Australian's Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Spot on with all 3 Andrew, Goodman has looked very polished in his fights and has a good workmate behind a solid jab.
    Nikita can punch hard but his footwork was terrible and didn't give himself any distance just boring in head down like a bar room brawler. The body punching was impressive as was Horns ability to withstand the punishment.
    I think they found a good opponent for Nikita Gave him some much needed time in the ring Needs a few more fights like that or should I say fighters to fight like that.

Next up I think is Brock Jarvis v Liam Paro in September I think
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• I didnt see the fight only the high lights but Horn was a tough opponent & I think anything could have happened if it was a 12 round fight. Why was it a 6 Rd fight?
      Why do they have 4 Rd fights.

Id like to see Nikita take on Michael Zarafa next.
      I just cannot see Tim Tszyu beating Charlo.
      Hopefully Brock Jarvis gets the win.

Comment

• Would you guys have paid for the TV subscription to watch that fight?
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Not at all related to Australian boxing but didn't want to start a thread just for one video.

For those that were around in 1987 (and even some who weren't) this is the fight between Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard that I'm sure you will remember. In my opinion it is the best fight (regardless of weight division) I've ever seen (not live of course). Don't agree with the decision but it is what it is. Amazingly, Hagler and Leonard only fought each other once. Of course Leonard did retire several times.

It really was a golden age for middleweight boxing with Hagler, Leonard, Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns. A shame Hagler never got a rematch but he couldn't wait forever for Leonard to come back.

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler | ON THIS DAY FREE FIGHT | The Super Fight - YouTube
          "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

• Does the video involve seeing Mundine get knocked out, Street Fighter style?

Somebody do a mashup where Mundine be boxin' then Ryu comes, does a massive hadouken and Mundine flies back going aaaaaw aaaw aaw aw. Afterwards a screen shows up with Mundine's bloody face saying 'you must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'.
            Last edited by ism22; 07-27-2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              Does the video involve seeing Mundine get knocked out, Street Fighter style?

Somebody do a mashup where Mundine be boxin' then Ryu comes, does a massive hadouken and Mundine flies back going aaaaaw aaaw aaw aw. Afterwards a screen shows up with Mundine's bloody face saying 'you must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'.
              WTF has Mundine got to do with my post? I honestly can't understand where you're coming from.

Comment

• Not quite with you on all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                  Not quite with you on all that.
                  Whose quote are you referring to?

Comment

• Ism been hitting the Sake a bit too hard me thinks.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post
                      Not at all related to Australian boxing but didn't want to start a thread just for one video.

For those that were around in 1987 (and even some who weren't) this is the fight between Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard that I'm sure you will remember. In my opinion it is the best fight (regardless of weight division) I've ever seen (not live of course). Don't agree with the decision but it is what it is. Amazingly, Hagler and Leonard only fought each other once. Of course Leonard did retire several times.

It really was a golden age for middleweight boxing with Hagler, Leonard, Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns. A shame Hagler never got a rematch but he couldn't wait forever for Leonard to come back.

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler | ON THIS DAY FREE FIGHT | The Super Fight - YouTube
                      Watched that fight many times 007 and I can see it going either way.
                      Hagler made a terrible tactical error by boxing orthodox for the first 4 rounds before switching to his normal southpaw stance and gaining control.
                      Sugar Ray was brilliant and threw some round stealing combinations in the last 30 seconds of rounds which Ali used to do.
                      It was indeed the golden era and they fought each other from welterweight to middleweight which are my favourite divisions as they have speed but enough pop to knock blokes out.
                      4 all time greats and will never been seen again as they took each other on in their prime which doesn't happen as much nowadays.

Comment

• [QUOTE=007; Whose quote are you referring to?

Sorry. Not your response which was appropriate 00.

Comment

• RIP Johnny Famechon one of the greatest Australian boxers of all time.
                          Trained by the legendary Ambrose Palmer who emphasised defence and stamina, Fammo had the best left jab in our boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                            RIP Johnny Famechon one of the greatest Australian boxers of all time.
                            Trained by the legendary Ambrose Palmer who emphasised defence and stamina, Fammo had the best left jab in our boxing history.
                            R.I.P. Johnny Famechon.

Totally agree with you - up there with the best of them. He had a fantastic record.

Nice article in the SMH.

Johnny Famechon dies aged 77 (smh.com.au)

Comment

• What fights are you most looking forward to over the back end of the year?
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Not so much the back end of the year - but early next year when Tim Tszyu and Jermell Charlo meet in late January 2023 (29 January AEST).

58 fights combined and only the one loss by Charlo that was to Tony Harrison back in 2018. However - regained the WBC light middleweight title in 2019 from the same opponent.

Should be an absolute cracker. I wish Tim well.

Comment

Working...
                                X