This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    Watched the highlights of the broncos raiders game.

Young Ezra played exceedingly well, and I couldn't help thinking how well he has recovered from his awful ordeal perpetrated by one of our players, who of course in their wisdom the NRL courageously rubbed out for a third of the season. When we really need quality props.

He must be made of very stern stuff to make such a recovery in such quick time. At the time of the awful assault on his feelings with the use of a single awful word, I genuinely feared it might be some time before he was able to take the field again. You can only begin to imagine how amazed and relieved I was to see that he was able to continue training and playing immediately, without missing any game time. Unlike his emotional assailant who is still weeks away from a return to the field. And rightly so, in fact he should be so lucky as to ever play again.

I recall Joey Manu taking many months, a surgical procedure to reconstruct his face, and many months of rehab to be able to play again after an incident that attracted a suspension for his assailant of only 5 weeks.

I can only conclude from the different penalties (Joey's injury surely must have been far less severe than Ezra's) that Joey Manu is made of lesser stuff than the courageous and resilient Ezra.

If only we had quality people like him at the roosters.
    Simply outstanding post.

Comment

I just found my year 12 shirt (signed by various people on my last day of school) and some Greek dude wrote 'Jizzy you're an ape!!!' on it.

In hindsight, he completely ruined my childhood by doing so and I was never the same afterwards.

Comment

Career highlight for Ezra will be scoring a few tries in a losing GF.

that and being known for apparently crying after being called a name

Comment

Sorry man you've got this totally wrong.

See bones heal and so what Joey was out for a while. BUT you maybe even without intent insult somebody and we cannot have that kind of behaviour..........OUT YOU GO.

Now since Ezra's been playing so well then maybe the Bronks can give a massive shout out to Spence for the good that Spence has done.

We get penalised on reputation, wrong calls that imapact on outcomes against us.......but hey that's all good in Ref land. Just be sure that it's not done to the riff or drizzle because they are special.

Comment

Spencer will learn from this and has some ground to make up for leaving the Roosters short of his services for 8 weeks.

Be interesting to see which grade he will play when he returns in round 10 - NRL or NSW Cup.

Comment

Let's hope Robbo doesn't play Mr Nice Guy for this game. He needs to be targeted.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Looks like he is finally over his upset.

The fact that he wouldn’t accept Spencer’s apology puts him close to Cody in my eyes.

Little drama queen can go f**k himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Looks like he is finally over his upset.

The fact that he wouldn’t accept Spencer’s apology puts him close to Cody in my eyes.

Little drama queen can go f**k himself.
                  I maintain that he still looks like he should be the subject of an extensive primatology study conducted by Dian Fossey.
                  1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                  1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

From today's paper

Upon their return to Australia, Leniu attempted to come to Queensland to meet Mam and apologise in person, but Mam refused at the time.

But now, addressing the media for the first time since incident – which drew widespread support to his corner from the likes of Latrell Mitchell – Mam revealed he intended to speak to Leniu “when the time is right” to bury the hatchet and cast aside the issue.

“I think when the time is right we will have a chat, and I appreciate that he wanted to come up and reach out to me,” Mam said.

“I’ve moved on from that now – I’ll probably just have a chat to him when I see him or whenever it is.

“I just stick up to what my beliefs are and how I was brought up as a strong cultural man. If there’s anything I’m more proud of, it’s my culture and … that’s what I’m going to stick up for. It’s my identity, that’s the reason I’m here.

“It was a bit tough, but in saying that it was a long time ago, so I’m looking forward and being present. So I’m not going to talk about it any more – I’m just going to get on with the season and start playing some good footy.”

Comment

Originally posted by BEC View Post
                      I've talked to more than a dozen people about this as I've traveled across your incredible country for the last month and no matter the race or culture, everyone is upset by the hypocracy. We all know we shouldn't say hurtful things to others, but we have all done it. Me, you and even Ezra. Things slip out under stress and frustration. The fact that race was involved makes it no worse than if an overweight, unattractive or physically challenged person was on the receiving end...but that is not the way the woke culture in charge wants you to feel. Most people don't think Leniu should have gotten a pass, but that his punishment was unjust. IMHO, the leaders of the NRL won't change until they see it is hurting their reputation or finances though.
                      I agree that the incident was not worth a 8 week suspension- seems like thats the general consensus with who you have talked about the incident? Especially when you have set a precedent and a homophobic slur gets 4 weeks. A month on the sidelines and a fine is a strong deterrent for the player or anyone else who may want to go down that road on the field.

Im not a believer about things just slip out under stress or frustration- otherwise refs would be copping it every match...but the deterrent of getting sent off is enough to keep a players mouth in check towards them, so theres no reason why you cant keep your mouth shut towards another player. Belt him legally instead- its more satisfying!

I dont get why most here are taking aim at Ezra first and the NRL second. Im assuming its because they think he should have just shut up and worn it? Just like the "good old days"? I copped a fair bit of crap being a wog -and i played in the Canterbury juniors and minor grades. I wore it- i didn't like it but i didn't have the balls to speak out. These days they do speak out. Times are changing

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

I maintain that he still looks like he should be the subject of an extensive primatology study conducted by Dian Fossey.
                        Ill give you credit Carlos- you dont pretend to be something you are not!

Incidentally i played against the real Carlos Parra- a extremely fast winger. He was very popular with the women too!

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Ill give you credit Carlos- you dont pretend to be something you are not!

Incidentally i played against the real Carlos Parra- a extremely fast winger. He was very popular with the women too!

So you're an 80s boy then?

Carlos was one of the fastest to ever lace up a boot. Carlos once ran over 400m in a match at Redfern and was unlucky not to score 5 tries.
                          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Hes a sook. No way.
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BEC View Post

Hmmm...
                              can you call then Donkeys????
                              Asses maybe!
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

'monkey' has often been used in a racist way and you can't complain that mam spoke up about it but both him and the nrl were tone deaf in their response given that it came from another black man and we didn't help things by not making that point

Comment

Working...
                                X