Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
    this is my favourite cover band EVER …all 1000 members are grouse
    That's brilliant having so many people playing like that. I did see the Ramones at the Hordern in 1989.
    "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

this one is bonz
      Seeing all of these Zoot videos makes me want to buy a Gibson SG

Sasquatch

Comment

• I suppose this can count as a cover. The Foo Fighters with Rick Springfield doing Jessies Girl.

Sasquatch

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

That's brilliant having so many people playing like that. I did see the Ramones at the Hordern in 1989.
          Me too…how good was Joey

Comment

Me too…how good was Joey
            Ha how good was all of it? I was fairly close to the stage and the PA speakers on the left side so it pumped where I was. The Hordern was a great place because you could get yourself into a decent position. Not a fan of being stuck in a chair at a rock concert. I saw the Sex Pistols there in 1996 as well and they were powerful as.

Sasquatch

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

Oops!!! My faux pas mate! I should have put the updated version in from a 2011 reunion show. It is audio only but a great sound.

This ia a longer video with some other covers. Eleanor Rigby comes in at about 3:17 in although the intro is missing. I remember when I found this a few years ago I just thought how good it would have been to be there. I don't know if it just me but I reckon that the drummer Rick Brewer looks a bit like Craig Bellamy.

All good, i'm glad such a good song and a great version got repeated again .
              Last edited by horrie hastings; 09-06-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Sorry Horrie.. I'd forgotten..I'm just glad this thread is getting some good positive contributions..

This one came up last night from one of our favourites:

All good redwhiteblue, that is a great version of Runaway but i love just about anything the Wilburys do.

Comment

• I posted this on page 1 also but a good song is worth repeating, i love Olivia's version of this song.

Comment

• Frida from ABBA does two great covers here, First one is Fire and Ice, video is not the best quality though.

Comment

• Saltwater

Comment

• George Harrisons version is a classic but growing up i heard Olivia'a version of What Is Life on the radio more.

Comment

• Two absolute legends of the music industry doing a version of a song that was originally done by two absolute legends before hand.

Comment

• Agnetha- When You Walk In the Room.

Comment

• Sharleen Spiteri - The Sounds of Silence.

Comment

• horrie hastings
                                Can you just start an Abba thread? You’re obviously obsessed
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X