How long until Nerd Roosterman realises that every rooster fan is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Ace View Post
    Must of never got the chance to peruse the 'non members only' wall back in the day.
    Meh stuff paying to post on a forum...

Comment

Originally posted by sirgamble View Post
      If you buy a Roosters membership, posting access is included.

I don't mind it being members only but considering it is locked, there's no reason for NRM to be so heavy-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
        I think the FOFF stuff may have had a lot to do with it becoming members only.
        Which is pretty funny when you consider that the main names in the FOFF crew were members anyway!!
        Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

we need a FoFF reunion Pump, t shirts and all

Comment

I have a differant theory, some of the trolls were racist and most of the stuff slanderous.

Also PIM the stalker, he was one very odd character who had major issues.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
              we need a FoFF reunion Pump, t shirts and all
              I've still got the transfers for screen printing.

The Brain giving Morley one was a career highlight!
              Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

What did Morely say ?
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wurth View Post
                  as you thought he sat in Bay 11, could you have been screaming at the wrong guy this time?

that'd be hilarious.
                  no i know who it is and where he sits.
                  i got the number wrong.
                  btw,he sits one row down from me,but 2 seats across

Comment

In the yr before it closed, the FOFF and Soward threads were insane.
                    Plus, the quality of understanding of the game, and the grammar is much higher here.
                    Yes how welcome would some mediocrity be these days compared to what we are seeing

Comment

In the yr before it closed, the FOFF and Soward threads were insane.
                      Plus, the quality of understanding of the game, and the grammar is much higher here.
                      Actually "The Wall" became members only WELL Before the FOFF began.

If my memory serves me correctly, around 2003 the wall became members only, you had to buy a separate membership ontop of the Season ticket. made the place a ghost town.

That was about the time the first peoples wall and the Rugby league site (by melon) started.

the Wall was reopend to the public due to lack of subscribers, then the Bulldogs Coffs harbour scandal came about, there were ALOT of things said that were not proven or had basis, leaving the club open to slander claims if these were seen in public.

At that time, a second mod, blacksheep was added to the moderators group on the wall along with NRM. at the same time, if anyone made a post, it was first moderated by the mods in order to censor what was being writen, in some cases causing LONG delays in posts showing on threads.

Since that was not working and blacksheep being removed as a mod, the wall was converted to a members only, it was after that when the FOFF commenced.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

If my memory serves me correctly, around 2003 the wall became members only, you had to buy a separate membership ontop of the Season ticket. made the place a ghost town.

That was about the time the first peoples wall and the Rugby league site (by melon) started.

the Wall was reopend to the public due to lack of subscribers, then the Bulldogs Coffs harbour scandal came about, there were ALOT of things said that were not proven or had basis, leaving the club open to slander claims if these were seen in public.

At that time, a second mod, blacksheep was added to the moderators group on the wall along with NRM. at the same time, if anyone made a post, it was first moderated by the mods in order to censor what was being writen, in some cases causing LONG delays in posts showing on threads.

Since that was not working and blacksheep being removed as a mod, the wall was converted to a members only, it was after that when the FOFF commenced.
                        I joined in 07 I think and it wasn't members only, nor was there any post delay. The place had morons like darque that brought all the Roosters fans together, good times...less infighting. Slightly.

It became members only again in late 07 or 08 iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by sirgamble View Post
                          I'm paying to support the club, get season tickets, and a half decent hat...forum access is secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
                            I joined in 07 I think and it wasn't members only, nor was there any post delay. The place had morons like darque that brought all the Roosters fans together, good times...less infighting. Slightly.

It became members only again in late 07 or 08 iirc.
                            Yeah you could be right about the dates, they have drifted from my memory, but the rest is pretty much spot on.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                            To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                            At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                            Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                            The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

It became members only again in late 07 - I remember because I was pissed off that after throwing money at the Club for years I was locked out when I decided not to contribute to the Club's coffers whilst Willie Wanka was in residence.

NC
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

Remember what it was like in 2000 and 2001? You didn't even need to bloody register! When you typed the post you just typed a name that you wanted the post to come under.

That was the days of Da Man's infamous trolling and all sorts of funny shit. Wish there was an archive.

Fun times fun times.

Comment

Working...
                                X