No announcement yet.

Australian's Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone watch that UFC fight today between Justin Gaethje v Michael Chandler?
    Fair dinkum some blokes are as hard as rock, what a fight that was. BRUTAL.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez is the undisputed Super Middle Weight Champion of the World. He knocked Plant down in the 11th round & the ref stopped the fight.

Comment

Crawford v Porter today in what should be a very good fight, I've got Crawford stopping him late. I think he's one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, he demolished Horn a few years ago and Horn was never the same fighter afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
          Crawford v Porter today in what should be a very good fight, I've got Crawford stopping him late. I think he's one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, he demolished Horn a few years ago and Horn was never the same fighter afterwards.
          I didnt see the Crawford v Porter fight today but I followed it online & it was a very good fight. Crawford won in the 10th.
          I dont know if you watched the Tim Tszyu v Takeshi Inoue fight the other night or not but that Inoue is one of the toughest blokes on the planet, like Tszyu said post fight not even a heavy weight could knock Inoue out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I didnt see the Crawford v Porter fight today but I followed it online & it was a very good fight. Crawford won in the 10th.
            I dont know if you watched the Tim Tszyu v Takeshi Inoue fight the other night or not but that Inoue is one of the toughest blokes on the planet, like Tszyu said post fight not even a heavy weight could knock Inoue out.
            Tim should be fighting for titles Mickie but it's hard to get a shot. I think he's ready to take a title and would beat Castano so hopefully his promoters can get a fight done. The Japanese boy was as tough as they come and kept coming forward. There is another Inouye in the lighter weights who I have rated up with Crawford, Canelo as the best pound for pound in the world.

Comment

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread as I never go to off topic and only just found it by accident.

Comment

Tim should be fighting for titles Mickie but it's hard to get a shot. I think he's ready to take a title and would beat Castano so hopefully his promoters can get a fight done. The Japanese boy was as tough as they come and kept coming forward. There is another Inouye in the lighter weights who I have rated up with Crawford, Canelo as the best pound for pound in the world.
                I agree he needs to be fighting for titles but I would actually like to see Tszyu fight Hurd or Lara before fighting Castano. After watching the Castano v Charlo fight a couple of months ago I would worry for Tszyu if he was to get in the ring with one of those 2 next. Tszyu originally was going to fight Tony Harrison not Inoue, Harrison has fought Charlo twice winning 1 & losing 1, he is the only bloke who has beaten Charlo.
                The Charlo v Castano fight was epic.

Comment

Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos Jr square off in a long-awaited matchup at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Saturday, November 27. The scheduled for twelve rounds contest features unbeaten unified WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight champion Lopez defending his belts against undefeated contender Kambosos The date when the fight airs live in Australia is Sunday, November 28.
                  As Ive said before it would be so good if George could get the win but I doubt it very much, hopefully Im wrong.

Comment

I agree he needs to be fighting for titles but I would actually like to see Tszyu fight Hurd or Lara before fighting Castano. After watching the Castano v Charlo fight a couple of months ago I would worry for Tszyu if he was to get in the ring with one of those 2 next. Tszyu originally was going to fight Tony Harrison not Inoue, Harrison has fought Charlo twice winning 1 & losing 1, he is the only bloke who has beaten Charlo.
                    The Charlo v Castano fight was epic.
                    I thought the Argentine was robbed in that fight and should have got the decision, he would be a tough challenge for Tszyu with his walk up style but I think he can beat him. I'm not a huge fan of the Charlo brothers and would be pretty confident of a win. Once he fights for titles he will need to step up but he has handled everything with aplomb so far.

Comment

Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos Jr square off in a long-awaited matchup at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Saturday, November 27. The scheduled for twelve rounds contest features unbeaten unified WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight champion Lopez defending his belts against undefeated contender Kambosos The date when the fight airs live in Australia is Sunday, November 28.
                      As Ive said before it would be so good if George could get the win but I doubt it very much, hopefully Im wrong.
                      With you on this one I think the Aussie might be in for a rough evening, Lopez was terrific against lomachenko and I think he will stop George.

Comment

Good luck today Georgie boy.
                        George Kambosos will go from being a no name to being a household name if he wins today.

Comment

Speaking of Aussie boxing, just found a dvd of the doco Mike Gibson, may he RIP, did an out Aussie boxing ….excellent stuff indeed

Comment

Very happy to be proven wrong , we have a new World champion who the got the well deserved decision.

Comment

Very happy to be proven wrong , we have a new World champion who the got the well deserved decision.
                              Unbelievable Johnny, how good.
                              Georgie boy, YES.
                              You CHAMPION.

Comment

Australia’s George Kambosos Jr. has pulled one of boxing’s great recent upsets, becoming the unified IBF, WBO, WBA and The Ring lightweight world champion.

The 28-year-old Sydneysider stunned unbeaten favourite Teofimo Lopez via split decision, 115-11, 115-113, 113-114.

Love it

Comment

Working...
                                X