No announcement yet.

Scum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would now be a good time to reopen the performance enhancing hologram case as well? From memory, the NRL ratified the use of these holograms based on the Vermin doctors advice that they were ok to use!!!

Comment

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...11-13bxpz.html

'The NRL has reopened its investigation into South Sydney's wild night in the US after discovering the alleged victim of an assault came to an agreement with the players to have the charges dropped.

The news comes after Fairfax Media revealed on Wednesday that the man at the centre of an incident which led to the arrests of John Sutton and Luke Burgess in Flagstaff, Arizona, had "received satisfaction" under a legal instrument known as a "misdemeanour compromise" before dropping the charges against both players.'

I wonder how much was paid and whether it counts towards Souths' salary cap given they paid bribe money for 2 players and have gained a significant advantage as a result (i.e. they traded Burgess rather than being forced to keep a suspended player as dead weight and kept their Bra Boy captain).

---------

If this is true then they are VERY lucky they weren't in Australia because no such thing exists here to my knowledge. Once charged, the matter is no longer in police hands and the DPP will almost always take the matter to court if somebody was left in a pool of blood (with a possibility of a confession, multiple witnesses and CCTV footage). It's not for the victim and police to decide whether the charges stick (see Greg Inglis and Auva'a... both wives wanted the charges dropped but had no say in it once they were laid).

Since Sutton is a Bra Boy it is arguable that he could have been given a harsh mandatory prison sentence in some Australian states... I hope the integrity unit considers this when reviewing the severity of this incident.

Both were likely drunk... NSW 'one punch laws'. I'm not a fan of the laws, but again, in their team's home state these boys could have potentially been given a harsh mandatory sentence.

Does the fact they were in the USA change the severity in the eyes of the NRL, or should they feel entitled to come down hard given the USA's weird laws let them walk free from a criminal charge by bribing the victim subsequent to the charges being laid. I dunno... in Australia I suspect that once charges were laid, contacting the victim and offering a bribe could be an offence in itself.

Damn, why didn't think happen in Kings Cross or QLD? Bloody USA protecting Souffs!! :P~~~~ [just like Sutton did to the bar when told to leave]

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
        Storm in a tea cup IMO.
        An assault, a battery, charges laid, a bribe paid, deceptive/incomplete report given to the NRL's integrity unit. I dunno!

IMO the team that signed Burgess will be pretty pissed that Souths were able to trade him on the basis that he was in the clear (based on deceptive/incomplete information). Is this contract valid? I dunno...

Not just hating on Souths, I think this is very serious. We'll see what happens but I suspect both players will be suspended and Souths could be fined. The transfer of Burgess could be invalid and Souffs could be forced to fit him into their salary cap...

Comment

Loving watching the blowtorch being applied to the Bunnies and NRL. Rothfield is hinting that they have been receiving favourable treatment for a while now.....which is not news to supporters of most other teams

Comment

im enjoying watching them do a bit of squirming? a total beat up , typical in the usa whats in it for me mentality, a bruise on his head probably only copped one punch? still if its rustys money, who cares?
            Last edited by stephenj; 02-14-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
              I just hope the Roosters can convince Sammy Boy to sign with us after he makes his millions in Rugby.
              Guaranteed Premiership if the Roosters could sign him.
              To me that would be a dirty premiership, I don't want the prick here.
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

he can piss off go play with Melbourne or some other scummy club

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  To me that would be a dirty premiership, I don't want the prick here.
                  Amen...I can't believe supporters who just want to sign any prick they think can bring us premierships regardless of dickhead qualities or past anti Easts- ism.

Getting the flag isn't everything ffs...its also about HOW you get there and the values and culture your club supports.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Getting the flag isn't everything ffs...its also about HOW you get there and the values and culture your club supports.
                    Exactly why It's nice to pretend Noel Cleal never wore the red, white and blue.

Sam burgess?????????

makes you feel kinda sick.

Comment

Working...
                    X