X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best cover ever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

Comment

• Thanks for the quality contributions to this old thread of mine.

This one came up this afternoon on my main computer and then again 2 hours later on my iPod when I was out walking. I have over 11,000 songs on shuffle too..not complaining though as this version is immaculate:

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• "It's these little things, they can pull you under

Comment

• To change the pace a little, a brilliant cover of a brilliant song.

"Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post
            To change the pace a little, a brilliant cover of a brilliant song.

Thanks for the memories. My dad bought me a cassette player and Molly's Aus Evolution double cassette when I turned 13 and that was one of the songs on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Thanks for the memories. My dad bought me a cassette player and Molly's Aus Evolution double cassette when I turned 13 and that was one of the songs on it.

No probs rwb. I was surprised to learn that Molly was the producer on that track. As surprised as I was to learn that Johnny Young wrote The Real Thing by Russell Morris.

Sasquatch

Comment

No probs rwb. I was surprised to learn that Molly was the producer on that track. As surprised as I was to learn that Johnny Young wrote The Real Thing by Russell Morris.
                I loved that whole era of music. A lot of it was covered again for the soundtrack of Sample People which I had in the past and sold on eBay. I still have it on my iTunes:

Comment

The Real Thing, yes an absolute classic. I think Molly had been listening to Sgt Peppers a lot at the time as his production is brilliantly late 60’s British psychedelia and definitely influenced by the fantastic George Martin production on Pepper.

Comment

To change the pace a little, a brilliant cover of a brilliant song.

Lol, i posted that on page one of this thread back in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Sorry Horrie.. I'd forgotten..I'm just glad this thread is getting some good positive contributions..

This one came up last night from one of our favourites:

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Oops!!! My faux pas mate! I should have put the updated version in from a 2011 reunion show. It is audio only but a great sound.

This ia a longer video with some other covers. Eleanor Rigby comes in at about 3:17 in although the intro is missing. I remember when I found this a few years ago I just thought how good it would have been to be there. I don't know if it just me but I reckon that the drummer Rick Brewer looks a bit like Craig Bellamy.

Last edited by Blue Suede Schubert; 09-05-2021, 01:45 PM.

Sasquatch

Comment

Oops!!! My faux pas mate! I should have put the updated version in from a 2011 reunion show. It is audio only but a great sound.

This ia a longer video with some other covers. Eleanor Rigby comes in at about 3:17 in although the intro is missing. I remember when I found this a few years ago I just thought how good it would have been to be there. I don't know if it just me but I reckon that the drummer Rick Brewer looks a bit like Craig Bellamy.

this one is bonz

Comment

• this is my favourite cover band EVER …all 1000 members are grouse

Comment

• One of my favourite bands of this millennium …5 Finger Death Punch and this cover (live and otherwise) is beyond brilliant…Bad Company

Comment

• Papa Hett and the boys doing a Thin Lizzy Cover

Comment

Working...
                                X