Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recky62
    replied
    Well, I’m a big fan of the Leeds Rhinos and Im a Central Coast Mariners fan and member and have been for 10 years...AND in football, PSG, Borussia Dortmund and Man United ( but only since 1969) ...might I add that so many roosters are at Catalans , I check in on them too and also Brisbane Heat in the BBL and Sydney Swans in the AFL
    Last edited by Recky62; 05-08-2023, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
    No second Rugby League team for me but i follow the Sydney Swans in the AFL and also the Easts Beasts in the local rugby comp the Shute Sheild
    i follow the 3 R's - Roosters/Richmond/Randwick in Aus

Leave a comment:

• horrie hastings
    replied
    No second Rugby League team for me but i follow the Sydney Swans in the AFL and also the Easts Beasts in the local rugby comp the Shute Sheild

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Congrats on your AFL team winning.
    Thanks - Had one win at least in Richmond winning a comp- Chooks in both NRL comps missed out and Atlanta Braves up 3-1 in the NLCS with one foot in the World Series lose the next 3 games to go own 4-3

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Walker
    replied
    The only team anywhere in the world I support with close to if not as much passion as The Roosters is Leeds United. Having lived there for a while I consider it my second home

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
    Richmond AFL
    Congrats on your AFL team winning.

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

Mate, Derby County and Forest are rivals! That is a bit like following the Roosters and Souths at the same time! I don't mind Leicester City and Everton either. Leicester is another East Midlands rival, whereas West Brom has West Midlands rivals in Wolves, Villa and Birmingham.
    Derby County used to play at the baseball ground and being a baseball player i liked them - Now its a housing estate - Derby and Forest have rivalries with Leicester City and Leeds as well- that rival stiff caused a lot of issues in British Football - hooliganism and what not.

Unfortunately we had a run in with a few of the Chelsea headhunters at a Arsenal vs Chelsea match at the Gunners old Highbury ground many years ago when i was visiting relo's who are Arsenal fans- complete morons those so called Chelsea "supporters" -Knives/machete's etc -The Bill everywhere on foot on horseback.

You don't have to follow any other team to be targetted - if they don't like the cut of your jib better hit the frog and toad and avoid the GBH.
    Last edited by King Salvo; 10-20-2020, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Rabid_Rooster
    replied
    Arsenal's red is in honour to Forest, after they loaned some jerseys/kits to either Arsenal and/or Charlton Athletic. Forest played in garibaldi red if I am not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Rabid_Rooster
    replied

Nottingham Forest and Derby County both big teams in the day but languishing in the Championship- both coached by super manager Brian Clough - Forest had a big chance of making the promotion play-offs but had a shocker post COVID Restart lost 6 out of 8 games after the restart - Forest is 20th and Derby 21st after 5 games currently.

Premier League - Arsenal - Go the Gunners
    Mate, Derby County and Forest are rivals! That is a bit like following the Roosters and Souths at the same time! I don't mind Leicester City and Everton either. Leicester is another East Midlands rival, whereas West Brom has West Midlands rivals in Wolves, Villa and Birmingham.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied

RL isn't international embraced in a big way either for whatever reason- AUS/NZ(Union is the main code there) /PNG/North England and a bit in France/Wales/Scotland where Football and Union are much much more popular - Rugger is bigger in the pacific islands than league- Fiji/Samoa/Tonga. They do play internationals using international rules against Ireland- AFL/Irish Football

It's the same thing with Cricket vs Baseball - which is more internationally embraced - Baseball is growing in popularity in Europe more so than Cricket with the setting up of professional leagues.
    League is embraced internationally in a bigger way than AFL which surprisingly is growing in some very strange places but so is league in the same places. The rise of 3rd tier nations in RL shows how far along its coming across the world. The expansion of league into Canada was going great guns until Covid hit. Would not have been long for it to have filtered its way down into the US but they would always struggle there with the already flooded local sports market.

IMO AFL is decades behind league internationally as its only truly recognised here in Aus and being such a messy sport doesnt really appeal unless you have grown up with it.

Living O/S for many years, anyone who sees league for the first time goes "wow! thats awesome!". Anyone who sees AFL for the first time goes, "what the hell is this?"

I appreciate both sports and spent many Sunday arvos at the SCG watching Plugga and Paul Kelly go round in the mid 90's but ive always been a league boy and I dont care who follows what, League is the greatest game of all!

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Hows it go internationally?
    RL isn't international embraced in a big way either for whatever reason- AUS/NZ(Union is the main code there) /PNG/North England and a bit in France/Wales/Scotland where Football and Union are much much more popular - Rugger is bigger in the pacific islands than league- Fiji/Samoa/Tonga. They do play internationals using international rules against Ireland- AFL/Irish Football

It's the same thing with Cricket vs Baseball - which is more internationally embraced - Baseball is growing in popularity in Europe more so than Cricket with the setting up of professional leagues.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied

No they have a real passion for it down there and in SA/WA/NT/TAS and even the off season is fill of AFL stories and people have to follow a team it's kind off compulsory to have one - In my workplace of over 100 there would be about 6 that follow a NRL team - majority don't watch it and if they do it's only SOO and GF - they are more interested in Cricket or not interested in sport at all of any kind.

Our tipping comp folded as with only 6 it wasn't a challenge
    Hows it go internationally?

Leave a comment:

• King Salvo
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

The game is still messy. Maybe their game gets large memberships because it soo easy to score when playing? Like I said... a point for missing! Really?
    No they have a real passion for it down there and in SA/WA/NT/TAS and even the off season is fill of AFL stories and people have to follow a team it's kind off compulsory to have one - In my workplace of over 100 there would be about 6 that follow a NRL team - majority don't watch it and if they do it's only SOO and GF - they are more interested in Cricket or not interested in sport at all of any kind.

Our tipping comp folded as with only 6 it wasn't a challenge

Leave a comment:

• 4 the all in brawl
    replied
    No second team for me, though I did barrack for the NZ Warriors towards the end of the year when they weren't playing against us.......Would have been so good to see them or the Titans make the 8 instead of those toothless fish from the Bogan Shire....

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied

If NRL clubs had the same support - game attendees and members then they would be more financially stable as would the game - I am a Chookies members - one of 15 or 16 odd thousand of us and also Richmond - 1 of over 100,000.

Clubs and the NRL need to do a lot of work in this area

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09/...bers-revealed/

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/342...rship-tracker/
    The game is still messy. Maybe their game gets large memberships because it soo easy to score when playing? Like I said... a point for missing! Really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X