NRL. I’ve also stated in previous posts that Robbo has pissed off the NRL but it’s a win win for them financially.
                  Importantly : What hasn’t been written by the media muppets is that the club has established a foot in the door with the American Rugby League via our CEO Joe Kelly on their board.
                  The NRL are pissed with this hence the continued agenda since Vegas commencing with Spencer suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

What are your expectations of Robbo? He's won 3 comps.

I'd imagine a number of players would've been made redundant if it were the corporate world.
                    Lots of players have moved on in the last 5 or so years.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

We havnt been that bad really , apart from the first half against the dogs. It wont take too much improvement to really turn things around. Today is the day to blow out the cob webs

Comment

I’m not bothered by the results against Pen and Melb. We were beaten by the better team on both nights. We didn’t deserve to win those games. Disappointing to not get the 4 points and disappointing that we played pretty poorly, but the better team won in both occasions.

Comment

NRL360. More like …….TMZ360!!!

Comment

NRL 360 is a tabloid gossip show. They have to come up with 3 hours of content each week and if they don’t have any real news they make stuff up, like this. It’s laughable that anyone would take it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
                              NRL 360 is a tabloid gossip show. They have to come up with 3 hours of content each week and if they don’t have any real news they make stuff up, like this. It’s laughable that anyone would take it seriously.
                              and then the fox nrl website quotes what they say as if it's news.

robbo's under pressure - he's not here for his good looks. he likes a challenge ...

Comment

The provocative and sometimes witty Dane Eldridge pens a related piece on this. He lead the chants in the Pen at some stage unless I'm mistaken? Apols if this has been posted prev.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/te...3b5f9359925fab

Comment

Working...
                                X