Coronavirus / Covid-19 Global Pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus / Covid-19 Global Pandemic

In Britain there were 700 deaths from the virus yesterday.
    In America there were 1,700 deaths from the virus yesterday.

So what are people doing in America?
    Having Covid-19 parties!
    You can call them BYOC parties. That’s bring your own COVID-19.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/...&OCID=AVRES000

Health officials in Walla Walla, Washington, are admonishing the sudden rise in so-called “COVID-19 parties” where non-infected guests mingle with those who have tested positive for the virus, ostensibly in hopes of speeding up the process of catching, and overcoming, the virus.

#####

Walla Walla needs a Nulla Nulla to knock some sense into people.

US currently sits 9th on the deaths/1,000,000. hard to see how they won't climb higher.

Coronavirus deaths per capita were highest in Belgium, topping a list of 172 countries worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
      US currently sits 9th on the deaths/1,000,000. hard to see how they won't climb higher.
      Not sure what they're doing in Belgium, but in Sweden they did not impose a lockdown, instead "aiming at building a broad-base of immunity while protecting at-risk groups like the elderly." 'Herd immunity'..."allowing
      some exposure to the virus in order to build immunity among the general population."
      Big problem with that policy:
      Population: 10.2million Sweden
      Deaths: 2,355. ( at 28/4)
      Everything stayed open ...and people died...at 20+ times the rate of in Australia...with Australia having a population 2.5 times that of Sweden.

Comment

O, oh!

Man flew into Brisbane from overseas.
        Was put in quarantine for 14 days.
        All good.

After 14 days was released from quarantine, was not tested, caught a flight from Bris to Sydney on a QF flight, now has tested positive to the virus, any contacts are being sought.
        All bad.

Obviously 14 days are not long enough in quarantine.

Comment

"Honestly, the corona virus isn't killing men fast enough"- Clementine Ford

11:33 PM - 22 May 2020

https://twitter.com/clementine_ford/...81917315395586

Comment

Here we go again!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

#####

Oh why didn't I stock up on 145 rolls of toilet paper when they were plentiful?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Here we go again!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

#####

Oh why didn't I stock up on 145 rolls of toilet paper when they were plentiful?
              Woolies have had loads for half price for 4 weeks in a row now.
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

The shelves are 'slowly' [or quickly depending on where one shops] being emptied.

Shoppers have reported seeing bare toilet paper shelves in NSW supermarkets after stores reinstated product limits in their Victorian outlets.

Toilet paper was in short supply at Coles and Woolworths at Roselands in Sydney's south-west on Thursday, the Herald has been told.
                Posting on social media, shoppers also complained of empty shelves at Coles Merrylands and Woolworths Leichhardt in Sydney, as well as Coles Toronto in Lake Macquarie.

#####

If I can get what I want this week I'll be fine.
                I think people remember what happened to them last time, and are making sure they get in first this time.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

They wont any longer.

I found it disgusting how the major supermarket chains price gouged throughout the initial part of the pandemic.

I thought that when a pandemic was officially declared that any price increases were not allowed? Obviously I was incorrect.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

I have toilet paper on order in my home delivery from a supermarket, coming tomorrow.
                    If the said paper arrives I will be fine even if the shelf strippers go crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                      I have toilet paper on order in my home delivery from a supermarket, coming tomorrow.
                      If the said paper arrives I will be fine even if the shelf strippers go crazy.
                      I can relax now....thanks BB.

Comment

Two flights from Melbourne are arriving in Sydney tonite.
                        NO! it should not be allowed.
                        Melbourne is alive with increased cases of
                        Covid-19.
                        NSW should close its land and air borders with Vic ...now...at midnight tonite.

Comment

Scomo should build a wall and keep the Mexicans out

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I can relax now....thanks BB.
                            It's not here yet.
                            Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-30-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                              Scomo should build a wall and keep the Mexicans out
                              A temporary wall at least...until they get the message...and actually DO what they should be doing on this matter.
                              Their, and also NSW's allowing returning travellers to dictate the terms of their quarantining in hotels is/was absolutely ridiculous.
                              "You must be tested for Covid-19 after 10 days in hotel isolation".
                              "No, we will not be letting you do that".
                              "Oh, ok, just leave quarantining after 14 days without being tested, sorry for
                              the inconvenience".
                              Lunacy.
                              7 new cases in NSW yesterday, all returning travellers in hotel isolation.
                              70 or so new cases in Melb/Vic yesterday...most
                              community transmission.
                              The borders should be closed until that community transmission figure is zero.
                              People in country Vic not happy?
                              Then they would need to bark at their Premier.
                              Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-30-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X