This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Thanks MR and it's exactly this time 3 years ago that I was diagnosed and my cousin had passed away the week before. The surgery itself was fine and I can't speak highly enough of St Vincents Private and I donate to them every year on my operation anniversary. The healing time after was the hard part as I didn't have any home help so I was fending for myself plus I had to go back to work pretty soon after as I was on a contract then and it was end of financial year. The funny part was when they discharged me and I was down in the foyer, there was a woman head to toe in Souths gear and here I was drugged to the hilt clutching sick bags for the taxi ride home...I often wonder if I had said something inappropriate to her... I look and feel so much better now so it was all worth it and I'm glad it happened because now I know who my real friends were too during that time.

Now I have important posts to make in the food and music threads...take care everyone..
    Well I’m glad you’re in a much better place now. You’ve done so well to get through what sounds like a really tough time. You don’t just learn who you’re friends are during tough times, you learn a lot about yourself and it sounds like you’re a fighter and very resilient. You deserve a break and every happiness now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Well I’m glad you’re in a much better place now. You’ve done so well to get through what sounds like a really tough time. You don’t just learn who you’re friends are during tough times, you learn a lot about yourself and it sounds like you’re a fighter and very resilient. You deserve a break and every happiness now.
      Hi MR,

Thank you for the lovely compliments and I hope all is well with you. My brother in law and sister are coming up from Melbourne as the MIL is not well and my 90 year auntie on the Gold Coast broke her hip but apart from that, it's just another day in paradise..
      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Hi RWB yes still living the dream....same old tunes here. Did you land that gig you interviewed for?
        Just saw this message now Jack. That interview I had a while back was with an agency and they are doing their best to find me a suitable role. They have been very kind and supportive, as has everyone else I have been dealing with as we are all in this together as the song goes. I'm not going to lie and say it's all been ok as I am not used to being out of work and I've had some pretty awful moments. I won't say days though as I do tend to snap out of things pretty quickly and just get on with it all. Thanks for asking and I hope you are well too. Come over and visit when things settle down and we can go and have fish and chips down at the wharf.

This song just came up and I hope it's an omen for us all:

Comment

Hi MR,

Thank you for the lovely compliments and I hope all is well with you. My brother in law and sister are coming up from Melbourne as the MIL is not well and my 90 year auntie on the Gold Coast broke her hip but apart from that, it's just another day in paradise..
          It’s a bit like that isn’t in RWB. Hope you’re Aunty is going ok under the circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

It’s a bit like that isn’t in RWB. Hope you’re Aunty is going ok under the circumstances.
            Thanks very much MR. My auntie is ok for now but another family member did not make it this week and due to the virus, none of the grandchildren could come from overseas or interstate for the funeral. I've been sent a link to watch it online but I couldn't bring myself to do this. I hope all is well with you and your family this week and at least we have another big victory to enjoy.

Comment

Thanks very much MR. My auntie is ok for now but another family member did not make it this week and due to the virus, none of the grandchildren could come from overseas or interstate for the funeral. I've been sent a link to watch it online but I couldn't bring myself to do this. I hope all is well with you and your family this week and at least we have another big victory to enjoy.
              Moses is a criminal.

No more criminals from Lebanon to visit? Thank Jesus for Covid.
              Last edited by Rooster Fred; 07-10-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post

Moses is a criminal.
                I think Pablo will have to come out soon as I don’t know how much longer Fred will last.
                Your last meltdown was epic, it will be hard to beat that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I think Pablo will have to come out soon as I don’t know how much longer Fred will last.
                  Your last meltdown was epic, it will be hard to beat that.
                  Pablo is an imitator although I did notice him as well. The Chookpen will have to close permanently to stop me from posting.

Comment

Your family were unable to visit? That is very sad and I am sorry for your loss .
                    Thanks so much for your condolences. The relatives are actually in the UK and the US.

Comment

Your family couldn't visit? That is very sad and I'm sorry for your loss.
                      well done fred. good to see that even though we have our diffs, we have a bond as roosters fans that unites us.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

well done fred. good to see that even though we have our diffs, we have a bond as roosters fans that unites us.
                        I'm not sure he actually said that....look closer.

Comment

I'm not sure he actually said that....look closer.
                          Well spotted! I'll make a compliance officer out of you yet Jack...

It's quite scary how we can edit the posts of others..

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

Nah that was me talking to myself again..I changed Fred's post to something more acceptable to my tastes...Hope you had a good week Zac.

Comment

Nah that was me talking to myself again..I changed Fred's post to something more acceptable to my tastes...Hope you had a good week Zac.
                              I thought it was brilliant!

I knew he wouldnt have the class or decency for that.

Comment

I thought it was brilliant!

I knew he wouldnt have the class or decency for that.
                                If only Fred had just read my autosig, he may still be able to post on here...Fancy trying to mess with a Leo woman..

Comment

Working...
                                X